Healthy taco salad

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Scrounging around the kitchen I didn't have much but I had some taco stuff, some vegetables and some ground turkey and some a box of broken whole grain shells.

So:
Whole grain taco shells
Ground turkey
Romaine lettuce
Chopped onions
Tomato
Salsa
Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. (Kroger brand plain makes the best substitute actually tastes much better that way)

That's what i had. ****ing great
Could have used cylantro and avacado

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds awesome, you should've splurged and bought some avacado. I love me some guacamole.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Next time I'll go pick it up, this was just what I had laying around the house.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Sounds delicious! I do something similar with shredded chicken tenderloins but I never tried the greek yogurt as a sour cream substitute.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
It's slightly different tasting but not by far at all. Once mixed in with salsa and the rest on a taco you wouldn't notice unless someone told ya.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Definitely gonna try it out. I always have plenty of plain greek yogurt on hand.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Definitely gonna try it out. I always have plenty of plain greek yogurt on hand.
The kroger brand is my favorite choice. Depending where you live Kroger is Frys but still has Kroger products. Their Greek yogurt has higher protein content (as labeled) and is much cheaper then the other brands.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I live by NYC and haven't heard of Krogers or Frys but I'll definitely look into. I'm always searching for ones with higher Pro and lower sugar. ATM I use ***e (pronounced Fah-yeh) and it has a slightly better profile than chobani's plain gy.

omahaeight

Awards
same thing with shredded rotisserie chicken would be good too

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
everything can use cliantro and avacodo IMO :)