Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So, heres the thing, most fish oil capsules where I am have 1500mg of fish oil per capsule and cost around $15NZD. However for the same price I can get a bottle of flaxseed oil that has 7600mg (Omega 3) per tablespoon.

Im assuming flaxseed is more cost effective? Or is there something in fish oil capusles have that flaxseed does not?

broons

Awards
  • Established
I may be wrong but off the top of my head I believe flax seed is mostly ALA which the body has a difficult time converting into EPA/DHA?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I may be wrong but off the top of my head I believe flax seed is mostly ALA which the body has a difficult time converting into EPA/DHA?
Ah yeah, that is true. Time to go buy some fish oil

zeroshens

Awards
Animal omega is a nice blend of efa's but it is a little more pricey. U shud be covered with fish oil + food.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, ive always had a stash of Fish oil. Was at the gym and some guy gets out a container of flaxseed oil and says he uses it instead of fish oil. So I thought I'd ask if he was onto something.

But as broons said, its mostly ALA and has like a <5% conversion rate or something to EPA/DHA