Mass Gainer Recommendations?

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Reach my goal calorie intake is damn near impossible these days, I'm looking into buying a mass gainer..there are hundreds out there, and I was hoping someone here can recommend one that actually WORKS. I don't want to be bloated, and I have a goal of 20 more lbs to put on..

Any advice?
Thanks!

Khalid

P.S.
I know I gotta eat big to get big! :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Reach my goal calorie intake is damn near impossible these days, I'm looking into buying a mass gainer..there are hundreds out there, and I was hoping someone here can recommend one that actually WORKS. I don't want to be bloated, and I have a goal of 20 more lbs to put on..

Any advice?
Thanks!

Khalid

P.S.
I know I gotta eat big to get big! :)
-2 cups whole milk
-1 cup cottage cheese or greek yogurt
- 1-2 cups oatmeal
-2 tbsp EVOO or 2 TBSPS Natural PB.

That works.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I tried something like that, I got sick to my stomach lol
In terms of products, is there anything you recommend?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I tried something like that, I got sick to my stomach lol
In terms of products, is there anything you recommend?
Hm...I can honestly say Ultra Peptide and add carb powders if you can't stomach the oatmeal. Add Natural Peanut Butter or EVOO or EVCO to top it up, if not , you are just looking at wasting money BIG time from poor micro-nutrient sources and bad sugars from the others!!

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I can stomach it, its just a lot to take down sometimes..I have been trying to "train" my stomach for a while now, but I can't seem to do it =\, I wish I could just inject calories into my system and be done with it

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I can stomach it, its just a lot to take down sometimes..I have been trying to "train" my stomach for a while now, but I can't seem to do it =\, I wish I could just inject calories into my system and be done with it
Hahaha there's ways to increase stomach size practicing with bigger meals...someone on this forum even said it help eating a whole bunch of grapes for increasing stomach size haha. Haven't found any science behind that yet, but you could look into that!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat PB sandwhiches between meals.
Mix ground flax with your shakes
Cook with coconut oil
Use a digestive enzyme or eat pineapples

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Eat PB sandwhiches between meals.
Mix ground flax with your shakes
Cook with coconut oil
Use a digestive enzyme or eat pineapples
And papaya. Helps amazingly with digestion as well as yogurt. Actually whole papaya+pineapple+yogurt combo is just amazing.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And papaya. Helps amazingly with digestion as well as yogurt. Actually whole papaya+pineapple+yogurt combo is just amazing.
Yea, i found when i eat to much yogurt i get horrible gas, that smells like i poo'd on myself lol.

Now i just use: flax, some yogurt, all bran and psyllium husk. Thatll turn you into a poopin machine!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yea, i found when i eat to much yogurt i get horrible gas, that smells like i poo'd on myself lol.

Now i just use: flax, some yogurt, all bran and psyllium husk. Thatll turn you into a poopin machine!
I like it when people know what they are posting about :). Will rep when I'm on a PC haha

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like it when people know what they are posting about :). Will rep when I'm on a PC haha
My computers constantly being used, all i have is the app lol i wanna send reps out to ppl but i cant!! Frustrating..

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I made a STRANGE concoction a week or so ago:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tbsp EVOO
1 scoop casein (not sure if it was that or whey)
2 cups milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp chocolate syrup
Threw it in a blender.....

Needless to say, the next day the plumber had to come in to MY JOB and spent an hour unclogging what seemed to be a really smelly anaconda.
I can honestly say I felt 10 lbs lighter..lol I felt like I could jump higher

It was Chuck Norris tough.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I made a STRANGE concoction a week or so ago:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tbsp EVOO
1 scoop casein (not sure if it was that or whey)
2 cups milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp chocolate syrup
Threw it in a blender.....

Needless to say, the next day the plumber had to come in to MY JOB and spent an hour unclogging what seemed to be a really smelly anaconda.
I can honestly say I felt 10 lbs lighter..lol I felt like I could jump higher

It was Chuck Norris tough.
Sounds disgusting bro lol.

To me, the biggest thing for gaining quality weight/mass besides eating a surplus of calories. Is digestion. Nutrient uptake is better, food passes faster, less bloat.

Zatek

Awards
Mass gainers are pretty much nothing but sugar and protein. Some might have some creatine and some other supplements mixed in as well, but nothing special. Would probably be a lot cheaper and more enjoyable to just go buy a quart of ice cream or a jar of peanut butter. You can even mix in some creatine and call it an "anabolic weight gainer", lol.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I have a few protein bars in my desk, but they are all sweet, I want something that won't make me feel queasy afterwards...I stopped using my GF grill because it dries everything up

Zatek

Awards
I have a few protein bars in my desk, but they are all sweet, I want something that won't make me feel queasy afterwards...I stopped using my GF grill because it dries everything up
Meat is great to have in your diet, but probably not the easiest food to bulk up with if you're having trouble eating enough because you're full all the time. The quick and "dirty" way get more calories is to eat something like ice cream or peanut butter. If you want to stay away from eating a lot of sugar, then you just have to "practice" eating bigger meals. I used to do the whole 6-8 meals a day deal, but prob a year and a half ago or so I switched over to 1 meal a day. Took a while to get used to, but now I can down pretty much any amount of calories that an active person could possibly need in a single day. 2 lbs of steak and half a dozen baked potatoes covered in cheese and butter is around ~4,000 calories in an hour or so. Usually I only eat around 2,500 though since I have a desk job.

zeroshens

Awards
Have a fatty piece of red meat. Mass gainers are just protein an sugar. They mostly just make you fat. At least with red meat it has creatine efa and protein. If you are eating 6 meals try converting 4 to red meat as the remainder chicken and fish. You should add weight easy. If your response is that it's too hard - then BBing may not be for you lol.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
Well just an update, I ended up getting dymatize elite, also bought a huge container of peanut butter and oats..gonna mix up a serving of each along with EVOO, and maybe some yogurt. Let's hope this tastes good, of it does I have found my new breakfast :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Mass gainers are a waste of time; little to no nutrients at all. Protein bars are a waste; empty calories, full of junk and expensive to boot.

Maybe consider reading the ingrediants label of the products you buy from time to time. If you have no problem downing flavoured sugar (like mass gainer) why not just add 2 scoops of whey protein to 15-20tablespoons of sugar then add a flavouring of your choice. Bingo, a cheap, empty calorie wegith gainer.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I would recommend more calorie dense foods whole milk,snack on almonds, almond butter, macadamia nuts, whole eggs, fattier cuts of meat,
beef jerky, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, etc...
I'm sure others will jump in with some great suggestions,
Good luck
Peace

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Well just an update, I ended up getting dymatize elite, also bought a huge container of peanut butter and oats..gonna mix up a serving of each along with EVOO, and maybe some yogurt. Let's hope this tastes good, of it does I have found my new breakfast :)

This is the best choice I think.
If u r making your own gainer you know what's in it.

Try this combo:

1.Oats
2.Peanut butter
3.Coconut oil
4.Goji berries
5.Protein powder
6.Milk
7.Cinnamon

Awesome!

BigD89

Awards
What about inner armor mass peak? Pretty expensive so would never buy it but can get it pretty cheap so figured I may try it out

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
4 scoops dymatize
16 oz milk
1 cup of oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp EVOO

Yum.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm a big p-butter banana sandwich fan...

Weight gainer? Value wise: Real Gains, Good Carb source: Up Your Mass...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I feel your pain buddy... Same problem over here...

JD

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
My computers constantly being used, all i have is the app lol i wanna send reps out to ppl but i cant!! Frustrating..
Got this problem too... I'd like to rep this post because it's addressing an issue I'm having also...

JD

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards

Up Your Mass is nice. Taste delicious but for me it's a medium ok - main protein source is soy isolate.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

When I bulk its one of my at work snacks between breakfast and lunch..Usually PB,banana on ww bagel. Good 600 calories.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I was taking a mass gainer that came in a black tub from ***..seemed to work well for me

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Some people are so busy that they don't have time to eat a proper meal.
That's why shakes are comfortable.
Quick and convenient..The only thing about some of them is a ingredients profile.
Most of weight gainers contains lots of sugars - I would recommend if u stick to those options that are less sugary and have more carbohydrates that comes from whole wheat sources like rice, potatoes, quinoa.
Optimum Nutrition has a nice gainer- Pro Complex. Very good product.

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
I don't mind gaining the extra fat to be honest, I can shed the fat off in no time, in 30 days I shed 5 lbs, nothing but fat, just by fasting during the day..I'm 135 lbs right now, my goal is to hit 160, of that 20 lbs being bodyfat, eating has become a chore, and I really have a hard time getting in all the calories I need..that's why I switched to mass gainers along with whatever I can manage to eat. I need to start squatting and dead lifting again lol.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Not easy for some.

Weight gainer shakes can come in handy for some folks....
yea I hate when people bash weight gainers all the time..they shouldn't be your main source of cals but they def have their place. I work full time and im a student so i'd be damned if I didnt have my weight gainer!

My vote goes to real gains

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
yea I hate when people bash weight gainers all the time..they shouldn't be your main source of cals but they def have their place. I work full time and im a student so i'd be damned if I didnt have my weight gainer!

My vote goes to real gains
Damn str8.