Trying to maintain weight

dbgonzo24

dbgonzo24

Awards
I'm currently trying to maintain my weight while also being concious of my fat and carb intake. I'm using oxyelite to cut for the warm weather along with vasotropin and a lower calorie protein shake. Is there any way I can maintain weight without eating bad?

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Find out your maintenance calories and stick to it.
It's all about calories in and calories out (burned in exercise).

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
so you're trying to maintain weight while you cut?

w4rf4r3

Awards
Sounds like he's aiming to recomp. Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you trying to stay in the 160lb range? Find a BMR calc, maybe even a couple, plug in the necessary data, average the maintenance cals from each one and try to abide. Your best bet is to enlist in an online calorie calculator/food log until you can get a confident feel for what calorie totals you'll get from your everyday meals.

This is my favorite one: http :// www .caloriecount. about. com
(Sorry about the spaces, no rep points for links)
It's very useful once you've made an account, and can also get a full overview of your macros once you've entered meal data.

One note to keep in mind, is to think of carbs as a fluctuating variable while leaving your other macros at their respective ratios. If you gain too much weight, drop carbs gradually from the meals AFTER your post workout meal, replace these carbs with fibrous veggies, and suck down the water to feel satiated.

Weigh yourself weekly, under controlled conditions (if you weigh fasted in the morning, weigh yourself fasted in the morning the following week). Keep your methods consistent until you stagnate, lose, or gain too much weight and adjust cals accordingly.

dbgonzo24

dbgonzo24

Awards
Yes, I am looking to stay above 160 and your advice is very useful. Will definitely start trying this. I used to play football and to maintain weight i just ate everything in site and didn't care about fat or carbs. Now that i graduated, it has been different trying to maintain because i am not burning as much calories, so this stuff is new to me. But thanks again.

w4rf4r3

Awards
Yes, I am looking to stay above 160 and your advice is very useful. Will definitely start trying this. I used to play football and to maintain weight i just ate everything in site and didn't care about fat or carbs. Now that i graduated, it has been different trying to maintain because i am not burning as much calories, so this stuff is new to me. But thanks again.
Glad to help, man! After a week or so of keeping a consistent food log, you'll be able to eyeball most of your portions with ease. If you get a chance, post a sample of your usual daily diet, I'd be happy to help you sort out as much as necessary.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Follow the above advice and you should be good shape.

dbgonzo24

dbgonzo24

Awards
Glad to help, man! After a week or so of keeping a consistent food log, you'll be able to eyeball most of your portions with ease. If you get a chance, post a sample of your usual daily diet, I'd be happy to help you sort out as much as necessary.
I'll keep track of it for about a week and post it.

Spartan32

Awards
find how many calories you burn daily and get a calorie counter online or there's even an app on cell phones which I use daily, so you always have it on you.

also, when taking diet pills, better be drinking lots of water or else you'll just be killing yourself.