Does anyone live in Delaware and knows the medical cannabis laws?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I want to move out to a state, which is atleast decently progun and has medical cannabis. Does anyone know if I am likely, who is there anyone I can contact, that would tell me if I could apply for medical cannabis in Delaware for bipolar, adhd, or a social anxiety? And yes, cannabis helps me enough, it's worth moving for. Delaware is close, close enough to still come and visit my family and it would be the easiest medical state to move to, because it's so close to MD.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
Why, why are you posting this in the nutrition section?

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Okay
So you are willing to move to a state simply because it is "pro-gun" and allows you to smoke weed. Not even concerned about job prospects, quality of life, etc.
I'm almost worried to give you advice

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Okay
So you are willing to move to a state simply because it is "pro-gun" and allows you to smoke weed. Not even concerned about job prospects, quality of life, etc.
I'm almost worried to give you advice
Well, I'm worried about that too. I am from MD, so you can see why I'd want to move out of state. Nothing is set in stone, but Delaware is close. Really if I had a choice to chose any state it would be New Hampshire.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm worried about that too. I am from MD, so you can see why I'd want to move out of state. Nothing is set in stone, but Delaware is close. Really if I had a choice to chose any state it would be New Hampshire.

No I don't understand why you want to move. Why is Maryland so bad?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
No I don't understand why you want to move. Why is Maryland so bad?
It is so anti-gun and our governor's solution to everything is to add more and more taxes. The people here are dumb enough to vote in a democrat, just because of their party. Delaware might not be the ideal place, but it would be a step up atleast. I'd liek to move to a state that has more independents, like New Hampshire or Minnesota some place like that.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Move to a Red state then. I don't think New Hampshire is where you want to go....
Oh. . .snap--Red States tend to have the most restrictive cannabis laws!
Republicans tend not to get along with pot heads.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
AZ- It is like the wild west. Guns, Fireworks, Medical MJ.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Oh. . .snap--Red States tend to have the most restrictive cannabis laws!
Republicans tend not to get along with pot heads.
Notice I said states with a lot of independents.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
The political scientist in me forces me to ask:
how--exactly--do you define independent? Is is someone who always agrees with you?
As an independent (statistically equal voting for Republican and Democratic candidates) who is against medical marijuana but is "pro-gun" (whatever you think that means), I am not sure that I fit your picture of "independent"

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
The political scientist in me forces me to ask:
how--exactly--do you define independent? Is is someone who always agrees with you?
As an independent (statistically equal voting for Republican and Democratic candidates) who is against medical marijuana but is "pro-gun" (whatever you think that means), I am not sure that I fit your picture of "independent"
A state with more people registered as independents or who are more willing to vote for someone who is not on a democrat or republican ticket, or who lean more towards constitutional candidates.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
A state with more people registered as independents or who are more willing to vote for someone who is not on a democrat or republican ticket, or who lean more towards constitutional candidates.
Ahhh. . .
I got the place for you then: Utopia.
Might have to as Thomas More for the directions, but you might be better served by looking to a translation from the original latin (Utopia = "nowhere")

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hows the weather? I don't handle the heat very well.
It's hot for 4 months a year but it's hot as hell in MD and DE those same months. Except it's humid as **** out there and you feel like a sticky, sweaty, piece of ****. Lol

The rest of the year you can't really ask for much better.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
to answer your question to the best of my abilities, I don't know exact laws and processes in Delaware however in Colorado where I'm at it's pretty simple. A regular doc can't prescribe Medical Marijuana you have to go to a specialized practice. To find these just go into any dispensary and ask them for a referral. Then go plead your case and get your script. Once you have this you apply for your medical license with the state and pay your fee. After that they give you some temp paperwork until your medical card arrives so you can fill your script in the mean time. We have an amendment on the ballot this year, I think (64), that would make marijuana legal 21+ under a .oz and treated like alcohol Washington does as well. If these pass I can see states following suit so it may be worth it for you to just wait it out, but seems like you're pretty decided. Hope this helps. Any questions I'll try to answer.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
to answer your question to the best of my abilities, I don't know exact laws and processes in Delaware however in Colorado where I'm at it's pretty simple. A regular doc can't prescribe Medical Marijuana you have to go to a specialized practice. To find these just go into any dispensary and ask them for a referral. Then go plead your case and get your script. Once you have this you apply for your medical license with the state and pay your fee. After that they give you some temp paperwork until your medical card arrives so you can fill your script in the mean time. We have an amendment on the ballot this year, I think (64), that would make marijuana legal 21+ under a .oz and treated like alcohol Washington does as well. If these pass I can see states following suit so it may be worth it for you to just wait it out, but seems like you're pretty decided. Hope this helps. Any questions I'll try to answer.
Ok cool thanks for the info man.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I lived in colorado for 9 years. many many people smoke weed there. my buddy recently got a medical marijuana card for cluster headaches. they have plenty of dispensaries too.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I lived in colorado for 9 years. many many people smoke weed there. my buddy recently got a medical marijuana card for cluster headaches. they have plenty of dispensaries too.
Interesting. How are the gun laws?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. How are the gun laws?
I don't know. I didn't start going to shooting ranges till i moved away. I'm not sure what kind of laws you're thinking about. I'm not a hunter, and i don't think about carrying a concealed weapon.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
gun laws are pretty laxed. We have conceal carry, and you can keep a loaded gun in your car since it is an extension of your home. Also you can buy and sell guns privately. Any other questions on guns in colorado let me know.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
gun laws are pretty laxed. We have conceal carry, and you can keep a loaded gun in your car since it is an extension of your home. Also you can buy and sell guns privately. Any other questions on guns in colorado let me know.
Well Colorado may be out, according to the state website I went to, Bipolar and anxiety were not approved for a qualifying condition.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Well Colorado may be out, according to the state website I went to, Bipolar and anxiety were not approved for a qualifying condition.
that maybe true, but it doesn't mean you don't get wicked headaches that you could use to classify yourself. Also my buddy owns a dispensary and I know the docs he refers will give it to you no questions asked. Honestly I have traveled a ton, I was born in Colorado and will never leave. Its a great place to live.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
that maybe true, but it doesn't mean you don't get wicked headaches that you could use to classify yourself. Also my buddy owns a dispensary and I know the docs he refers will give it to you no questions asked. Honestly I have traveled a ton, I was born in Colorado and will never leave. Its a great place to live.
Alright cool and thanks. I have always been interested in Colorado to be honest, never been but I heard it's beautiful.