My regular morning oatmeal is making me sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    My regular morning oatmeal is making me sick.


    I have a morning breakfast staple and it's good ol fashion oatmeal to get some carbs in me but for the past month and a half it's been making me feel nauseated.I don't know if my body wants a change or just dosen't like that breakfast anymore.I get over my daily fiber anywhos so I was thinking white rice(breakfast is my pre workout meal by the way)

    Any other suggestions except for brown rice?(I have that post workout)

  2. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Whole wheat English muffin bro
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. Registered User
    Krampus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    4069

    Breakfast smoothie? Just blend what ever fruits, with ice and some milk. You could probably get around the same macros but with much higher micros.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    Breakfast smoothie? Just blend what ever fruits, with ice and some milk. You could probably get around the same macros but with much higher micros.
    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Whole wheat English muffin bro
    I'll try these both!
  5. Registered User
    Krampus's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    4069

    Straw berries/ banana/ blueberries is my favorite. Throw in some vanilla whey and you got something really special.
  6. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258611

    Try adding agave nectar to the oatmeal. This really has been known to work wonders on the stomach. Def a great thing to try.
  7. Registered User
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48008

    try grits with something in them for taste. I alternate them instead of oats sometimes when I eat carbs.
    Also, it's something I run into once in a while but if you eat too much protein and not enough fat you get nauseated as your body has a hard time geting rid of the nitrogen from your blood from the protein breakdown.
    Does your sweat smell like ammonia occasionally?
  8. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    1. Get a blender
    2. 7 eggwhites, 1 whole egg
    3. 1 cup oatmeal
    4. Blend it all together until liquified
    5. Cooking spray on a squillet
    6. Pour contents onto warm squillet
    7. Cinnamon and sweet n low on top after cooked
    ***PROTEIN PANCAKES***

    ...I personally make 1 large pancake the size of my squillet. I have once baught zero carb, zero sugar, zero sodium, zero fat, zero calorie syrup from a health food store but it's kind of expensive. Once and a while I will treat myself to it
  9. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt
    I have a morning breakfast staple and it's good ol fashion oatmeal to get some carbs in me but for the past month and a half it's been making me feel nauseated.I don't know if my body wants a change or just dosen't like that breakfast anymore.I get over my daily fiber anywhos so I was thinking white rice(breakfast is my pre workout meal by the way)

    Any other suggestions except for brown rice?(I have that post workout)
    I understand that feeling. Ground beef makes me sick now. Sucks bc I love eating burgers and stuff. Just replace it in your diet.

    After a month or two try adding it in again.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  10. Banned
    epstaneman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    I have a morning breakfast staple and it's good ol fashion oatmeal to get some carbs in me but for the past month and a half it's been making me feel nauseated.I don't know if my body wants a change or just dosen't like that breakfast anymore.I get over my daily fiber anywhos so I was thinking white rice(breakfast is my pre workout meal by the way)

    Any other suggestions except for brown rice?(I have that post workout)

    Try a white potato, whole grain pancakes/bread/bagel/muffin/cereal.......

    Some times the body gets used to clean foods ALL the time and having a weekly cheat 'meal' and snack will help.


    That pic you in your post? HOLLY ****! Makes me not even feel comfortable giving you advice when your physique is much more mature then mine.
  11. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    Quote Originally Posted by epstaneman View Post
    Try a white potato, whole grain pancakes/bread/bagel/muffin/cereal.......

    Some times the body gets used to clean foods ALL the time and having a weekly cheat 'meal' and snack will help.


    That pic you in your post? HOLLY ****! Makes me not even feel comfortable giving you advice when your physique is much more mature then mine.
    Took advantage of that youngin GH in highschool.2 cycles and 5 years training.18+5 lbs kept from cycles and I am at 8% in that picture.I look bigger due to bodyfat.
  12. Banned
    epstaneman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Took advantage of that youngin GH in highschool.2 cycles and 5 years training.18+5 lbs kept from cycles and I am at 8% in that picture.I look bigger due to bodyfat.

    "I" wouldn't complain. lol That would be my approach as well. A good cycle run here and there. Probably once a year IMO. Course its hard for most to be so patient when they get a taste.
  13. Registered User
    67nova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    pa
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    14323

    Never used it as a pre workout but it should work really well,take 1/2c oats(dry)3/4c whites,2oz sweet potatoe,1/4almond milk(or whatever milk)some cinn blend it up and make like a pancake.Top off with some greek yougurt/cottage cheese,fruit and its really good.

    Im actually tired of eating before trainiing so started doing it fasted in the morning.No strengh/speed loss just got to dail in my macros/times of carbs to preform better.As i yet to do a weight w/o only tire flips,hill sprints,ect im in recovery of overtraining.

    Another good one is greek yogurt mixed with dry oats(or cereal)and blended berries.Used this before swim w/o's and runs.
  14. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    Quote Originally Posted by epstaneman

    "I" wouldn't complain. lol That would be my approach as well. A good cycle run here and there. Probably once a year IMO. Course its hard for most to be so patient when they get a taste.
    Once a year is what I'm working with haha
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  15. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    Quote Originally Posted by 67nova
    Never used it as a pre workout but it should work really well,take 1/2c oats(dry)3/4c whites,2oz sweet potatoe,1/4almond milk(or whatever milk)some cinn blend it up and make like a pancake.Top off with some greek yougurt/cottage cheese,fruit and its really good.

    Im actually tired of eating before trainiing so started doing it fasted in the morning.No strengh/speed loss just got to dail in my macros/times of carbs to preform better.As i yet to do a weight w/o only tire flips,hill sprints,ect im in recovery of overtraining.

    Another good one is greek yogurt mixed with dry oats(or cereal)and blended berries.Used this before swim w/o's and runs.
    I have decided after my cycle to switch to IF due to being easier. O did try the muffin with some honey and it was the best
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  16. Registered User
    THOR 70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    1005

    Has anyone recommended quinoa? Also sweet potatoes are good too!
  17. Registered User
    67nova's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    pa
    Age
    39
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    14323

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Has anyone recommended quinoa? Also sweet potatoes are good too!
    No,i was thinking this was for a morning meal and its next to impossiable to make quinoa taste good with anything yet alone have to eat it first thing in the morning.I ate alot of it but its alittle much for me to ever think about it in morning for breakfast.
  18. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Has anyone recommended quinoa? Also sweet potatoes are good too!
    Not my thing.Sweet potatos are good but trouble some to fix(the way I like them via the oven and not the micro wave) pre workout due to time constraints.
  19. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Rep Power
    1187160

    Quote Originally Posted by 67nova View Post
    No,i was thinking this was for a morning meal and its next to impossiable to make quinoa taste good with anything yet alone have to eat it first thing in the morning.I ate alot of it but its alittle much for me to ever think about it in morning for breakfast.
    My breakfast just has to be edible.I can live without taste,it's what usually leads me to over eat anyway
  20. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,621
    Rep Power
    1541316

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt

    My breakfast just has to be edible.I can live without taste,it's what usually leads me to over eat anyway
    Amaranth with banana and Splenda. It's sweet. A complete protein and taste good

    Cooked like rice. Can be prepared days in advance.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  21. Registered User
    jcwhiteside96's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    1250

    Quote Originally Posted by VS91588
    1. Get a blender
    2. 7 eggwhites, 1 whole egg
    3. 1 cup oatmeal
    4. Blend it all together until liquified
    5. Cooking spray on a squillet
    6. Pour contents onto warm squillet
    7. Cinnamon and sweet n low on top after cooked
    ***PROTEIN PANCAKES***

    ...I personally make 1 large pancake the size of my squillet. I have once baught zero carb, zero sugar, zero sodium, zero fat, zero calorie syrup from a health food store but it's kind of expensive. Once and a while I will treat myself to it
    I tried the pancakes this morning, and I must say....Very Good. I'm going to have to look for that syrup though
  22. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by jcwhiteside96

    I tried the pancakes this morning, and I must say....Very Good. I'm going to have to look for that syrup though
    Glad you liked it dude!
  23. Banned
    epstaneman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jcwhiteside96 View Post
    I tried the pancakes this morning, and I must say....Very Good. I'm going to have to look for that syrup though

    mmmmmmmmmm pancakes.




    The brand is called Walden Farms bro. They're the bomb -diggidy as the kids would say. 0 carbs, 0 sugar, and 0 calories. Definitely your best friend on a cut as they have a wide variety of condiments. Ranch dressing, choc syrup, choc dip, ketchup, bbq sauce, and several other.


    This paid advertisement has been brought to you by a stoned moment on 'the stuff.'
  24. Banned
    epstaneman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    O-ya...and thanks for making me hungry ass holes. Guess I'll make a casein/egg protein cake with myz Walden Farms choc dip for icing. Ya its high in sodium but I don't give a FU*K about water weight! ZERO CALORIES BABY! I'll sweat that SH*T off going beast mode in the gym anyway.
  25. Registered User
    Mainevant's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    249
    Rep Power
    104126

    I also will share my recipe for breakfast/

    1 cup of oat meal
    1 scoop of protein powder
    2 cups of almond milk
    1 teaspoon of cinnamon
    1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
    1 cup of berries (blueberries, strawberries etc)
    1 cup of goji berries
    1 small banana
    Walden Farms Chocolate Souce (as much as you want)

    1 large boll...put everything and you are set...
    AMAZING! And the best thing is that you can change it up by adding yoghurt's, different fruits, nuts...
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
  26. Registered User
    aoeu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    39

    Try pouring milk over raw oats. Let it sit for a few minutes and then add some frozen blueberries and splenda. I also got sick of regular oatmeal but I quite like it this way.

    I also like french toast with whole wheat bread and sugar free syrup.
  27. Registered User
    434AT3M3's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    31

    I soak 1 cup of raw oats in two cups of water (in a shaker cup) for 10 minutes and the add two scoops of tasty protein. My favorite is chocolate and peanut butter protein. Shake until blended and then drink/eat. I think it tastes like oatmeal cookie batter flavored with my favorite protein.

    It is quick, easy and the flavor changes by using different protein. I have been eating it like this for 3+ years and I never get sick of it. Try banana flavored protein, cinnamon bun flavored protein, strawberry flavored protein, or mix one scoop of one protein with one scoop of another.

    I had one scoop of banana and one scoop of cinnamon bun flavored protein this morning in my soaked oats. Tasted like banana bread oatmeal cookie batter!

    Try it and let me know how it tastes.
  28. Registered User
    DGeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    47

    where do you guys get this Waldon Farms stuff. I can't find it at the Market of Choice in my area.
  29. Banned
    epstaneman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Antonio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    624
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DGeez View Post
    where do you guys get this Waldon Farms stuff. I can't find it at the Market of Choice in my area.
    Albertsons and Crogers carrys it. I THINK that's how you spell it? If you have neither in your city like myself, you will have to go to a well off side of town to find it. They will only carry at those grocery marts. (on the rich side of town if you want to call it that.) Look good too. Even though they have a wide variety, those fuc*ers blend in well.


    If all else fails you can always order from their website.
  30. Registered User
    DaveAshley's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Fort Pierce
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    29

    I feel the same exact way but I'll add berries and Splenda or all natural honey of its a pre workout or even raisins
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Something is making me sick but what is it?
    By flynlow in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 05:55 PM
  2. weight is making me lose my mind...
    By nab0610 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 11:02 AM
  3. My bulking phase is making me fat
    By Alt+F4 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 12:29 PM
  4. Swole making me sick
    By TheRifleman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in