1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bi0hazurd View Post
    In that case my lifts are 380/315/540 which makes my total less than urs by 10lbs huh? And isn't that about how many lbs heavier than me u are? Too bad ur masters isn't good at increasing ur lifts
    Vids of said lifts?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.05%

In conclusion u guys bash my training when really the routines u are doing aren't helping u get much stronger than am. A couple pounds more on ur totals but only in squats. Give me 3-4 weeks and I'll pass that weight too. But not only that I will have increased my endurance, speed, flexibility, explosion, balance. Rodja telling me how knowledgable u are an how u have a masters isn't impressive when Youve clearly been doing this for years and ur older than I am. All of u other guys that are riding rodjas jock seriously need to get ur own POV on things and stop saying the exact same things he says and stop kissing his ass cuz he has a masters and "says" he knows so much. I'm getting off this site it's only for bodybuilders and people that are close minded to routines that they aren't familiar with. Rodja... Deuces. A 19 year old coffee distributor tht doesn't have a masters degree and hasn't studied anything regarding nutrition other than things he's read on the Internet is almost at par with u.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Vids of said lifts?
    As soon as they do another CFFB total I'll post my vids to YouTube and then add the link to this thread.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

In conclusion u guys bash my training when really the routines u are doing aren't helping u get much stronger than am. A couple pounds more on ur totals but only in squats. Give me 3-4 weeks and I'll pass that weight too. But not only that I will have increased my endurance, speed, flexibility, explosion, balance. Rodja telling me how knowledgable u are an how u have a masters isn't impressive when Youve clearly been doing this for years and ur older than I am. All of u other guys that are riding rodjas jock seriously need to get ur own POV on things and stop saying the exact same things he says and stop kissing his ass cuz he has a masters and "says" he knows so much. I'm getting off this site it's only for bodybuilders and people that are close minded to routines that they aren't familiar with. Rodja... Deuces. A 19 year old coffee distributor tht doesn't have a masters degree and hasn't studied anything regarding nutrition other than things he's read on the Internet is almost at par with u.
    I believe this is more accurate:

In conclusion, I'm going to leave because I can't come up with an intelligent rebuttal and don't like to be criticized. I know what I'm doing even though I constantly ask for advice and direction and will argue endlessly with advice that I don't like or take to be a personal attack. My mommy says I'm special and that's all that matters.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.96%

Just because you are extremely knowledgeable about something doesn't mean you have the genetic predisposition to excel at it, nor does it mean you will push the same envelop as others in terms of what it takes to get there.

Do you think Hany Rambod, or Chris Aceto could ever amount to the bodybuilders they prep(Heath, Cutler, Big Ced, etc)? Does it take away from their expertise?

Look at your IDOL Mark Riptoe. Dude looks like a bloated piece of donkey ****, isn't even strong, yet he still knows his stuff and is highly regarded as a strength coach. Go call him out.

Someone like Rodja built a great strength base, and while he might not be pulling elite totals, the fact that he has at least walked the walk, coupled with his knowledge gives him credibility.

As soon as they do another CFFB total I'll post my vids to YouTube and then add the link to this thread.
    Cool. I will keep an eye out for it.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I believe this is more accurate:In conclusion, I'm going to leave because I can't come up with an intelligent rebuttal and don't like to be criticized. I know what I'm doing even though I constantly ask for advice and direction and will argue endlessly with advice that I don't like or take to be a personal attack. My mommy says I'm special and that's all that matters.
    Lol that's funny bro! But u weren't helping me with my question IN ANY WAY u just went out and insulted CF. cool guy
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Lol that's funny bro! But u weren't helping me with my question IN ANY WAY u just went out and insulted CF. cool guy
    Uh, no...my original post was to counter the ignorance about saying you can't gain strength while eating in an IF fashion. The source of the ignorance happened to come from CF and I presented to you my issues with CF and you never answered ANY of them. Instead, you changed the topic and then changed the thread into attacking those that are critical of all CF.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I mean ur obviously ignorant if ur gonna disregard something I've never tried.
    I've never tried heroin or arsenic, I don't need to so as to understand they aren't a great idea.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I've never tried heroin or arsenic, I don't need to so as to understand they aren't a great idea.
    WHAT?!?! You never tried heroin?

Man, you dont know what your missing out on. It is an amazing pre-workout!!!

J/K
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    You dont have to partake in CF in order to know it is a horrible program
    Pretty much this. I don't have to run 800 meters all out, do 40 squat reps as heavy as possible, run 800 more meters and then do high rep oly lifts to tell you that's freaking stupid.
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.24%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Call me when you become hardcore
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Not too familiar with energy systems, are you? The absolute most, and this is really pushing it, that a set of Oly lifts should be is 5 reps. You cannot have proper technique and maximal force production while fatigued.

Another thing, and this is a plague within CF, that makes no sense for CFF is that there is not consideration given to position. A lineman does not have the seem demands as a receiver.

Yes, because those are the main PLs. If I had to guess where my OHP is, I'd say it's minimum 205 and probably closer to 225, but it's an ancillary lift in my training.

135lbs for grace is not very much weight... most lifters can just muscle it up. If you watch Donny Shackle on youtube there is a vid of him doing it for fun after a weightlifting comp of hitting a clean and jerk for like 180kgs. He does grace in 1:47... great by most standards (Cross fitting ones), before this he has had no more than 2 consecutive reps in his 1 yr leading up to the competition. For the oly lifts I rarely go above 3, form freaking goes to hell at more than 5.

On behalf of the OP, Cross Fit Foot Ball is pretty good for a foot ball player. variation of strong lifts/ 531 for 1 exercise a day, and maybe some sled drags/pushes, or something for the day and that's it (Should be run parallel with football practice)
    Not the "Best" but then again the best program for a football player would be one by a smart coach that will be able to work on his player correctly to make sure the athlete reaches his full potential w/o burning out or getting injured.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    135lbs for grace is not very much weight... most lifters can just muscle it up. If you watch Donny Shackle on youtube there is a vid of him doing it for fun after a weightlifting comp of hitting a clean and jerk for like 180kgs. He does grace in 1:47... great by most standards (Cross fitting ones), before this he has had no more than 2 consecutive reps in his 1 yr leading up to the competition. For the oly lifts I rarely go above 3, form freaking goes to hell at more than 5.

On behalf of the OP, Cross Fit Foot Ball is pretty good for a foot ball player. variation of strong lifts/ 531 for 1 exercise a day, and maybe some sled drags/pushes, or something for the day and that's it (Should be run parallel with football practice)
    Not the "Best" but then again the best program for a football player would be one by a smart coach that will be able to work on his player correctly to make sure the athlete reaches his full potential w/o burning out or getting injured.
    OP never mentioned his position as each position has its own individual skill set.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%

Thats my strict shoulder press. I did body weight bench so 210 for 40 reps last Thursday. An I did 315 for 2 a few days before
    Not many ppl list squat/press/deadlift as there is no comp for that.
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.73%

And hold on. That middle number you posted is ur bench? 275? Dude ur routine is sick
    Those numbers are meet numbers. All my in gym numbers are higher as of now. As im not doing a max attempt 3 times on squat, then bench, deadlift in the same day.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.05%

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Not many ppl list squat/press/deadlift as there is no comp for that.
    CFT is squat/press/deadlift
  17. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.24%

Blah, nothing is more annoying than the constant "I can lift more than you therefore my opinion on program X matters more than yours mentality."

Let's leave out logic, science, and rationale and just all do whatever program the strongest person in the world does. Clearly it must be right for everyone. Not directed at anyone, but I hate when threads on exercise science evolve into the e-lifting contest.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

OP eat one of these a day, it'll solve all of your problems!

Name:  party-gummy-bear-26-pounds.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  26.8 KB
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%

CFT is squat/press/deadlift
    And how many CF guys hold world records on those? Oh wait.....none. Believe whatever you want because you've already shown that you have your mind set and only post to look for affirmation instead of criticism. It's much easier to flow with praise than to have a counter to a critique from people with not only more experience, but also more knowledge.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

If you like CrossFit, then continue to do it. If you see gains, then whats the harm? However, (in refercne to the last bolded statement), yes, people who do not study in this field MAY know what they are talking about however after working with many athletes, I am yet to find someone who has a clear understanding of WHY things work the way they do. Nutriton advice will differ with many people on this forum, thats just the way it is, people have differing opinions about what works and what doesnt however the fact is, things work better than other things in certain situations and there is a science about these things.

If you don't like people offering their aducated opinion about something, then don't post it in an exercise science thread. Many of us who have a clear understanding of certain systems in the body, athletic conditioning, nutrition etc. etc. only offer sound advice based on months, if not years of research. I'm not here to have a go, but we are not here to be condesending or think we are better than anyone, however your responses should also be based on science and not on heresay.

Just thought id clear that up.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.67%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz

If you like CrossFit, then continue to do it. If you see gains, then whats the harm? However, (in refercne to the last bolded statement), yes, people who do not study in this field MAY know what they are talking about however after working with many athletes, I am yet to find someone who has a clear understanding of WHY things work the way they do. Nutriton advice will differ with many people on this forum, thats just the way it is, people have differing opinions about what works and what doesnt however the fact is, things work better than other things in certain situations and there is a science about these things.

If you don't like people offering their aducated opinion about something, then don't post it in an exercise science thread. Many of us who have a clear understanding of certain systems in the body, athletic conditioning, nutrition etc. etc. only offer sound advice based on months, if not years of research. I'm not here to have a go, but we are not here to be condesending or think we are better than anyone, however your responses should also be based on science and not on heresay.

Just thought id clear that up.
    Smart man.
    RecoverBro ELITE

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:41 PM
  2. Was given Element's Nutrition Edge. advice?
    By Lvu in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 01:56 AM
  3. Advice on a few good nutrition books
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 09:47 PM
  4. Advice on pre-w/o nutrition & clean bulk
    By Fury20 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 08:55 PM
  5. CYCLE NUTRITION ADVICE...