Anemic anyone?

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
Seems like when it comes to building muscle or burning fat I'm in a world war with my body. I'm starting to look into my medical health to see if anything genetically or health wise can be holding me back... A few things I found out I have was low T and genetic anemia. Low Test seems obvious as far as hindering results but what about being anemic? Anyone have this issue?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
no but its easily remedied with iron supplementation.

CPennington

CPennington

Awards
The main problem youll have with the anemia is a lack of energy, but the majority of the problem is obviously the low T

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
After doing some research , it seems this plays a major role in carrying oxygen and nutrients to the body's tissue.. Seems like it could really affect muscle recovery, endurance, and growth.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yes low iron will result in less oxygen delivery (if substantially low) HOWEVER never self diagnose Iron Deficiency Anemia as over supplementation is dangerous also. P.s. you'll know if something is wrong if you feel like absolute and utter crap. Anemia will decrease RBC size and decrease their colour (as less oxygen can bind).

Flexappeal

Awards
  • Established
Yes low iron will result in less oxygen delivery (if substantially low) HOWEVER never self diagnose Iron Deficiency Anemia as over supplementation is dangerous also. P.s. you'll know if something is wrong if you feel like absolute and utter crap. Anemia will decrease RBC size and decrease their colour (as less oxygen can bind).
I'm diagnosed with genetic anemia.. It has always been mildly low for years, but my last checkup it was more than mildly low. I've been on a rigorous training routine and nutrition plan for 16 weeks now and completed an EPI/Rs-trans cycle with DAA/erase/tamoxifen PCT. 6 weeks ago was end of PCT. Diet and supplementing have been on extreme point! So, I was surprised to see counts lower than normal.... Anyways , I'm full of energy constantly.... However, doctor directed me to take 325mg ferrous sulfate twice daily and retest in 2 months....maybe this issue has been holding me back with progression. My progress has been terribly slow!!