Six meals every three hours a scam?

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.31%

Old thread but interesting to read everybody's point of view.
    I think that everybody is concentrated on the diets but the one thing missing is how these diets impact hormons.
    Many diets fail because too many people IMO do not pay attention to what the food does to the hormons.

For example:
    Let's take fat. Fat has a neutral rating when it comes to insulin secrection by the body.
    Protein has a mild affinity to increase insulin in comparisson to glucose.
    Glucose needs the most insulin to be digested.
    With this being said, when someone decides to follow a certain diet the way his/hers hormones act to certain foods should be the major decission factor in how that diet will be set up.
    If I know that im sensitive to carbs, and I get fat easily i wouldnt follow a high carb low fat way of eating.
    On the other hand, if health issues prohibits ppl to eat fat then try a low fat, high carb diet with lots of fiber thrown in there.
    Same goes with protien. I've seen ppl eating mostly protein and hardly anything else. We dont really need a ton of protein to keep muscle mass.

With all this being said, it makes more sense to think of goals in terms of how the hormones are impacted rather than eating calories as a number that we just made up. I can say with some certainty that resting methabolic rate is not dictated by how many meals one eats a day but by what a person eats and how that food impacts hormones.
    Calories in and calories out is a myth, however the law of thermodynamics will apply every time.
    For example;
    If I take 100cal of fructose, 100cal of sucrose, and 100cal glucose all these once in the body do not get broken down the same way. So this is where the confusion arise that eating X number of calories may not accomplish the intended goal since different hormones are activated perhaps not the ones we intend by eating this 3 different foods in this case.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.17%

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Old thread but interesting to read everybody's point of view.
    I think that everybody is concentrated on the diets but the one thing missing is how these diets impact hormons.
    Many diets fail because too many people IMO do not pay attention to what the food does to the hormons.

For example:
    Let's take fat. Fat has a neutral rating when it comes to insulin secrection by the body.
    Protein has a mild affinity to increase insulin in comparisson to glucose.
    Glucose needs the most insulin to be digested.
    With this being said, when someone decides to follow a certain diet the way his/hers hormones act to certain foods should be the major decission factor in how that diet will be set up.
    If I know that im sensitive to carbs, and I get fat easily i wouldnt follow a high carb low fat way of eating.
    On the other hand, if health issues prohibits ppl to eat fat then try a low fat, high carb diet with lots of fiber thrown in there.
    Same goes with protien. I've seen ppl eating mostly protein and hardly anything else. We dont really need a ton of protein to keep muscle mass.

With all this being said, it makes more sense to think of goals in terms of how the hormones are impacted rather than eating calories as a number that we just made up. I can say with some certainty that resting methabolic rate is not dictated by how many meals one eats a day but by what a person eats and how that food impacts hormones.
    Calories in and calories out is a myth, however the law of thermodynamics will apply every time.
    For example;
    If I take 100cal of fructose, 100cal of sucrose, and 100cal glucose all these once in the body do not get broken down the same way. So this is where the confusion arise that eating X number of calories may not accomplish the intended goal since different hormones are activated perhaps not the ones we intend by eating this 3 different foods in this case.
    The reason most diets fail (I assume you mean can't lose weight) is that most people eat too damn much.

No one has invented a magic pill that breaks the laws of thermodynamics.

How many people do you know that say they diet but can't lose weight actually track what they put in their pie hole? Darn few if any. And I'll betcha if they tracked what they ate, they would find that they ate too damn much.

Whacked said it best. It's all garbage. Do whatever works for you, 2 meals a day, 3, 5, 6, whatever. No time to search, but I think a study linked off the main page a few days/weeks ago debunked meal frequency for weight loss. I tried IF for a day, didn't like it, but mainly because I had to cram all this food late at night and starve myself during the day. Made the routine of eating too much of a chore.

Search main page for "Reasons Your Diet Isn't Adding Mass"

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:39 PM
  2. Real World Situation: Eating Every 3 Hours...?
    By Insidious1 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 11:03 PM
  3. Every 3 hours, seriously?
    By TheCrownedOne in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 03:45 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 05:43 PM
  5. A "meal" every 2-3 hrs?
    By lvtrojan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3