Warrior diet ok for 16 year old?

  1. New Member
    bigintensions's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    19
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    70532
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    95.28%

    Warrior diet ok for 16 year old?


    I've been thinking about trying the warrior diet for a recomp/slight cut. I was just wondering if the fasting would be ok for me since I am still developing, I dont know if fasting has an effect on that or not so just wondering. I am also 5'8 180-185 lb, about 13-15 % bodyfat.

  2. Advanced Member
    broda's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    750
    Rep Power
    24702
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    76.08%

    You'll be fine bro. Go for it! As long as you get your calories in for the day it's perfectly fine.
  3. Banned
    Trank406's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%

    You've got to be able to work out a lot with this programs and the program suggest you only eat organic food! I would try a different routine or just lift light-moderate weight with high reps like 13 to 15 reps you should be able to have no problem cutting and you are still developing. The warrior diet is fine I guess if you are already fit but I don't know. It's whatever your body can handle personally!
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bigintensions's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    19
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    70532
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    95.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by Trank406
    You've got to be able to work out a lot with this programs and the program suggest you only eat organic food! I would try a different routine or just lift light-moderate weight with high reps like 13 to 15 reps you should be able to have no problem cutting and you are still developing. The warrior diet is fine I guess if you are already fit but I don't know. It's whatever your body can handle personally!
    Thanks for the info. Yes I am already fit, I have been training for 4 years now. My stats are 240 bench, 350 squat, 400 dead lift. And I was planning on mostly eating organic foods. Even with that do you still think it is a bad idea?
  5. New Member
    tjwoody's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    50.31%

    damn ur only 16?! nice!

    my sons almost 14 and just starting out with lifting last week with me.

    do u rem how u started at his age? i have him just getting comfortable with the gym for now and doing some cardio while i teach him some basics.
  6. New Member
    bigintensions's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    19
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    70532
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    95.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by tjwoody
    damn ur only 16?! nice!

    my sons almost 14 and just starting out with lifting last week with me.

    do u rem how u started at his age? i have him just getting comfortable with the gym for now and doing some cardio while i teach him some basics.
    Thanks man. I started getting really serious at about 14. I had a 4 day split that I used back then, and it is still pretty much what I use now. I start each workout with a compound lift.
    On the compound lifts I do a four different sets and reps 3-3, 5-5, 5-5/4/3/2/1, 3-10/8/6. I go in that order week by week, and when you get to week 5 you start over and try to beat what you did last time. It is very important to keep a log, so you can remember what weight you did the last time, and it is also cool to look back on a few years later. on auxiliary lifts I usually use 3-8, just depends on what it is
    Hear is an example.
    Day 1: dead lift day with back and biceps
    Dead lift 3-3
    Then 3 back exercises such as
    Kroc rows (my favorite)
    Barbell rows
    Pull ups
    Tbar rows etc
    Then 2-3 bicep exercises
    My favorites are barbell curl, hammer,
    And concentration
    Day 2: clean and jerk with shoulders and traps
    Clean and jerk 3-3
    3 shoulder exercises
    Like barbell shoulder press, dumbbell
    Press, laterals, plate raises, etc
    3 trap exercises
    Like barbell shrugs, dumbbell shrugs,
    High pulls, overhead shrugs
    Day 3: off
    Day 4: flat bench with chest and tris
    Flat bench 3-3
    3 chest exercises
    Such as incline press, decline press,
    Weighted dips, flys, cable crossovers
    3 tricep exercises
    Close grip bench, skull crushers, rope
    Pull downs, kickbacks, ect
    Day 5: squat with legs
    Squat 3-3
    Then things like extensions, curls, lunges,
    Leg press, ect
    Then calves: block calf raises, donkey
    Calf raise, calf raise on leg press, etc.
    I do 3 diff. Angles for calves, facing
    Straight, out, in.
    Day 6: off
    Day 7: repeat, or off if needed

    I do random cardio on somedays, but I get most of it from baseball practice. You can also work abs dirrectly on one of those days as well if you want. Good luck, and remember form always comes first.
  7. Banned
    Trank406's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    156
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    19.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    Thanks man. I started getting really serious at about 14. I had a 4 day split that I used back then, and it is still pretty much what I use now. I start each workout with a compound lift.
    On the compound lifts I do a four different sets and reps 3-3, 5-5, 5-5/4/3/2/1, 3-10/8/6. I go in that order week by week, and when you get to week 5 you start over and try to beat what you did last time. It is very important to keep a log, so you can remember what weight you did the last time, and it is also cool to look back on a few years later. on auxiliary lifts I usually use 3-8, just depends on what it is
    Hear is an example.
    Day 1: dead lift day with back and biceps
    Dead lift 3-3
    Then 3 back exercises such as
    Kroc rows (my favorite)
    Barbell rows
    Pull ups
    Tbar rows etc
    Then 2-3 bicep exercises
    My favorites are barbell curl, hammer,
    And concentration
    Day 2: clean and jerk with shoulders and traps
    Clean and jerk 3-3
    3 shoulder exercises
    Like barbell shoulder press, dumbbell
    Press, laterals, plate raises, etc
    3 trap exercises
    Like barbell shrugs, dumbbell shrugs,
    High pulls, overhead shrugs
    Day 3: off
    Day 4: flat bench with chest and tris
    Flat bench 3-3
    3 chest exercises
    Such as incline press, decline press,
    Weighted dips, flys, cable crossovers
    3 tricep exercises
    Close grip bench, skull crushers, rope
    Pull downs, kickbacks, ect
    Day 5: squat with legs
    Squat 3-3
    Then things like extensions, curls, lunges,
    Leg press, ect
    Then calves: block calf raises, donkey
    Calf raise, calf raise on leg press, etc.
    I do 3 diff. Angles for calves, facing
    Straight, out, in.
    Day 6: off
    Day 7: repeat, or off if needed

    I do random cardio on somedays, but I get most of it from baseball practice. You can also work abs dirrectly on one of those days as well if you want. Good luck, and remember form always comes first.
    Damn keep the hard work brother! Stay on your game I am sure you'll have no problem with the warrior diet! Let us know if you do start it and update us I am sure we'll wanna hear about the results! Good luck man!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Warrior Diet
    By Sunny in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM
  2. The Warrior Diet - Can it WorK?
    By Timius in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 10:15 AM
  3. Diet For the Weekend Warrior
    By SureShot in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in