Any tips on how to quit Coffee/Caffeine?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I think coffee is fine as long as you just drink it black

2. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    I think coffee is fine as long as you just drink it black
    Agreed! It's got a lot of good stuf in it
    •   

3. Lots and lots of water and grapes. Quit smoking and red bull years ago with that method. If you're not smoking, I don't know how much the grapes will help, but they're certainly a deterrent if you smoke.

Also, Ginger and lemon tea is very helpful for this. Ginger improves your digestion (which coffee and esp. energy drinks can impair) and lemon assists in cleansing the liver. I use this stuff called Lemon Ginger Herb Plus Probiotics, made by Bigelow. I used to buy it from my grocery store, but they stopped carrying it so now I have to order it from the big boys (vitacost, luckyvitamin, etc.), who I seriously dislike, but the tea is legitimately that good.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Elit3 View Post
    This is a sticking point for me in my attempt to improve my health. Years ago I was able to lay off the stuff with litle problem, now I can't seem to perform without it. When I was able to stop it for a period, I noticed better overall health, but my performance at work took a huge hit. I have adrenal dysfunction and I feel like I am in a catch 22 situation because of it. I also seem to have a problem with my dopamine receptors as well and so things like n-acetyl-tyrosine, mucuna/l-dopa, don't work.

Any suggestion on what worked for some of you coffee/energy drinkers out there?
    Cold turkey. If you're really going to quit, just do it. Going to have to deal with withdrawl but it's the only way to quit without starting back up again. I suggest making sure you have something else that can replace it for a long while. When I quit smoking 12 years ago, I started chewing Big Red because it burned.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Cold turkey. If you're really going to quit, just do it. Going to have to deal with withdrawl but it's the only way to quit without starting back up again. I suggest making sure you have something else that can replace it for a long while. When I quit smoking 12 years ago, I started chewing Big Red because it burned.
    Do not quit it cold turkey. You run the risk of developing an anxiety disorder like me. Refer to earlier post. Slowly decrease it.

Smoking is one thing, coffee is a completely different subject.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Do not quit it cold turkey. You run the risk of developing an anxiety disorder like me. Refer to earlier post. Slowly decrease it.

Smoking is one thing, coffee is a completely different subject.
    To each his own...
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.

7. Lot's of good suggestions here. I was not familiar with Revamp, so thanks to all the people who brought it up! I think I may need to order some to help me recover from all the stim usage this semester
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 08:49 PM
  2. 200mg caffeine +2.5mg yohimbine vs 300mg caffeine
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM
  3. Can I quit PCT now?
    By MF210 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 08:11 AM