Jack Links Jerky

pumped4evr

Awards
Ok, so I USE TO grab a jack links jerky every now and then for a protein snack. No more! Twice I have bought one and have found mold on it. Not expired and not already opened. I've eaten a lot of their products over the years. The first time I saw the mold before I started eating it and just threw it out and thought it was a fluke. A week ago I'm chowing down and half way through I notice "hm.... This tastes kinda funny" I ate half of the package and between the two pieces was thick nasty mold.. I felt nauseas all day after. I wrote jack links a letter and told them all the info, exp date, sku number, production number.... All that.. Also told them I use their product a lot and this is the second time I've seen mold.. They sent me a envelope to send the jerky to them and I did....

I got a response today in email and they said sorry about the poor quality and they are sending me a coupon for one free jerky.... Wow!!!! One free jerky!? Big ***** deal!! I'm done with the Sasquatch! Gr!!!!! F@ckers!!!

MedicMikey

Awards
Im not sure about your state, but around Michigan there are treasure troves of jerky outlets. Jack Links is disgusting period, but small business products are where its at. Delicious!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check for mold before you purchase. Some convenience stores are notorious for selling out dated or old products. I know you said your product wasn't expired but I'd still look anyway. I try to steer clear of convenience stores.

scw538

scw538

Awards
It must be common for jerky to get moldy. I ate half a bag one day before I noticed.

scw538

scw538

Awards
Bad thing is I didn't notice until I offered another person some

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
Ok mother ****er lol. I also grab one from time to time for some extra protein. The other day I was eating one on the way home...first piece was fine...I was eating the second piece and half way through it tasted like complete ****! Almost threw up, **** jack links!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I'll purchase some this Sunday. I usually just get the original sticks, less carbs and if I purchased the bag I would eat the whole thing.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Get the natural kind at least. The nitrates in that crap are terrible for you. I usually order online I don't think posting links is allowed but the flavor options and the quality is unmatched.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Are sure its just not all the salt they add to it?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
<----raises hand

i've made venison, buffalo, elk, caribou, oh yeah...and beef :)
Agreed the Buffalo one i've made myself...god thats heaven right there broski!

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
My uncle makes deer jerky I had it a few times taste great

omahaeight

Awards
Check with a butcher shop... found one here that makes their own jerky. Fresher and cheaper because you're not paying for packaging.