My regular morning oatmeal is making me sick.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a morning breakfast staple and it's good ol fashion oatmeal to get some carbs in me but for the past month and a half it's been making me feel nauseated.I don't know if my body wants a change or just dosen't like that breakfast anymore.I get over my daily fiber anywhos so I was thinking white rice(breakfast is my pre workout meal by the way)

Any other suggestions except for brown rice?(I have that post workout)

Krampus

Krampus

Awards
Breakfast smoothie? Just blend what ever fruits, with ice and some milk. You could probably get around the same macros but with much higher micros.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Krampus

Krampus

Awards
Straw berries/ banana/ blueberries is my favorite. Throw in some vanilla whey and you got something really special.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Try adding agave nectar to the oatmeal. This really has been known to work wonders on the stomach. Def a great thing to try.

V

vassille

Awards
try grits with something in them for taste. I alternate them instead of oats sometimes when I eat carbs.
Also, it's something I run into once in a while but if you eat too much protein and not enough fat you get nauseated as your body has a hard time geting rid of the nitrogen from your blood from the protein breakdown.
Does your sweat smell like ammonia occasionally?

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
1. Get a blender
2. 7 eggwhites, 1 whole egg
3. 1 cup oatmeal
4. Blend it all together until liquified
5. Cooking spray on a squillet
6. Pour contents onto warm squillet
7. Cinnamon and sweet n low on top after cooked
***PROTEIN PANCAKES***

...I personally make 1 large pancake the size of my squillet. I have once baught zero carb, zero sugar, zero sodium, zero fat, zero calorie syrup from a health food store but it's kind of expensive. Once and a while I will treat myself to it

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a morning breakfast staple and it's good ol fashion oatmeal to get some carbs in me but for the past month and a half it's been making me feel nauseated.I don't know if my body wants a change or just dosen't like that breakfast anymore.I get over my daily fiber anywhos so I was thinking white rice(breakfast is my pre workout meal by the way)

I understand that feeling. Ground beef makes me sick now. Sucks bc I love eating burgers and stuff. Just replace it in your diet.

After a month or two try adding it in again.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards

Try a white potato, whole grain pancakes/bread/bagel/muffin/cereal.......

Some times the body gets used to clean foods ALL the time and having a weekly cheat 'meal' and snack will help.

That pic you in your post? HOLLY ****! Makes me not even feel comfortable giving you advice when your physique is much more mature then mine.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try a white potato, whole grain pancakes/bread/bagel/muffin/cereal.......

Some times the body gets used to clean foods ALL the time and having a weekly cheat 'meal' and snack will help.

That pic you in your post? HOLLY ****! Makes me not even feel comfortable giving you advice when your physique is much more mature then mine.
Took advantage of that youngin GH in highschool.2 cycles and 5 years training.18+5 lbs kept from cycles and I am at 8% in that picture.I look bigger due to bodyfat.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Took advantage of that youngin GH in highschool.2 cycles and 5 years training.18+5 lbs kept from cycles and I am at 8% in that picture.I look bigger due to bodyfat.

"I" wouldn't complain. lol That would be my approach as well. A good cycle run here and there. Probably once a year IMO. Course its hard for most to be so patient when they get a taste.

67nova

Awards
Never used it as a pre workout but it should work really well,take 1/2c oats(dry)3/4c whites,2oz sweet potatoe,1/4almond milk(or whatever milk)some cinn blend it up and make like a pancake.Top off with some greek yougurt/cottage cheese,fruit and its really good.

Im actually tired of eating before trainiing so started doing it fasted in the morning.No strengh/speed loss just got to dail in my macros/times of carbs to preform better.As i yet to do a weight w/o only tire flips,hill sprints,ect im in recovery of overtraining.

Another good one is greek yogurt mixed with dry oats(or cereal)and blended berries.Used this before swim w/o's and runs.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
"I" wouldn't complain. lol That would be my approach as well. A good cycle run here and there. Probably once a year IMO. Course its hard for most to be so patient when they get a taste.
Once a year is what I'm working with haha

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never used it as a pre workout but it should work really well,take 1/2c oats(dry)3/4c whites,2oz sweet potatoe,1/4almond milk(or whatever milk)some cinn blend it up and make like a pancake.Top off with some greek yougurt/cottage cheese,fruit and its really good.

Im actually tired of eating before trainiing so started doing it fasted in the morning.No strengh/speed loss just got to dail in my macros/times of carbs to preform better.As i yet to do a weight w/o only tire flips,hill sprints,ect im in recovery of overtraining.

Another good one is greek yogurt mixed with dry oats(or cereal)and blended berries.Used this before swim w/o's and runs.
I have decided after my cycle to switch to IF due to being easier. O did try the muffin with some honey and it was the best :)

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone recommended quinoa? Also sweet potatoes are good too!

67nova

Awards
No,i was thinking this was for a morning meal and its next to impossiable to make quinoa taste good with anything yet alone have to eat it first thing in the morning.I ate alot of it but its alittle much for me to ever think about it in morning for breakfast.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not my thing.Sweet potatos are good but trouble some to fix(the way I like them via the oven and not the micro wave) pre workout due to time constraints.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
No,i was thinking this was for a morning meal and its next to impossiable to make quinoa taste good with anything yet alone have to eat it first thing in the morning.I ate alot of it but its alittle much for me to ever think about it in morning for breakfast.
My breakfast just has to be edible.I can live without taste,it's what usually leads me to over eat anyway

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My breakfast just has to be edible.I can live without taste,it's what usually leads me to over eat anyway
Amaranth with banana and Splenda. It's sweet. A complete protein and taste good

Cooked like rice. Can be prepared days in advance.

jcwhiteside96

jcwhiteside96

Awards
1. Get a blender
3. 1 cup oatmeal
***PROTEIN PANCAKES***

...I personally make 1 large pancake the size of my squillet. I have once baught zero carb, zero sugar, zero sodium, zero fat, zero calorie syrup from a health food store but it's kind of expensive. Once and a while I will treat myself to it
I tried the pancakes this morning, and I must say....Very Good. I'm going to have to look for that syrup though

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
I tried the pancakes this morning, and I must say....Very Good. I'm going to have to look for that syrup though

mmmmmmmmmm pancakes.

The brand is called Walden Farms bro. They're the bomb -diggidy as the kids would say. 0 carbs, 0 sugar, and 0 calories. Definitely your best friend on a cut as they have a wide variety of condiments. Ranch dressing, choc syrup, choc dip, ketchup, bbq sauce, and several other.

This paid advertisement has been brought to you by a stoned moment on 'the stuff.' :popcorn:

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
O-ya...and thanks for making me hungry ass holes. Guess I'll make a casein/egg protein cake with myz Walden Farms choc dip for icing. Ya its high in sodium but I don't give a FU*K about water weight! ZERO CALORIES BABY! I'll sweat that SH*T off going beast mode in the gym anyway.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
I also will share my recipe for breakfast/

1 cup of oat meal
1 scoop of protein powder
2 cups of almond milk
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of desiccated coconut
1 cup of berries (blueberries, strawberries etc)
1 cup of goji berries
1 small banana
Walden Farms Chocolate Souce (as much as you want)

1 large boll...put everything and you are set...
AMAZING! And the best thing is that you can change it up by adding yoghurt's, different fruits, nuts...

aoeu

aoeu

Awards
Try pouring milk over raw oats. Let it sit for a few minutes and then add some frozen blueberries and splenda. I also got sick of regular oatmeal but I quite like it this way.

I also like french toast with whole wheat bread and sugar free syrup.

434AT3M3

Awards
I soak 1 cup of raw oats in two cups of water (in a shaker cup) for 10 minutes and the add two scoops of tasty protein. My favorite is chocolate and peanut butter protein. Shake until blended and then drink/eat. I think it tastes like oatmeal cookie batter flavored with my favorite protein.

It is quick, easy and the flavor changes by using different protein. I have been eating it like this for 3+ years and I never get sick of it. Try banana flavored protein, cinnamon bun flavored protein, strawberry flavored protein, or mix one scoop of one protein with one scoop of another.

I had one scoop of banana and one scoop of cinnamon bun flavored protein this morning in my soaked oats. Tasted like banana bread oatmeal cookie batter!

Try it and let me know how it tastes.

D

DGeez

Awards
where do you guys get this Waldon Farms stuff. I can't find it at the Market of Choice in my area.

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
where do you guys get this Waldon Farms stuff. I can't find it at the Market of Choice in my area.
Albertsons and Crogers carrys it. I THINK that's how you spell it? If you have neither in your city like myself, you will have to go to a well off side of town to find it. They will only carry at those grocery marts. (on the rich side of town if you want to call it that.) Look good too. Even though they have a wide variety, those fuc*ers blend in well.

If all else fails you can always order from their website. ;)

D

DaveAshley

Awards
I feel the same exact way but I'll add berries and Splenda or all natural honey of its a pre workout or even raisins

D

DaveAshley

Awards
I get mine at a nutritional store called Nutrition Smart. Wilson Farmes have all kinds of calorie free foods that taste great.

Red9

Red9

Awards
^^^ He's right, Albertson's and the KROGER BRAND which typically is Fry's Food stores generic brand

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
1. Get a blender
3. 1 cup oatmeal
***PROTEIN PANCAKES***

Are you able to add a 1/2 scoop of whey to this or does that throw the pancakes out of whack. just curious i want to try it.

M

marios

Awards
as most of us (if not all of us) have oats in the morning, i woull try to suggest some ways to enjoy oats in different ways. i happen to experiment a lot with oat variations. here are some examples:
mix your oats with water making a sticky but slightly watery (lumpy) mixture. add some olive oil,stirr. preheat oven to approximately 200 celcius. in a non stick pan (skillet, dont know how u call it in the US,sorry) put the mixture, and apply it like you are making a pan cake shape, imagine as the base of a pizza. cook with air in the oven for 30-45 mins, untill it turns golden brown. it will be crispy, so you can enjoy it as a rusk (i am greek-cypriot so we like mediteranean style dishes, and rusks) or you can use it as a pizza base and add fat free cheese, salsa and some dely meet low fat/salt

you can always soak your oats in water overnight (or milk), leave it in the fridge. and in the morning you put it in the blender with whey and maybe frozen fruits. by soaking the oats overnight i found out that they dont have that rough feeling in the neck, as if you would blend them not soaked.

this one is from a book i red:
cook your oats in milk, low heat with a little bit of splenda or sweetener of your choice. when its ready add one scoop vanilla protein, some vanilla or almond extract (or any other extract u like) some cinnamon and serve warm, with some slivered almonds on top. add the protein at the end as i dont think it would be a good idea to cook it with the protein from the beggining. try this cream like oat variation cold as well, put it in the fridge and serve the next day.

another one i ve tried is oat apple pie:
i dont know the amounts exactly as i always calculate by eye.
you will need :
oats
apples (cut and a little bit boiled)
splenda
almonds
cinnamon
2-3 eggs
some sort of milk
canola oil
baking soda or powder i found is not required as oats tend to rise, but fall because they are heavy :(
mix them all together and bake for half hour and you will have an apple pie thing

another one i saw from LIVESTRONG.COM:
Cinnamazing Pancake
INGREDIENTS: ½ cup oats, ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese, ¾ cup Egg Beaters, ½ tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. vanilla extract, ½ scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/8 tsp. baking powder. DIRECTIONS: Mix all the ingredients together in a blender until it resembles pancake batter. Pour onto a non-stick skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
tip. i also added some milk to make the mixture more moist :)

i hope i helped! i am sorry if my english is not so good :)

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
1/2 cup oats w/ scoop chocolate casein protein. Add water. Stir a bit. Drink.

I'm not a oatmeal guy and did the following one lazy morning. Didn't taste that bad. Actually ......pretty dam* good if I may say so. Filling as hell too.

It was like re-discovering my weener. :)

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Are you able to add a 1/2 scoop of whey to this or does that throw the pancakes out of whack. just curious i want to try it.
You can throw 1 scoop of whey protein in it. I have done it before its not a problem. Sometimes I add a table spoon of natty PB just to give it a different taste... Have fun with it cuz everything gets blended till liquified

D

DGeez

Awards
Thanks guys! My morning meal is the same every day.
1 scoop whey
6 boiled eggs (2 whole) I soft boil these and smash them together in a cup...salt...pepper...awesome!
1c oats
1/2c blueberries

Sometimes I will change the fruit in the oatmeal when I get tired of it.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Albertsons and Crogers carrys it. I THINK that's how you spell it? If you have neither in your city like myself, you will have to go to a well off side of town to find it. They will only carry at those grocery marts. (on the rich side of town if you want to call it that.) Look good too. Even though they have a wide variety, those fuc*ers blend in well.

If all else fails you can always order from their website. ;)
Whole foods. Food for less. Heb if you got it. Walmart has it but not at all stores. Central market,a lot of places carry it. Gluten free isle. You should shop in gluten free if you have an eating disorder. I'm tired of going to that isle and I'm looking at skeletor with tits. Shopping next to me.

G

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find it in my local supermarket, usually in the organic section near the rest of the dessert toppings/condiments & sauces.

Doss

Doss

Awards
  • Established
Quinoa. Tastes great and gives you incredible pumps, plus it's one of the healthiest carb sources in the world. I'm a huge fan.

If you boil it with some raisins/craisins it will soak up some of the taste and sweeten the dish a bit. I've never experimented with cinnamon or other spices, but I'll give it a shot and get back to you!

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
You know what else gives you crazy pumps?

Lifting with balls. :bandit:

C

coco2

Awards
1. Get a blender
3. 1 cup oatmeal
***PROTEIN PANCAKES***

I will keep this recipe in my list:) love pancakes!