Opinions on Intake

Erihis

Awards
I'm currently trying to lean up a bit. I'm six feet tall, weigh around 182 and workout almost everyday.
I'm in the Army and do cardio with that at least three times a week, if not more, and do regular lifting 5-6 days a week. I've been lifting for a little over a year now and have been off and on with a good diet.

Most recently I've been steady on these meals:

oBreakfast- Three hard boiled eggs, three turkey sausage links, banana, small bowl of cottage cheese and a glass of milk.
oLunch- Protein shake with a banana or a pack of tuna (150cal, 35g protein, 0g carbs, barely more than 1g fat)
oDinner- Either chicken or fish (usually with some spices to avoid using sauces), some sort of vegetable(s) and glass of milk. Or I'll make a smoothie with mixed berries, banana, milk, protein, Greek yogurt and peanut butter.

I know getting leaner takes time, and I have seen minor results, but I'd like to know anyone's opinion as to whether I should stick with what I'm doing or switch it up.

Thanks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many calories is that? It looks like you need to be eating a lot more unless you want to be skinny-fat.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
You need to monitor things. Stick to what you're doing and take note of how much you lose in a given time frame (let's say 30 days)
then take it from there.
Don't change things, and most important don't change more than one thing at the time or
is gonna be hard to tell what's doin' what
You said it, body recomp takes time

Erihis

Awards
Rodja- I'm not skinny fat, just trying to drop bf%

AutoKal- Thanks, appreciate the input.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Rodja- I'm not skinny fat, just trying to drop bf%

AutoKal- Thanks, appreciate the input.
Reading comprehension brother. He didn't say you were skinny fat, he said you should consider increasing calorie intake unless you want to be skinny fat.

Also what unit are you with where you run 3x a week. We run 4-5x a week here and if its 4 its because we are Ruck marching.

Erihis

Awards
I'm in the 82nd. We run every day but Tuesdays and Thursdays usually consist of core and upper body strengthening too so it's not much of a run.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I'm in the 82nd. We run every day but Tuesdays and Thursdays usually consist of core and upper body strengthening too so it's not much of a run.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you aren't infantry then cuz I'm in 2 BCT and we run daily.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Track calories
Track macros

I use fitday, but others exist. Until you have an idea of how many calories you're eating and what macros make up those calories it is going to be hard to give advice on changes.

Erihis

Awards
Geoforce- I just got fitday. Trying to remember to use it regularly.

And Jim2542, I am infantry, but in 3BCTs Cav unit.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Geoforce- I just got fitday. Trying to remember to use it regularly.

And Jim2542, I am infantry, but in 3BCTs Cav unit.
I have a buddy in 3rd. He says they play basketball fro pt. He's in a light infantry unit. I'm mounted and we never do anything remotely related to fun. Just run. Daily.

Erihis

Awards
I don't know of anyone who plays basketball over here. What BN is he in?

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I don't know of anyone who plays basketball over here. What BN is he in?
Not sure. Its been awhile since we talked. I think he deployed...last I knew he was up for deployment.