Cutting diet review?

Baddog671

Awards
I'm currently 24 years old, 6', and about 215lbs. I've been bulking pretty much for the last 3 years without any structured meal planning, but I have general knowledge on good foods, cals/macros, etc etc. I'm somewhere in the upper teens in BF%, I've never been calipered. Posted some pics on another forum and was told everything between 15% and 20%.

I've done 2 ph cycles, one with boldione and recently another with h-drol. Looking to start my diet natty while i'm on my downtime, and then start a cycle and probably drop the calories a little bit more. I have about 7 bottles of Furuza on hand that I plan on using up, and might pick up a bottle of Epi if I don't like the results by like week 5...

Just wanted to post my proposed diet and see what you all think. All suggestions are appreciated :)

#1, Morning Shake

2.5 cup skim milk- 225, 0/30/20
1/4 cup dry oatmeal- 75, 2/14/3
1 med. banana, 118g- 105, 0/27/1
2 scoop egg protein- 212, 0/0/48
10 ml olive oil- 80, 10/0/0

2g fish oil, multivitamin, 1g milkthistle, 3 pill Liv. 52- 30, 2/2/0

727, 14/73/72

#2, Lunch Sandwich

2 slice whole wheat- 220, 3/40/10
4 slice cheese- 320, 24/6/24
.5 oz pepperoni- 69, 6/0/3
1 can tuna- 100, 2/1/20
15 ml fat free italian dressing- 7, 0/2/0
5 ml crushed red pepper, 5 ml celery seed, 2.5 ml dill seed, 2.5 ml seasame seed- 34, 2/3/1

750, 37/52/58

#3, Post-Workout Snacks

6 oz. greek yogurt- 140, 0/20/14
2 oz. walnuts- 370, 36/8/8
1 cup skim milk- 90, 0/12/8
1 scoop whey- 110, 1/2/24

2g fish oil, multivitamin, 1g milkthistle, 3 pill Liv. 52- 30, 2/2/0

740, 39/44/54

#4, Dinner

8 oz. beef tips- 307, 12/0/48
1 oz. spinach leaves- 6, 0/1/1
10ml olive oil- 80, 10/0/0
1 lemon dressing- 12, 0/4/0
8 oz. 4% cottage cheese- 220, 10/10/26

Gal water w/ crystal light-40, 0/0/0

665, 32/15/75

Fat: 122/ 21.6%
Carb: 184/ 32.6%
Pro: 259/ 45.8%

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Looks very good actually. I'd recommend a high carb, low fat refeed once per week to keep glycogen in check. Or simply reduce the volume of your training split. I'm also not seeing a whole lot of veggies. It is critical that you get your micronutrients, especially during cutting phases.

P094743

Awards
For a cutting phase at your size these numbers look like a good starting point. I would highly recommend splitting that over 6 meals as opposed to 4, which looks a bit difficult to do in regard to your food choices. Eating every 3-4 hours is key to burning fat. Breakfast and post workout meals should be largest caloriewise. Great job of reducing carbs in last meal btw.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
how did you like the boldione?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For a cutting phase at your size these numbers look like a good starting point. I would highly recommend splitting that over 6 meals as opposed to 4, which looks a bit difficult to do in regard to your food choices. Eating every 3-4 hours is key to burning fat. Breakfast and post workout meals should be largest caloriewise. Great job of reducing carbs in last meal btw.
Actually no, meal frequency will have no effect on fat burning. Also, a high calorie meal pre-bed will have no affect on fat loss in the face of 24 hour energy balance.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Actually no, meal frequency will have no effect on fat burning. Also, a high calorie meal pre-bed will have no affect on fat loss in the face of 24 hour energy balance.
Common misconceptions...

f1ghter33

Awards
it looks good !!!

P094743

Awards
I still say eat 6 times a day, or even 5, if the goal is to cut AND keep as much muscle in tact as possible. Now if the goal is just to "lose weight", go right ahead with this strategy. Should work for a little while.......

uvawahoowa

Awards
I still say eat 6 times a day, or even 5, if the goal is to cut AND keep as much muscle in tact as possible. Now if the goal is just to "lose weight", go right ahead with this strategy. Should work for a little while.......
So what you're saying is intermittent fasting doesn't work?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do yourself a favor and revisit the literature on protein digestion rates. Availability of amino acids is not an issue, and furthermore, it is again the NET anabolism:catabolism that determines whether muscle is spared.

P094743

Awards
Ok, I think the thread started with a guy stating that any tips were appreciated. Just sharing with him what has been a successful strategy for me and a few others. I am sorry mr cooper, i was completely unaware that you were the smartest guy in the room....or that you dislike frequent meals.

And i cannot knock intermittent fasting as i have never tried it.

I also understand that it is unfair as i have no avatar for which you to see, while i have been able to view yours. I have taken the liberty to attach 3 pics out of fairness. 1 is someone i coach for nutrition and workout, the other 2 are myself.

conroe 2011 076-2-1-1-1.jpg

2011-09-13 21.08.53-1.jpg

2012-03-02 19.02.10-1.jpg

This is where i put my $$$ where my mouth is...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Ok, I think the thread started with a guy stating that any tips were appreciated. Just sharing with him what has been a successful strategy for me and a few others. I am sorry mr cooper, i was completely unaware that you were the smartest guy in the room....or that you dislike frequent meals.

And i cannot knock intermittent fasting as i have never tried it.

I also understand that it is unfair as i have no avatar for which you to see, while i have been able to view yours. I have taken the liberty to attach 3 pics out of fairness. 1 is someone i coach for nutrition and workout, the other 2 are myself.

This is where i put my $$$ where my mouth is...
He is the smartest guy in the room...and has a more built body haha, but even more than that...he has had far more time and patience some other people in this forum would have had to put up with someone like you...if you have it all figured out like your retarded post says so (this one I mean) with that snide comment where you put your money where your mouth is , how about you put it where your or your trainees anus is :), you do not know everything , and following bro-science with the idea of being completely right about it without taking positive input from coop will only land you hate in this forum...Now that said :) Red suits you better...

Morale of the story: You never know everything, and the will and humbleness to always keep learning from greater minds (Like Coops and Royds) is key to being part of this community and of bodybuilding...so take a chill pill, coop has a better physique and brains without PH/DS...try to put your money or arguments up for that c0cky prick.

D3Baseball

Awards
ITT a guy confuses genetics and his ability to meet macros for science.

Hey man...my physique got better right as I started masturbating for the first time.

Jack it for teh gainz!!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Post 15 is epic.

Celorza is a truly positive individual because a post that ignorant warrants no response.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where'd that guy's tattoos go in pic 3?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Post 15 is epic.

Celorza is a truly positive individual because a post that ignorant warrants no response.
You know I don't like someone posting stuff like that...specially with no real arguments and specially if they are liking the will to learn. We are here to learn from all, and to listen to the knowledge they present us so we can all grow together...not to try and be mr-i'm-so-cool-and-ripped...

TM92

Awards
He is the smartest guy in the room...and has a more built body haha, but even more than that...he has had far more time and patience some other people in this forum would have had to put up with someone like you...if you have it all figured out like your retarded post says so (this one I mean) with that snide comment where you put your money where your mouth is , how about you put it where your or your trainees anus is :), you do not know everything , and following bro-science with the idea of being completely right about it without taking positive input from coop will only land you hate in this forum...Now that said :) Red suits you better...

Morale of the story: You never know everything, and the will and humbleness to always keep learning from greater minds (Like Coops and Royds) is key to being part of this community and of bodybuilding...so take a chill pill, coop has a better physique and brains without PH/DS...try to put your money or arguments up for that c0cky prick.
How is it you totally take the comment/suggestion into a whole different direction. the guy was only offering an stating what has worked for him an others. Did he say to follow the routine? No, I don't think so. So maybe you an coop can lay off each other nuts for a second an keep in mind this was all in effort for advice for the guy who was "appreciated with any advice" given for this thread. Not the fact you an coop may have gone through 20 diff cycles to just look like a soccer player just to start blasting users. The guy posted the pics to prove as a result as to OBVIOUSLY he's suggestion of what works does dues to "the proof" yet instead you bash him cuz he made his case. Not cuz he "knows it all" there is NO PERFECT physique/answers when it comes to this lifestyle. Whether it be BB or nutrition.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
trolls