muscle and if?

pastorcgc

Awards
I have found a lot of info on if and weightloss. I would like to hear from those that actualy put muscle on with this diet. How u took ur sups. And how u trained wich if program u used and how strict u where about it. Thanks to anyone willing to share.

pastorcgc

Awards
I'm glad I asked. I'll stick to the norm six meals a day.

tjwoody

Awards
im new to this and not bulking on it but as far as supps say vitamins and fish oils I take with food. So i do the same thing with them I do with my intake, condense it into my eating window. Some supps that want empty stomach though it works better cause I know my stomach is empty.

Theres a long thread on IF/leangains too you may want to check out in this subforum.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could care less if I added muscle, but my strength numbers went up. My training template is Westside and the main supplement that I used was fish oil.

pastorcgc

Awards
I thought more people may have had good experience with this but it doesn't sound like it.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Just came off a 6 week hdrol run while using leangains talk about an epic recomp. The great thing about IF is how easy it is to follow without stressing about" has it been 2 or 3 hours? Sh*t i have to eat" i have some before and afters but i currently dont have a computer i just use my phone

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To op: its going to be just like any other diet man. If you eat and train to bulk, you'll bulk and gain weight. I believe the leangains website has a bulking diet plan laid out. I think its something like maintenance off days and +35% on lifting days. I know for a fact you will gain strength on IF because I personally have been doing the recomp protocol for around 2 months now and my lifts have increased a pretty good amount since I started. If you eat to grow you'll grow.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought more people may have had good experience with this but it doesn't sound like it.
people not responding to a thread with a vague title doesn't equal people not having good experience. Also, don't hear anyone saying they had a poor experience with it either...

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
You can gain weight just fine on IF. I've personally done it before, it all comes down to eating more calories than you burn and you will gain weight. Couple that with sound exercise and progressive overload and out build muscle. Its just a matter of convenience with the timing of your meals.

pastorcgc

Awards
Thanks guys! Reading the science behind it is good and all but nothing beats hearing real testimonials

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why? No one has said one bad thing.

people not responding to a thread with a vague title doesn't equal people not having good experience. Also, don't hear anyone saying they had a poor experience with it either...
Precisely!

Thanks guys! Reading the science behind it is good and all but nothing beats hearing real testimonials
Go read the Lean Gains & IF Information thread. The reason not too many responses is because there is an entire community of us here and we almost all post in that thread as if it were our own IF forum. Couple thousand posts of information testimonials and multiple types of intermittent fasting. You will find answers to just about any IF based question you can come up with in there and it is well worth the read.

That being said I just went from 207 to 209 in 8 weeks here are the pics of that transformation. Not a bulk by any means but I gained a decent amount of muscle while leaning up dramatically. You want weight gain or muscle gain that is the question? I gained 2 scale pounds but more lbm considering my body fat changes.

pastorcgc

Awards
Dude that's awesome! Great progress! Thanks for sharing that. That says a lot.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just started this diet a few days ago. My coworkers think I'm crazy. "Are you eating... AGAIN???" LOL hell yes I am! Kind of fun actually. I was worried that I would start getting hungry before I got off work (my feed window is 5pm-1am) and I don't get off work until 7:30am but I didn't have any problems with it. Besides if I do feel hunger pains I have a ton of water at my disposal to drink and trick my stomach. Woke up, not hungry, worked out, felt good, and ate like a beast afterwards. I'm digging it so far!