Help with preworkout meal while cutting.

survey

Awards
So I'm having a bit of trouble finding a good preworkout meal to keep me going througout my workout. I'm open to most ideas except one's involving preworkout supplements. What works for you?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Exercise fasted like a beast. If u lift early enough. Otherwise ny favorite is a shake comprised of the following

-1/3 scoop vanilla protein.
-2 cups skim milk
-half cup of oatmeal grounded into dust

= about 350-400 calories. Not too bad for first meal of day

Btw the protein is more for flavor than protein needs

vassille

Awards
So I'm having a bit of trouble finding a good preworkout meal to keep me going througout my workout. I'm open to most ideas except one's involving preworkout supplements. What works for you?
well, what exactely are you doing right now that doesnt work for you?

survey

Awards
well, what exactely are you doing right now that doesnt work for you?
I've tried high complex carbs 1hr 30mins prior and high protein with glucose rich foods 1hr 30mins prior. I've also tried caffeine, creatine, and l glutamine.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you want a high carb meal to get you through your workout I like the good ole PB and J sandwich with a drizzle of Agave Nectar

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
If yur not hypoglycemic training fasted is te ****.. Never thought I could lift hard and heavy on an empty stomach but my workouts are just as intense. Try it.. Use bcaa's pre and post

vassille

Awards
I've tried high complex carbs 1hr 30mins prior and high protein with glucose rich foods 1hr 30mins prior. I've also tried caffeine, creatine, and l glutamine.
how much though ...what's the ratio of carbs protein fat?
How do you feel during workout?

Nate007

Awards
If you want a high carb meal to get you through your workout I like the good ole PB and J sandwich with a drizzle of Agave Nectar
I like a little variation of this. I don't like to eat a lot pre workout so more like a snack. But I do a 100% whole wheat mini bagel with pb spread on both sides. Tastes great and has a little of everything, carbs, fats, protein.

survey

Awards
how much though ...what's the ratio of carbs protein fat?
How do you feel during workout?
Normally 40/40/20, but I've experimented with several different things. I feel weak, sleepy, drained. etc. etc. I'm getting plenty of sleep and I'm not overtrained. My strength levels are good, but man do I feel tired when I lift.

vassille

Awards
Normally 40/40/20, but I've experimented with several different things. I feel weak, sleepy, drained. etc. etc. I'm getting plenty of sleep and I'm not overtrained. My strength levels are good, but man do I feel tired when I lift.
everybody is different but you could try this:
30 min before workout...50g oats with 4-6 whole egg omlet. You have complex carbs, protein and fat.
During the workout sip on a mix of 2 scoops of protein with 2 servings of vanilla rice drink for example.
By doing it like this you constantly supplying your body with nutritious foods.
Since you will be consuming a protein shake during workout no need to have another one after workout.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are cutting, I would get some protein and unprocessed coconut oil since you are probably low carb anyways. That will give you more energy anyways without the insulin spike, save the carbs for post and pop some ECA with creatine before. Less complicated the better, throw in some BCAAs during and throughout the day, you are golden.