What is your post/intra training nutrition like?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Some drink water, intra-aids, Gatorade type drinks during the work out.
Post some eat a meal, some slam back protein, other takes a carb protein post recovery shake then a meal.... Some people pay attention to strict timing.
Looking for different views on what you guys do and what gave best gains for you?

-Thx

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Pre workout i usually have a bowl of oats with a banana (1hr before) just to give me the energy during.
I drink about 500ml gatorade during about halfway through when im getting depleted just to push some glucose back into my muscles.

On days that I do cardio, i drink a litre of gatorade every hour or so to limit the amount of BCAA's my body uses for energy. also eat a lot of Carbs pre-exercise (excess unused protein makes you pee heaps).

Post, im not into meal timing so much anymore, I still get something in, maybe an Up&Go energize just for the carbs. Kinda helps that tired feeling post exercise.

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
Pre- shake and kale
Intra- water
Post- shake and mixed berries

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Pre- shake and kale
Intra- water
Post- shake and mixed berries
Yeah water and gatorade seems good intra.
I've been toying with after max post w/o....

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I do water or Gatorade intra. Been toying with mBCAA before but haven't decided if that's how I wanna do it. Then i put down a Carb and protein shake down. Normally high calories. While I cook dinner.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
I train in the morning fasted.
I am a big believer in whole natural foods.
My post workout meal consists of plain Greek yogurt mixed with 2 tablespoons of raw honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, a cup of strawberries and a medium banana, all mixed together, along with green tea and a teaspoon of creatine.
I'm thinking about adding beta alanine, the science and anecdotal feedback seems very solid.
Peace

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pre- .5 scoops carb source - right now its GlycoMyx with 2 scoops Humapro
Intra- Aminos and Beta Alanine and a tad bit of carbs
Post- Same as Pre

XGabrielEdgeX

Awards
Intresting.. I have always wondered if you needed A carb source with your protein shake. I've just been doing 2 scoops of protein. Do you count that towards your micro/cal needs.?

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Intresting.. I have always wondered if you needed A carb source with your protein shake. I've just been doing 2 scoops of protein. Do you count that towards your micro/cal needs.?
I do. But I don't feel that you need a Carb source.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Most protein powders have a mix of protein and carbs either way...
Absorption may be better.
Also think of pump products with carbs & water.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You definitely dont HAVE to have carbs with your protein powder.

I do yes as days i dont train i dont have that pre intra and post shake.

XGabrielEdgeX

Awards
You definitely dont HAVE to have carbs with your protein powder.

I do yes as days i dont train i dont have that pre intra and post shake.
I usually don't count my post workout supplementation to my cals. I used to take 2 scoops of protein + 30g of simple carbs then have a meal 1-1.5 hours later but then after hearing about not needing carbs post workout, I cut it out I took 2 scoops of protein and just a meal 1-1.5 hours later but unsure what I should do now lol

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pre-big meal usually 50-100g pro, 100 or so carbs, 20-40g fats
intra-15g bcaa
post-same as pre

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually don't count my post workout supplementation to my cals. I used to take 2 scoops of protein + 30g of simple carbs then have a meal 1-1.5 hours later but then after hearing about not needing carbs post workout, I cut it out I took 2 scoops of protein and just a meal 1-1.5 hours later but unsure what I should do now lol
Its all about experimentation and finding what works for you.

For the longest time i did a keto diet. No carbs post workout and i did just fine outside if the horrible cramps.

Now days though i have carbs pre intra and post and then depending on how many meals ive had during the day i have another meal with carbs 90 minutes after or i will have 4 whole eggs.

With the carbs in my diet i feel stronger, fuller, more pumped and my recovery is better so i stick with that.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
i workout 530am monday through friday
3am 2 scoops protein 2 scoops waxy maize or maltodextrin
snooze
5am pre workout rightnow its focus xt with agmatine and cit mal
intra 10-20 grams bcaa
730ish 3 servings oatmeal, 1 banana or 1 cup blueberries, 4 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 scoop protein powder

having good results with this schedule started early am workout about a month ago and this seems to work the best for me

mytreefiddy

mytreefiddy

Awards
Pre- 10 tabs HumaPro
Intra- 2 scoops ChainD Out
Post- 2 scoops Humapro w/1 scoop ChainD Reaction (dinner an hour later)

Love this combo....but not sure whether to take 2 scoops CR post...if it's even necessary

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
pre-muscle marinade, sns cit mal, sns cop, sns bulk luecine
intra-various aminos, currently amino x mixed with body mortar or vpx NO-synthesize
post-sns luecine, iforce beta alanine, 10g amino x, 1 hour later shake with slinshot

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
pre-muscle marinade, sns cit mal, sns cop, sns bulk luecine
intra-various aminos, currently amino x mixed with body mortar or vpx NO-synthesize
post-sns luecine, iforce beta alanine, 10g amino x, 1 hour later shake with slinshot
How many g of SNS cit mal?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
cit mal has been extremely beneficial and the pumps are better than agmatine

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

ToNNNNyT

Awards
90-120mins before workout: Pre workout meal
20 mins before workout : 5g BCAA
During workout: 1+ litre of water
10mins post workout: 10g BCAA
40mins post workout: Turkey,greek yoghurt and rice

FASTED TRAINING:
10g BCAA's 1 hour before workout
12g of BCAA's and 3g EAA's during the workout
10mins post workout: 10g BCAAs
30-40 mins post workout: Turkey and rice.

latenight6194

Awards
Apple and preworkout before workout, Scoop and a half of protein immediately after workout, high protein meal about an hour after workout, consisting usually of a very large chicken breast, a greek yogurt, a baked potato, and mixed vegetables

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Pre quick oats&applesauce. Intra some sizeon. Post 2 scoops ON glycomaize and 1 to 2 scoops protein

omahaeight

Awards
pre - preworkout and BCAAs
intra - water
post - shake with dextrose