About to Attempt to Nail Down First CKD

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    It just depends on what your macros are.
    Hard to keep insulin low eating that many carbs regardless of the macros. And the important factor is that growth hormon is not realeased in the presence of insulin which is huge.

2. Quote Originally Posted by vassille

Hard to keep insulin low eating that many carbs regardless of the macros. And the important factor is that growth hormon is not realeased in the presence of insulin which is huge.
    IIRC, GH peaks at exercise and sleep. Insulin is anabolic if you know how to keep it in check. Referring back to my previous post of my macros, I don't go that big unless I'm cycling, and that's 1 day out of 7. My average is 75-150 depending on the day. People seem to think carbs are the enemy and make you fat if you go over a certain percentage or what not. That's not the case, it's the type of carbs and the scheduling of when you eat them.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    IIRC, GH peaks at exercise and sleep. Insulin is anabolic if you know how to keep it in check. Referring back to my previous post of my macros, I don't go that big unless I'm cycling, and that's 1 day out of 7. My average is 75-150 depending on the day. People seem to think carbs are the enemy and make you fat if you go over a certain percentage or what not. That's not the case, it's the type of carbs and the scheduling of when you eat them.
    Gh is released throughout the day and night and yes a bigger shot you get at night. The catch is that when there is insulin there is no gh is just the way it works and it's a fact. To eat 400g of carbs a day it takes a lot of time to digest so you loose all the gh release since your body breaks down carbs.
    Now I understand what you trying to say that you can time the carbs and stuff fine as long as you dont eat too many and do not eat them throughout the day because it defeats the purpose. Carbs are used for one purpose, energy. Yes insulin is anabolic so it's testosterone BUT GH is even better...it sheds fat, is also anabolic and encourges the production of IGF which can multiply muscle cells. Now Pros try to do both use insulin for the anabolic effect and GH for muscle cell multiplication. Now I hope you understand my point. If you dont take all those drugs stick with low carbs you will get fat eventually if you try to imitate those guys. This carb cycling stuff comes from them because of their insulin use.
    I can assure you im on a low carb diet and I get muscle growth and great pumps without a lot of insulin release. So spiking insulin because you think is anabolic will get you nowhere but get you fat unless your glycogen is low and you just replenishing that otherwise all extra glucose will become fat...your body cant get rid of it any other way unless you exercise continuously till all the energy is used up from those carbs.
    Carbs are not the enemy I eat them too not for anabolic affect necessarely but to replace glycogen so I dont need a ton of them to accomplish that. I know when to eat them so it has minimal effect on my gh release.

4. Lol i dont think you got my point but, i admire your detailed report and im glad you know how to use carbs to your advantage.

5. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    You are not ignorant lol
    i think many ppl make more than should be made of carbs and it gets confusing after a while. Been doing this for 20 years im amazed how ppl try to sort of reinvent the wheel again and again.
    THere is no such thing as carb cycling this is not a steroid cycle. Eat more carbs to replenish glycogen when need it but not enough to spill over and turn into fat.Eat less carbs when you dont need them on your day off but repleace calories with calories from fat. One meal a week eat whatever to keep your head straight and reset your thyroid.

If you eat low carbs then you need to get energy from somewhere...so you get it from fat. Protein is not a good source of energy.
    With that being said you are looking at a low carb/high fat diet/med protein. That's it my friend.
    Everything else is window dressing.

If you have more specific questions ask but the overall idea is as described above and it works.
    Some of the best advice I've seen on here... Repd
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Lol i dont think you got my point but, i admire your detailed report and im glad you know how to use carbs to your advantage.
    lol I prob didnt..but we can all learn from one another

7. Quote Originally Posted by jpblann View Post
    Some of the best advice I've seen on here... Repd
    Thanks!
    Nice pic of Arnold he was def the man

8. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    lol I prob didnt..but we can all learn from one another
    For sure, we all have our .02
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 11:21 PM