Ciggarettes effect on test/building muscle

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.92%

Ciggarettes effect on test/building muscle

Alright dudes, yet again another prolly dead horse beating, but I'm curious....been doing a little research on smoking/nicotines effect on test, and still can't find solid info or research to back this up. Obviously smoking is garbage for overall health, but.does it really effect how much muscle you can build? I have a coworker who's MASSIVE, and smokes a pack a day, and says he has his whole time through bodybuilding and still continues to make incredible progress. I also know.other folks who are extremely.diciplined in training and diet who can't gain any mass, and I believe its cause smoking hinders this. Opinions?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.18%

I'm not a doctor, and so can only state my personal beliefs.

First, there's a ton of "broscience" out there about how everything under the sun "reduces testosterone". So, I would take it with a grain of salt.

Smoking isn't healthy, but I can't see it actually hindering lean mass gain in the presence of a suitable diet and training regimen. My guess is those people you know who smoke and can't gain mass have much larger issues with their training than their smoking.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.84%

I know I've read studies on nicotine improving fatloss so... Not good in general though since the neg's out weight the bene's.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

few interesting things and perspective im going to bring up.... 1)i have ulcerative colitis (like chrons disease) and there is a direct link to remission of a"flare up" and nicotine as a matter of fact when i realized i had UC was a few weeks after i quit smoking i started ****ting blood ( it was miserable).....2)as stated above nicotine improves fatloss and helps to inhibit fat gain, there are a few studies on that...3) last but not least cigarettes are loaded with over 4,000 toxins... your body is going to focus on getting rid of toxins that kill it before it starts to focus on repair of muscle tissue so i would imagine that cigarettes would increase recovery time, and on the fat loss issue cigs kill your appetite so you may not get all your meals in if your smoking a pack or so a day, then again you may it depends on the person i guess.....when i smoked i noticed my squats and deadlifts suffered because of shortness of breath, im not the only person to complain about that while smoking cigs in my gym either
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

He's gonna be sooooo buff doood!
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%

lmaoo
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.92%

Haaaahaaaa wtf
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I don't have time to link the study or search for it right now but I did a paper a while back and it specifically showed a direct correlation to nicotine lowering t
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.92%

Is it a significant amount, or like a minimal effect? Been interested in this subject. I think all the other garbage is what would really kill it
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BigVida
    Is it a significant amount, or like a minimal effect? Been interested in this subject. I think all the other garbage is what would really kill it
    The way I have always looked at it is any amount dropping of what makes men, men, is bad. It wasn't a huge amount but it was enough to make me quit chewing and smoking.
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.33%

Quote Originally Posted by tilldeath View Post
    I know I've read studies on nicotine improving fatloss so... Not good in general though since the neg's out weight the bene's.
    1 Ciggarette won't, but in certain amounts, nicotine works as an appetite suppressant.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pro hormones effect on test.
    By BigAL46 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-13-2012, 09:27 PM
  2. Can you build muscle on Keto?
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 06:28 AM
  3. 1st week Side Effects on Test Enanthate
    By RocketFan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11