How much cholesterol is too much?

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I know that cholesterol can boost testosterone and you shouldnt avoid it completely, but how much is too much?

Some days I am getting close to 1200mg/day and I know the recommended amount the nutrition pyramid people say is less than 300mg/day. Am I eating too much cholesterol?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There isn't a high correlation between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol, but, IMO, cholesterol is an area that is overly stressed and misunderstood.

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
There isn't a high correlation between dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol, but, IMO, cholesterol is an area that is overly stressed and misunderstood.
Do you feel it should be limited to a certain amount at all or should I just quit worrying about it?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you feel it should be limited to a certain amount at all or should I just quit worrying about it?
I guess it would really depends on the source. I usually eat 10-12 whole eggs per day, which is over 1500mg of cholesterol from eggs alone. Is it the healthiest thing to do? I honestly don't know.

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I guess it would really depends on the source. I usually eat 10-12 whole eggs per day, which is over 1500mg of cholesterol from eggs alone. Is it the healthiest thing to do? I honestly don't know.
The source is eggs for the most part.