Did macros on myfitness pal, protein WAY higher than I thought...

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
I tracked everything on myfitnesspal just now, I am reverse dieting from competition & working up to maintenance cals. I aim for 180c/77f/325p (I don't count fiber for my macros), and according to MFP I am getting in 172/83/423

I am getting in an extra 52g protein from vegetable sources. Since these are incomplete sources of protein, should I still count them to my macros or should I decrease my complete sources to get my protein count down in my range?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kind of veggie sources are you getting the proteins from? Leafy veggies or legumes?

Normally I don't count protein from vegetables like lettuces and broccoli (legumes are ok), but I would still consider the calories.

I don't know if that answered your question.

You're pretty high on the protein regardless of which method you chose to use, so if you're not on AAS you could scale down the protein and/or scale up a different macro.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
What kind of veggie sources are you getting the proteins from? Leafy veggies or legumes?

Normally I don't count protein from vegetables like lettuces and broccoli (legumes are ok), but I would still consider the calories.

I don't know if that answered your question.

You're pretty high on the protein regardless of which method you chose to use, so if you're not on AAS you could scale down the protein and/or scale up a different macro.
From leafy greens. I think I am going to go down about 75g in protein and increase carbs and fat the equivalent amount

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't count the veggies as protein as that can get pretty confusing. I count my meats and nuts as protein and veggies in a different category. I would keep it seperate because it can stress you out if you don't. Good luck to you bro