Meals after 6pm ??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Meals after 6pm ???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Meals after 6pm ???

Hey guys I need some soild ideas for meals after 6pm . I'm trying to bulk up gettin about 3400 cals a day and about 350 carbs a day which I can't get it to 400 like I need to . This is mostly because I gain fat really easy on my midsection so I can't do carbs after 6pm so this doesn't give me alot of time to get my 400g of carbs in before . I know most carbs after 6pm turn into fat so I need some good meal idea for after 6pm thanks guys !

2. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

That's a myth that carbs after 6 turn to fat.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW2
    That's a myth that carbs after 6 turn to fat.
    ^^fact^^

It's all about total macros and tdee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Ya I thought the same thing bro and exp lifting so hard I fig my metabolism would still be running pretty fast at 6 I'd be fine so for the past month I said fck it and just ate carbs when ever but I def gained some lbs all midsection this past moth so know idk how to go about it
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Drope26
    Ya I thought the same thing bro and exp lifting so hard I fig my metabolism would still be running pretty fast at 6 I'd be fine so for the past month I said fck it and just ate carbs when ever but I def gained some lbs all midsection this past moth so know idk how to go about it
    It is almost impossible to understand you, let alone help you if you persist in abbreviating the meaning out of everything you are trying to say. That and punctuation is a Godsend.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drope26
    Meal timing is largely irrelevant regarding body composition, if you are gaining weight it means you are eating far too high over maintenance cals
  7. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Meal timing is largely irrelevant regarding body composition, if you are gaining weight it means you are eating far too high over maintenance cals
    ^^^ This. If you are gaining too much fat just start dropping your cals by 100 per week until you find an optimum number that allows you to minimize fat gain.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

I'm pretty sure your metabolism doesn't slow down through the day either. Where did you get that one? lol
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why is 6pm the magic fat storing number?.. My body doesn't know the time, it continues to work 24/7. Always metabolically active, always working.

Just eat after 6pm. And just FYI, even protein can be stored as fat
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

I'd recommend you read John Kiefer's Carb Backloading book. It gets highly technical at times as he delves into the bio chemistry involved with insulin sensitivity, but long story short, your body is actually less likely to store excess carbs as fat in the evening, especially after training.

The don't eat in the evening is Oprah/Jillian Michaels "conventional wisdom" bull****.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drope26 View Post
    Hey guys I need some soild ideas for meals after 6pm . I'm trying to bulk up gettin about 3400 cals a day and about 350 carbs a day which I can't get it to 400 like I need to . This is mostly because I gain fat really easy on my midsection so I can't do carbs after 6pm so this doesn't give me alot of time to get my 400g of carbs in before . I know most carbs after 6pm turn into fat so I need some good meal idea for after 6pm thanks guys !

If your carb sensitive then having a lower carb intake over-all for the day wouldn't be a bad idea. Carbs after 6 don't turn to fat but I would say carbs RIGHT BEFORE YOU SLEEP will turn to fat.

All in all, so long as your at a deficit at the end of the day your going to loose fat. Since your trying to bulk, having carbs before bed wouldn't be bad at all. Just depends on how sensitive you are to carbs. Find out what carb intake works for you. Whatever that number is, who cares if its before bed or at what time....so long as your meeting your macros and calorie target you'll grow without putting on extra fat. Just make sure you are spot on with your macros and don't have TOO MUCH of a caloric surplus so you can promote lean gains.
  12. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Crap the majority of my carbs come after 6pm AND I eat a huge ol bunch of em right before bed...gonna get fat.

Sorry for the sarcastic reply but looks like most of the people in here helped you in the correct way. For the vast majority of people worrying too much about minor things is just irrelevant. Search around I am sure you can find some good resources and PM me if you need more help.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

during bulk mode i always eat a few cups of cheerios before bed
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    during bulk mode i always eat a few cups of cheerios before bed
    That sounds really good right now. FUUUUU
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  999 lbs.

As everybody else said, carbs don't make you fat after a certain amount of time.
    As for the insulin spike caused by carbs and the inhibition of GH.. somebody elaborate on this for me please.

Similar Forum Threads

1. why he do not to take steroid after 6PM?
    By athletor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 04:56 PM
  2. How soon should you work out after eating a meal?
    By IPO Greatness in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
  3. Napping After Meals
    By Heavylron in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 08:16 PM
  4. water- drink it right after my meal?
    By animalXXX in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 02:11 AM
  5. Cheat meal - After Workout or no?