Having problems with TKD

Elicegreen

Awards
Hi everyone,
After years of not working out I finally started myself on TKD. I'm very familiar with working out and ketosis, since in the past I used to go on CKD with great results. Almost a couple of month ago I cut all carbs before I even got back to working out. So for a month almost I was technically on a regular keto diet. Getting into ketosis was a piece of cake and so was staying in it. And I was shedding off bf pretty quickly. Then a month ago I started working out and shifted to TKD. Which was my original intention. At first I tried consuming carbs both pre and post w/o. But soon enough decided it wasn't a good idea, when it took me more than 24h to get back into ketosis. So I started consuming only pre o/w carbs, but that didn't work too well. Again it took me more than 24h to get back. Then I cut my carb intake from 10-15g to 10g and started doing hiit the following morning (i mostly work out in the after noon-evening). Still not much luck with getting back into ketosis. Actually it got worse, I don't seem to be able to get back into it at all. Even after 2 days. So now I started on NA-R-ALA. Took 300g post w/o (did it around noon this time). By midnight still no sign of ketosis. Took another 200g and went to bed. In the morning now sign of ketosis still. I just took another 200g but I'm starting to loose hope:(
I keep my workouts to a min. 2-3 per week. My total carb intake on non w/o days is less than 40g and on w/o days almost the same because I make sure to consume even less carbs during the day so I don't go over 40-50g in total.
I'm completely lost. I can't figure out what could be wrong.
I'm stuck at 22.5% b/f and can not make any progress.
My target bf btw is 19-20%. I'm not into competing. Just looking good :p
My w/o are non the less very intensive (6-8 reps)
What could I be doing wrong????

mcdiddy4

mcdiddy4

Awards
How do you measure yourself falling in and out of keto? Have you ever tried a jog after hiit to bring you back into keto?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its my oppinion your going about this wrong.. TKDs are about cycleing your carbs more than maitaining ketosis. dont worry so much about it.. youre probably borderline in keto and as most guys have witnessed a trace of ketones on the piss stick and your good to go. plus youre forgetting one of the more important points here...

you might be burning up all the ketones your produceing for fuel. in wich case you will not piss purple on a stick to save your life. BTW.. this is why i dont do TKDs, give me the CKD any day of the week. id much rather eat carbs over the weekend to the point it makes me sick of them by sunday after noon.. then im ready mentally for the following week.

vassille

Awards
Hi everyone,
After years of not working out I finally started myself on TKD. I'm very familiar with working out and ketosis, since in the past I used to go on CKD with great results. Almost a couple of month ago I cut all carbs before I even got back to working out. So for a month almost I was technically on a regular keto diet. Getting into ketosis was a piece of cake and so was staying in it. And I was shedding off bf pretty quickly. Then a month ago I started working out and shifted to TKD. Which was my original intention. At first I tried consuming carbs both pre and post w/o. But soon enough decided it wasn't a good idea, when it took me more than 24h to get back into ketosis. So I started consuming only pre o/w carbs, but that didn't work too well. Again it took me more than 24h to get back. Then I cut my carb intake from 10-15g to 10g and started doing hiit the following morning (i mostly work out in the after noon-evening). Still not much luck with getting back into ketosis. Actually it got worse, I don't seem to be able to get back into it at all. Even after 2 days. So now I started on NA-R-ALA. Took 300g post w/o (did it around noon this time). By midnight still no sign of ketosis. Took another 200g and went to bed. In the morning now sign of ketosis still. I just took another 200g but I'm starting to loose hope:(
I keep my workouts to a min. 2-3 per week. My total carb intake on non w/o days is less than 40g and on w/o days almost the same because I make sure to consume even less carbs during the day so I don't go over 40-50g in total.
I'm completely lost. I can't figure out what could be wrong.
I'm stuck at 22.5% b/f and can not make any progress.
My target bf btw is 19-20%. I'm not into competing. Just looking good :p
My w/o are non the less very intensive (6-8 reps)
What could I be doing wrong????
EAT MORE FAT! ;)

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Because of all my past postings at MMA forums, I initially thought TKD was Tae Kwon Do and that you were having a problem with it. Just goes to show, I'm Pavlov's Dog, or something.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Same as above. Let me run on empty all week then enjoy my football games on Sunday.

Consider reading Lyle McDonalds book on Keto

Bella600

Bella600

Awards
How much protein are you taking in? I'm pretty sure you should keep it around 1 per lb of LBM as protein produces glucose, too.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established

NoLimitz

Awards
When doing keto, carb sources should be -20-30, Mostly all from Veggies

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i recomend 60% fat 30%+/- pro and fill in the rest with olives lol

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
i recomend 60% fat 30%+/- pro and fill in the rest with olives lol
Curious to your reasoning behind olives - unless that was a joke

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes and no on the joke part.. olives happen to be a decent source of healthy fats.. trace carbs and some fiber.

so eating lots of olives after u reach ketosis is no joke.. its a good idea. but i was jokeing due to the macro % s i tossed up you would kill your self trying to reach the remaining carb count via olives.