Peanut butter

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Some good non-bro-logic posts here
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Exactly what I was thinking......
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Search for "power butter"...32 grams
    of protein per 4 tablespoon serving. AND it's even disguisting
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Serious question: Anyone else eat 1/2 jar w/o eating blinking? Once I figure out half the jar is gone I usually feel bad but I could polish off a jar EASY!

I avoid pnut for this reason: zero control
    On a cheatmeal I downed a whole jar of natural peanut butter, a whole loaf of ezekiel bread and didn't hold back on the fat free milk either...I did that after 6 months of cutting and not a single cheat meal...No regrets there seriously lol
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

At 138 lbs, shouldn't every meal be a cheat meal?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    At 138 lbs, shouldn't every meal be a cheat meal?
    lol
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

http://books.google.co.nz/books?hl=e...stores&f=false

http://www.leangains.com/

http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Meal%20Frequency

http://books.google.co.nz/books?hl=e...growth&f=false

See studies post 2010 on meal frequency and timing for what i am talking about.

Most studies focus on pre-exercise meal timing in order to get nutrients to the body when you need them the most and most of these studies are based on endurance athletes in which meal timing is important (try running a marathon while fasted).
    when it comes to muscle hypertrophy, meal timing is not important. Otherwise LeanGains style diets would not work. It used to be thought that not eating within set time frames would mean that muscles would be catabolized for nutrients and fuel during fasted periods, however this isnt quite the case. If you are placing continuous and repetitive stress on muscles week after week, the muscles must grow to adapt to the stress (hence why we grow), when insuffiecient stress is placed on muscles consistantly, the body no longer needs the added muscle and it begins to atrophy. The body wont catabolize muscle for fuel (or at least very minimally) if the body thinks it needs it.

consider an astronaut. On earth, the body needs the skeleton to hold up muscles due to the acceleration of gravity and the stress of the weight of muscles on the skeleton. In space where there is no gravity, there is no longer any need for a sturdy skeleton as there is no external stress placed on the body. Therefore the body begins (and rapidly so) deminerizing the skeleton (remving calcium) as we simply have no ned for it. to combat this, astronuats continually place stress on the skeleton to prevent it demineralizing.

Meal timing simply ensures the body is adequatly fuelled for the next bout of exercise and ensures it has enough raw materials to repair and grow. Whether you get that in 30 mins after exercise or 3 hours has little effect over the end result
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.
    Answers

DITTO

Everyone tries to subscribe to a popular mindset and one-size-fits-all mentality (I HAVE DONE THE SAME) and I have found it just doesnt work.

I have bought into and wasted my time on so much BS over the years

For me???
    PWO carbs is BS
    HIGH protein is BS (Im 220, I eat ~200 grams)
    Protein shakes suck
    Carbs make me FAT
    Fasted Training makes me feel like a million bucks
    Stims are over-rated for fat loss
    Many training methods are flat out RETARDED

Thats all for now
    Agreed completely! Especially with the protein intake. I usually only take in anywhere from 130-150g of protein @ 170 while recomping and I'm maintaining my weight while losing fat on IF. Also fasting training is great since your energy levels are higher than compared eating pre-workout and having your body trying to digest everything while working out which I feel like hinders me. I hate how people think that if you train fasted you'll be burning straight muscle since they think you're catabolic if you don't have protein intake for 3 hours.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz
    http://books.google.co.nz/books?hl=e...stores&f=false

http://www.leangains.com/

http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Meal%20Frequency

http://books.google.co.nz/books?hl=e...growth&f=false

See studies post 2010 on meal frequency and timing for what i am talking about.

Most studies focus on pre-exercise meal timing in order to get nutrients to the body when you need them the most and most of these studies are based on endurance athletes in which meal timing is important (try running a marathon while fasted).
    when it comes to muscle hypertrophy, meal timing is not important. Otherwise LeanGains style diets would not work. It used to be thought that not eating within set time frames would mean that muscles would be catabolized for nutrients and fuel during fasted periods, however this isnt quite the case. If you are placing continuous and repetitive stress on muscles week after week, the muscles must grow to adapt to the stress (hence why we grow), when insuffiecient stress is placed on muscles consistantly, the body no longer needs the added muscle and it begins to atrophy. The body wont catabolize muscle for fuel (or at least very minimally) if the body thinks it needs the fuel.

consider an astronaut. On earth, the body needs the skeleton to hold up muscles due to the acceleration of gravity and the stress of the weight of muscles on the skeleton. In gravity where there is no gravity, there is no longer any need for a sturdy skeleton as there is no external stress placed on the body. Therefore the body begins (and rapidly so) deminerizing the skeleton (remving calcium) as we simply have no ned for it. to combat this, astronuats continually place stress on the skeleton to prevent it demineralizing.

Meal timing simply ensures the body is adequatly fuelled for the next bout of exercise and ensures it has enough raw materials to repair and grow. Whether you get that in 30 mins after exercise or 3 hours has little effect over the end result
    Schmiddle dee..... Protocols change every year or so.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Schmiddle dee..... Protocols change every year or so.
    Not so. Many recent studies now focus entirely on muscular hypertrophy specifically, whereas before they were based almost entirely on endurance athletes and the protocols were thought to be similar and so the principles were used interchangably.

Im not saying what you do is wrong, if that works for you and your getting your macros in then your doing everything im arguing for. All im saying is that you eat when you want to eat and what works best for you as long as total macro needs are met, you will contiune to grow.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

Not so. Many recent studies now focus entirely on muscular hypertrophy specifically, whereas before they were based almost entirely on endurance athletes and the protocols were thought to be similar and so the principles were used interchangably.

Im not saying what you do is wrong, if that works for you and your getting your macros in then your doing everything im arguing for. All im saying is that you eat when you want to eat and what works best for you as long as total macro needs are met, you will contiune to grow.
    Well said
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    Is throwing pb in your post workout shake a bad idea?
    No. Adding fat to your diet regardless when is always a good idea.
    And....contrary to popular belief fat doesnt make you fat either.
    Is prob better for you to eat some protein and fat post workout rather than carbs and protein.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 11:26 PM