Good or bad nutrition for bulking?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    People get fat on carbs because they eat way over their maintanence cals. It is easy to overeat carbs + fat combined. Combine this with lack of exercise...
    This.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    People get fat on carbs because they eat way over their maintanence cals. It is easy to overeat carbs + fat combined. Combine this with lack of exercise...
    Then what in your opinion is a balanced or ideal diet?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    I dont know about that...that doesnt explain why on this western diets of high carbs low fats most ppl are fat. You might be a case where your methabolic rate your body burns calories is very high. Most ppl are not like you. You lucky
    It's a complex mix of portions, sedentary lifestyle, and GE foods. That and the chronic inflammatory state that these foods promote.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's a complex mix of portions, sedentary lifestyle, and GE foods. That and the chronic inflammatory state that these foods promote.
    This, if you exercise regularly and eat a high protein diet with a minimal surplus in calories you should gain fairly clean unless you have some screwy carb tolerances. Some people feel better low carb high fat and some moderate fat low carb. Main thing IMO is high protein and a surplus or deficit depending on goals.

5. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Then what in your opinion is a balanced or ideal diet?
    I don't claim to have the answers for what constitutes the best diet for every person. It really comes down to trial and error. I have tried low carb and high fat and I did not like it at all. I eat probably 50% of my calories from carbs and I feel good at that level. All I am saying is carbohydrates themselves can not be blamed for obesity in America, it is all the macronutrients, even protein is overeaten in sedentary individuals. Does a male who sits on the couch all day need 200 grams of protein? Of course not, he is probably overeating all macronutrients, not just carbs. It is not uncommon for one meal at burger king to have close to 100 grams of fat in one sitting, either.
    •   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulking? Try P-Bold from Taurus Nutrition
    By TAURUS NUTRI in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
  2. Nutrition Plan for Bulking on PH Cycle
    By kjunkie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
  3. ZMA good for bulking?