Cooking beef on stove....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So I've been using my foreman grill for the absolute longest to grill my beef patties....
I want to try them on the stove top.
Thought I'd ask what should I use in than pan for a cooking solution? I hear a lot of people using olive oil, but I'm open to suggestions....

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
For me...

I just use the fat that melts off the patty. Olive oil is too messy with all the pops and splatters.

When I'm done with the beef I fry eggs in the fat as well.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
For me...

I just use the fat that melts off the patty. Olive oil is too messy with all the pops and splatters.

When I'm done with the beef I fry eggs in the fat as well.
^^ this

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

aceroni

Awards
I prefer that grilled taste myself man.. I don't really enjoy stovetop patties.. But i usually just throw a tiny bit of butter in there for flavor and before the beef fat melts down

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. Pan fried = Too Greasy for my taste.

Anyone try the Foremean with removable plates? Easy to clean?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Agreed. Pan fried = Too Greasy for my taste.

Anyone try the Foremean with removable plates? Easy to clean?
Very easy to clean.
That's how I cook most my meat now.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice ;)

goodfella

Awards
Frozen patties on the stove are a staple for me. Just throw em in the pan with a bit of non-stick spray and cover. 10 minutes on med-high. Set it...and forget it!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use the broiler.

nodoughnut

Awards
Buy yourself a slow cooker, aka a crock pot. A small one isn't that expensive. Use shoulder london broil if cutting because it's lean, or chuck roast if bulking, as it's more fatty. Cook a 2 or 3 pound slab overnight for 10 hours. Cook it in water and spices like garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, cumin, soy sauce. I experiment and change it around everytime. Also, if not dieting, throw in a few tbs of whole wheat flour and brown sugar. It makes for an incredible sauce. I actually use my protein shake hand mixer to blend this concoction. I never use canned beef broth or bouillion cubes. My way comes out so much tastier.

The reason I recommend cooking overnight is because you need a full 10 hours to really cook and break down the meat to where it's as soft as ground meat and pulls apart easily. I found that if I cook it during the day, I'm usually getting hungry and not waiting long enough for the proper cooking time.

In the morning, divide it up in your tupperware and you have several meals of great beef. I don't recommend cooking veggies or making stews in the slow cooker. It all just becomes a mish mash and you can't really gauge how much protein you're getting. Also, as BB'ers we cook food for a few days at a time. After a few days, the veggies and/or potatoes cooked in the meat get a funky taste, but meat cooked alone has lasted me 5 days and still tasted fresh.

It sounds like a hassle but it's not. Once you're all set up and have done it a few times, it's really easy and it's great. I also use my slow cooker for chicken and turkey breasts.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sooooooooo hungry now !

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha! yeah right!