78.21%

Kinda hard to argue with somebody with a BF% like Kals haha

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.41%

I had some of the same problems for years and finally had tests done.Gastritis,ibs,and a touch of diverticulitis.I found that pasta,beans,and potatoes are a killer for me all these years so I gave them up and it did help.I may even go as far as he did and give them all up.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bigez View Post
    I had some of the same problems for years and finally had tests done.Gastritis,ibs,and a touch of diverticulitis.I found that pasta,beans,and potatoes are a killer for me all these years so I gave them up and it did help.I may even go as far as he did and give them all up.
    Those carbs (with the exception of spaghetti) are easy for me to give up. It's the ones in Peppermint patties, snickers, peanut butter cups, skittles, M&M's, Milky Way's, Fun Dip, Kit Kat, Hershey's, that are the toughest on me to go without
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.5%

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Hey man,

actually yes, I've been sitting with 3 docs at the hospital this week,
    2 times, the first time they mostly had no idea, took a coupla days to analyze the whole
    thing and they came out with the theory that simply my body stopped producing the enzyme(s)
    needed to digest carbs.
    Since enzymes are expensive to produce for the body and it would make sense it stopped
    producing sucrase for example, if is not needed.
    The cure would be to try to restore those enzymes, and at the same time to start to slowly reintroduce carbs
    in the diet (which it ain't happening).
    Hey buddy,

Sorry to hear about the badish news, but glad to hear that it seems to be manageable. I'm not a doctor yet, so any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. That said, if you're low not just on sucrase, but on multiple glucosidases (especially amylase), your symptoms sound like a lot like chronic pancreatitis. I know you said that you had a gastroscopy, but If you have insurance or can afford it, I think that getting an ultrasound of your pancreas might not be a bad idea (this might be what you meant by 'echography'). If you have insurance, possibly push for a CT scan, too--those will run you about $2000-$3000, whereas an ultrasound should only be ~$600-$1200, but rumor has it that CT scans are excellent diagnostic tools. If *I* learned that my own amylase levels were acting up, my first course of action would be to find out ASAP whether I had pancreatic cancer or a predisposition thereto. As I say, I'm not giving medical advice—just suggesting a few things that you should bring up to your licensed medical care provider. Also, you might ask about a fasting glucose blood test; these kind of suck, but information about the time profile of your personal glucose metabolism can be useful for managing day-to-day things.

Finally, if this all turns out to be nothing serious, but you want to carb-up from time to time for whatever reason, could you try straight glucose? Again, something to discuss with your qualified medical professional, but I would imagine that glucose tabs, or a glucose drip (if you can acquire one) would bypass most of your digestive concerns. Without more details on your pancreatic enzyme situation, I can't say how glycogen production/storage would go for you, but glucose throughout a workout would accomplish something similar. (Trolls: I know that an over-simplification...IGF-1, etc., etc.. I actually find that question very interesting, so feel free to PM me)

Ok--hope this helps

Stay strong, brother!
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Have you tried a Paleo diet?
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  6. AK DoubleWide 47
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by adamcj1 View Post
    Hey buddy,

Sorry to hear about the badish news, but glad to hear that it seems to be manageable. I'm not a doctor yet, so any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. That said, if you're low not just on sucrase, but on multiple glucosidases (especially amylase), your symptoms sound like a lot like chronic pancreatitis. I know you said that you had a gastroscopy, but If you have insurance or can afford it, I think that getting an ultrasound of your pancreas might not be a bad idea (this might be what you meant by 'echography'). If you have insurance, possibly push for a CT scan, too--those will run you about $2000-$3000, whereas an ultrasound should only be ~$600-$1200, but rumor has it that CT scans are excellent diagnostic tools. If *I* learned that my own amylase levels were acting up, my first course of action would be to find out ASAP whether I had pancreatic cancer or a predisposition thereto. As I say, I'm not giving medical advice—just suggesting a few things that you should bring up to your licensed medical care provider. Also, you might ask about a fasting glucose blood test; these kind of suck, but information about the time profile of your personal glucose metabolism can be useful for managing day-to-day things.

Finally, if this all turns out to be nothing serious, but you want to carb-up from time to time for whatever reason, could you try straight glucose? Again, something to discuss with your qualified medical professional, but I would imagine that glucose tabs, or a glucose drip (if you can acquire one) would bypass most of your digestive concerns. Without more details on your pancreatic enzyme situation, I can't say how glycogen production/storage would go for you, but glucose throughout a workout would accomplish something similar. (Trolls: I know that an over-simplification...IGF-1, etc., etc.. I actually find that question very interesting, so feel free to PM me)

Ok--hope this helps

Stay strong, brother!
    Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated.
    Right now I do not miss carbs at all, actually, three weeks without carbing up and I'm feeling great,
    and - oh well - I look better ahah
    sc#ew carbs

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Have you tried a Paleo diet?
    Nope, I'm not planning on changing my diet at all anytime soon, I made that mistake
    in past, ain't happening again. I found my sweet spot, I really don't miss anything food wise
    but for the most part food for me is just a tool to achieve what I want from my body.
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

Similar Forum Threads

1. Complex carbs supps vs simple carbs after workout ?
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
  4. Refined Carbs Leads to Fat not total carbs
    By ironviking in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:08 AM