recovering from overtraining

67nova

Awards
Getting ready for my first full week off from any type of exercise for a week,then start light cardio(morning fasted?)2nd week and progressing to 3rd week of tire flips,car push type.

Im 36 and by the diffenition of my abs about 7 1/2 to 8%bf weighting 171lb was 166 with very low b/f so gained some muscle and fat only on my sides/lower stomach(cortisol?)seems i actually got alittle more difined while gaining fat???Anyway never in 5yrs had a week of not doing any exercise,needing some help with how i should eat(cals) during this week got a good idea about 2-3rd week.

Any advice would be awesome as i really dont want to gain anymore fat but mainly lose the muscle/strengh that i gained and got me in this state of how i feel.I got to many signs of overtraining to not be it only been bleesed with not getting sick/hurt more then i have.

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Instead of taking the week off, why don't you deload.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
As long as you keep your calories at maintenance level you won't lose any strength or mass over a one week time span. No need to really worry about it. You'll definitely want to keep the carbs down since you won't be as active as you're used to being if you want to stay as lean as you are.

67nova

Awards
As long as you keep your calories at maintenance level you won't lose any strength or mass over a one week time span. No need to really worry about it. You'll definitely want to keep the carbs down since you won't be as active as you're used to being if you want to stay as lean as you are.
I kinda figured that on the carbs i got a old sheet(meal planner)that has around 210g pro,130g cho,85g of fat which is coming in around 2300cals.
My traininer said to get around 2500 with no exercise and 3000 once i start back up.,

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I didn't listen to my body and suffered majorly from overtraining. It was painful. I'm into my sixth week out of the gym with no exercise at all an eating above maintenance and whilst I have lost muscle, its not nearly as much as I thought and surprisingly I've not added any fat.

Don't be afraid to take more than a week off, if you need it. Most likely you will not lose any muscle nor add any fat.

67nova

Awards
I didn't listen to my body and suffered majorly from overtraining. It was painful. I'm into my sixth week out of the gym with no exercise at all an eating above maintenance and whilst I have lost muscle, its not nearly as much as I thought and surprisingly I've not added any fat.

Don't be afraid to take more than a week off, if you need it. Most likely you will not lose any muscle nor add any fat.
Im taking actually a month off,this week here is i'll be doing no exercise at all,2nd light cardio,3-4 tire-flips,pulls/drags,tosses ect.. like a cross training type program which i have yet to prepare.I'd really like to talk to you more about your symptoms,and how your days went after training.

67nova

Awards
Hope/pray i got this right,i was when training eating roughly 200 pro,400cho,130fat and recovery days "during"training micro i was down to 200pro,265cho,125fat which comes to 3700 for training and 2900 for recovery days.

I know im recovering but with the level of fatigue i've been having really dont think carbs are doing anything for me,so i came up with a 210pro,130-150cho,and 75-90fat at 2350+cals for this week.

Does this seem good to mybe lean out alittle and keep muscle/strength?All foods are clean(i know what clean eating is)been doing it for years with last 3 weeks adding a cheat meal in still not going over by much on macros for a mental break(i tried everything not to fully overtrain)any input/advice on this would be great.Thanks in the mean time