Take green tea hot or cold for fat burning

python93

python93

Awards
Does it matter if you take green tea hot or cold?
I'm gonna start taking it at night in order to aid in fat burning.
Also it really effective or not?
What would be a good alternative.
I have the little slips that you heat but am thinking about putting some ice cubes after

chil

chil

Banned
Awards
don't think it matters...... be careful green tea has alot of caffeine in it, might keep you up at night.... i know that cold water burns calories (your body has to heat water up to core temperature it takes energy to do this which burns calories) but its a very minute amount i saw it on discovery channel they had to break it down into years to burn any significant amount calories

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Green tea in the morning

Sleepy time tea pre bed

Not sure how effective it really is with regard to fat burning but I enjoy tea so it doesnt really matter to me

asdfvtn

Awards
I don't think it matters that much. I wouldn't recommend drinking it before bed because it does contain caffeine (Not that much though honestly). The whole cold/hot water to burn calories difference is negligible. Drink it whichever way taste better to you.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Green tea in the morning

Sleepy time tea pre bed

Not sure how effective it really is with regard to fat burning but I enjoy tea so it doesnt really matter to me
Sleepy Time Tea FTW!!!!

chil

chil

Banned
Awards
there are so many different types of teas... i've seen sleepy time, hair health, prostate health tea...etc just walk into any trader joes store and they have an array of teas i dont know how well they work...anyone have bloodwork while running prostate tea??? lmao

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Temperature of the green tea doesn't matter and in itself has no bearing on fat loss. It's the EGCG's in the green tea that promote fat loss and in order to get that from the drink, you have to take in a substantial amount. If you want to know more in greater detail then you can check out this thread here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/197479-health-claims-actually.html

python93

python93

Awards
Temperature of the green tea doesn't matter and in itself has no bearing on fat loss. It's the EGCG's in the green tea that promote fat loss and in order to get that from the drink, you have to take in a substantial amount. If you want to know more in greater detail then you can check out this thread here:
On a different note it would just be better to buy a fat burner. Which one do you recommend?

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
I suggest you should stay with Green tea..
U can also add some cinnamon or ginger to your last meal to aid some more thermogenic effect.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On a different note it would just be better to buy a fat burner. Which one do you recommend?
DCP is effective. Or you can build your own. I like raspberry ketones, TTA 500, Thyrocaps, and EC. Makes a potent stack.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Does it matter if you take green tea hot or cold?
I'm gonna start taking it at night in order to aid in fat burning.
Also it really effective or not?
What would be a good alternative.
I have the little slips that you heat but am thinking about putting some ice cubes after

It doesn't matter. Just don't drink TOO much green tea as it dehydrates you.

On some bro-science ****....drinking ANY liquid ICE COLD will help burn more calories as your body needs to re-turn back to its normal core temperature.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
if I were you id drink it in the morning and throughout the day...pretty sure green tea has almost as much caffeine as coffee...

python93

python93

Awards
if I were you id drink it in the morning and throughout the day...pretty sure green tea has almost as much caffeine as coffee...
Yeah I'll probably also drink coffee. What coffee do you recommend lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont think it matters I enjoy my magic matcha green tea every morning

asdfvtn

Awards
I think green tea actually has only 40-70% of the caffeine coffee contains.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
1 serving of coffee is about 135 mg of caffeine.
1 serving of green tea is 20 mg.

Black tea has higher ration content of caffeine than green tea.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'll probably also drink coffee. What coffee do you recommend lol
I love coffee and its actually really good to drink for a pre workout drink haha, I like yuban straight black