Marijuana and Working Out

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Medical420 View Post
    It ****ing rocks dude. I can't do pre right now because of caffeine, but pre and MJ is a blast. I would power through **** with crisp form (focus from the weeeeeeed is intense for me)
    pot preworkout would always make me lazy as ****, i used to love popping concerta preworkout though, 1 concerta 54 and i'd be a powerlifting machine!!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Medical420 View Post
    Agree, disagree, agree!

Smoking cigs causes TAR on your lungs due to the amount of other additives to plane tobacco. As posted above. Proven 20 yr Study (USA) cig vs. Non. .marijuana does minimal damage effect , also lung function was top of the list.

I get blood, Emt(heart) analysis and lung X-rays as well as a part of my doctor agreeing to sign my forms. X-rays always come back with. "Lookin good". Blood abviously better now than with Methotrexate, prednasone, Celebrex, naproxine, Lymfimidified, and some others for depression, heartburn anger. Heart rate I control with slow deep breathing sessions (in and out I the gym)

So IMO and the opinion of my doctor. Marijuana is "harmless" to me, and only beneficial.

And as for the cortisol, I say it does. I have quiet a few issues, some I have corrected and some I maintain with MJ (pain, anxiety, adhd,) depression and anger was healed by all the health progression naturally, the Gym and MJ.

iPhone AM.com app
    Alright! Hold up. We gotta stop the reggae music here in regards to the tar argument. Next time you light up a doobski just look at the roach. Bro. We can all agree that a roach looks like a burnt mouse turd. If that brown #%%$ isn't tar then it isn't tar. But it is definitely something and its definitely going into your lungs. All tar is, is any material (both tobacco and/or plant matter) that has been partially combusted and healed resulting in a stank ass resin. Compared to cigs, I definitely think that the green is much healthier because it isn't as processed as cigarette tobacco. It's like frozen peas and fresh peas. The fresh peas are straight up better.

Heed my warning though. Without going into detail or anything, don't think for a second that MJ is as natural as many think. Farmers are now using GH and chemicals to get bigger crop yields. These farmers do not care about keeping it natural. The more buds they can make in a single crop, the more money they make. That means that a lot of the stuff people get is filled with growth chemicals and nasty stuff. I just know this. It's sad. But very very true.

I would argue that you, unlike SO MANY Americans, are actually living a healthy life. You lift, you run, and you keep your body in check at all times. The sad case is that unlike you, who is removing this tar and bad #$%# on a daily basis through cardio, proper nutrition, and exercise, other individuals consider changing the channel or putting their hand in a bag of chips lifting. This would explain the thumbs up from your doctor. You are healthy with MJ. No problem there.

It really does just work for some people. The potential negative effects of marijuana are far outweighed by the benefits in a lot of people. If you find that your quality of life is better then I really don't think anyone should shame anyone for making a decision that is in their best interest. I really do think that there is a lot of bias in the healthcare side of MJ. The roach bro. The roach says it all hahaha.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

just adding my two cents! I dont smoke because of personal choices and i dont care if someone does, cause to each his own. I just couldnt imagine the revenue the goverment could make through taxation of it! thats the reason why cigs are legal, the profit margain are so high for the govt! Why not legalize, give proper educational purposes and make whoever makes it follow govt regulations
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  193 lbs.
    Answers

hey check out muscleprodigy.com they just posted about what your asking, some science to back it up. in short, marijuana only has negative effects on your hormones if you dont really smoke often and throw in a joint every now and then, if your a constant smoker then your hormones get used to the thc and it has no real negative effects on your body.
    hope this helps.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast

is this what you are referring to?

Effects on the Heart
    Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.Including pre workouts and fat burners.

that's your big boogeyman?

ECA increases your heart rate similarly. exercise in and of itself will cause this. hell today while i was on the eliptical for an hour and a half my heart rate stayed at 150 and even got up to 202 for a minute before i slowed down. the fact that the blood pressure DECREASES should tell you something. high blood pressure is infinitely more important than a high heart rate
    Just because it's natural does not mean it is fine and free of risk. That would be called the naturalistic fallacy

Is it better for you than booze? Absolutely. But these RISKS are there
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Medical420
    I'll be honest, I stopped reading after the first few posts and just felt like posting my side.

First I will start with I smoke and eat, and i am not posting this to be impressive or gloat, i take this very seriously. My edibles can cripple an average toker due to my extremely high tolerance. I have a personal, professional grower and is top quality. I smoke anywhere from 20 to 50 joints a day and eat between 3 - 5 gluten and sugar free canna cookies daily. This mornin was my first day back to cardio in a long time. It was a medium pace and I lasted 2k. I was out of breath but not struggling.

A study In early 2012. Marijuana vs. cigarette vs. non smoker. Lung function test came back MJ best, non second best, smoker worst. It probably has a minor effect, but that is all, IMO and in my case.

Take it for what you will. I hit one before and after my workout

As for brain function, i do my job this way, with no notice of co workers, no flaws, just quick productive days.

Cheers
    M420
    Saw that study. The pot group was the winner.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Didn't read every post just skimmed through the thread. I figured I'd post my input. I have read studies that are none government founded, that being the key term here, that state that cannabis actually promotes brain cell growth and has no effect on testosterone. I have never worked out the same day I smoked but I have worked out the day after and still had a good workout. I have a vaporizer I'm going to try soon. As far as weed making you lazy, I experience that too, it depends on the kind of weed. Indica makes you lazy, but Sativa acts as a stimulant. I LOOOOOVE sativa, not a big Indica fan but since I live on the East coast not a lot of people have sativa and if they do it cost more. Cannabis works for me so well I'd like to move and get it medically, I'm only worried about the evil ATF denying me my right to own guys if they find out I get medical marijuana though if I can get it. I don't smoke to get high, I smoke because when I have weed it's the only time I feel normal. I have severe bipolar, ADHD and Aspergers, so I am always depressed, I can never focus too long on something and my social skills are not the best, but cannabis seems to fix all that and nothing I have ever tried and I've been on a lot of pills since I was 9, nothing else I've tried has worked.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

^^ your brain cells never grow or duplicate. You have the same number thar you born witg. you could say it promotes activity if thats what you meant
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by benmayro
    ^^ your brain cells never grow or duplicate. You have the same number thar you born witg. you could say it promotes activity if thats what you meant
    Ehhh might want to rethink that...

http://m.jneurosci.org/content/22/3/612.short
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

sorry thats what a puvblic school gives you
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    The study I read said it promotes both. There were two studies from two different colleges that claim this. If I'm able to find the studies again I'll post them. I can concentrate much better while stoned than I ever can sober, in fact I'd like to get some weed to help me get through my college home work.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NYiron

Ehhh might want to rethink that...

http://m.jneurosci.org/content/22/3/612.short
    Awesome: Pot MAY promote neurogenesis, but it DOES inhibit neuronal signaling necessary for memory formation.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/ne...impairs-memory
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs

Awesome: Pot MAY promote neurogenesis, but it DOES inhibit neuronal signaling necessary for memory formation.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/ne...impairs-memory
    Just for argument sake. Formation happens when young and until early 20's. The post is regarding working out and toking. I do not support developing minds smoking weed. I can say I know a VP of a large company that has toked since 13 steady and makes mid 6 fig. So it CAN harm development, but I don't think it is always the case.

iPhone AM.com app
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

This thing is still going on?I thought the tokers would be more chill about the issue.Anywhos...There's enough pull from both sides to steer me away.Some people say it helps in every way and then you have the extreme who say weed is evil.I say,with the lack of studies geared twords working out you will be our test subjects.There is a seeming endless ammount of studies on Marijuana but alot of them are ran by bias partys.I just can't justify putting something like that in my body.
    Although there are plenty of people who do alot worse.Guys in my local gym seem to have a nose tork fetish.When they feel like they can't go anymore after a 2 hour long session they open the bottle and snort it like no other and go back to lifting.Stupid haha.
    People also use cocain as a workout aid.
    I use steroids which has health risk aswell.I've also used clen,ephedrine and enough pills to kill a mule.(was a supplement freak at one time no more though)
    Hell some even work out completely drunk!If you can go home at night saying"I had a good work out and I'm making alot of gains.What I'm doing is working!" then you just keep on.At the end of the day thats what matters.

If you're looking for a "go ahead,hop on the canna-bus" nobody here can make that decision for you.
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Well there's a line.....and ON THIS SIDE OF IT.......WE SMOKE POT!

Mak'n all KINZZZZZZZZZZZ of gains. ALL KINDS!

My friend uses cocaine. I tell him....F-THAT! I'm on a better drug.....STEEEEEEEE-ROIDS! ha ha ha
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by epstaneman
    Well there's a line.....and ON THIS SIDE OF IT.......WE SMOKE POT!

Mak'n all KINZZZZZZZZZZZ of gains. ALL KINDS!

My friend uses cocaine. I tell him....F-THAT! I'm on a better drug.....STEEEEEEEE-ROIDS! ha ha ha
    Pretty much. Saw a dude snorting lines and got kicked out. Silly coke heads. You can eat it and get the same effect. Just like pot haha
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

The only bad side effect I've experienced with cannabis is increased sex drive(to the point where its annoying because I'll start staring at women and it's blatantly obvious I'm staring lol) and increased hunger, but the hunger increase isn't too bad, if I know I got all my calories I can ignore the hunger.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD
    The only bad side effect I've experienced with cannabis is increased sex drive(to the point where its annoying because I'll start staring at women and it's blatantly obvious I'm staring lol) and increased hunger, but the hunger increase isn't too bad, if I know I got all my calories I can ignore the hunger.
    Can't forget about the side effect that gets me the most. Feeling really focking awesome! I set a PR nearly every time I step into the gym now. I take one quick puff as leaving for the gym. Not much but enough to give me that rush and for me focus. That mixed with alphamine is in a league of its own!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Nice. I use it to relax my muscles to push harder in the gym.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

smoke pot......have fun picking chicken and tuna over cookies and cake.... i dont think anyone can do that....

PS Pot CAN cause gyno.....
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chil View Post
    smoke pot......have fun picking chicken and tuna over cookies and cake.... i dont think anyone can do that....

Alot of bodybuilders use arnold as an excuse to justify the use.Quoted from the man him self in an article.

"The "Terminator" star also shows a '70s attitude toward drug use, noting that he just consumed "grass and hash – no hard drugs. But the point is," he continued, "that I do what I feel like doing. I'm not on a health kick."
    Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that quote?
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chil View Post

Just because you smoke weed doesn't mean you won't eat healthy. I smoke weed every day....eat healthy....if anything the only dirty food I have is my fav. barbacoa. Far as junk food....I'll eat a whole box of carb smart fudge sticks or something of that nature.

NEVER SAY AN UN-KIND WORD ABOUT MY B*TCH MARY!!!! NEVER!!
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

This thread is hilarious....
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chil

[b]PS Pot CAN cause gyno.....
    I might get flack for this. But.

You're an idiot

Ps. I eat strict Paleo. Have for 1.5years.

iPhone AM.com app
    Appnut 5 Stack
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/215854-8-week-chronic.html
  25. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Re-subbed.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Answers

This topic is retarded...seriously
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985
    Explain?

Someone asked about MJ and working out. Opinions and facts have been delivered. What is "retarded" to you?

The fact of the matter is that plenty of people do it. Pre, post, during only on Tuesday's or whatever. It is harmless, it has been proven harmless and beneficial. It improves my quality of life, and many many other medical and not medical users. Its a plant. One that needs NO processing. And had been proven effective with countless aliments.
    I have family members in the 70's that have done it daily since teenage years for recreation. I didnt even know until istarted a few years back. They look 50, they are happy and relaxed and quiet healthy.

So i ask again, why is this thread "retarded"?

iPhone AM.com app
    Appnut 5 Stack
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985
    Lol yeah if you're a heavy smoker you're going to defend it to the death. Everyone knows someone who is "successful" and smokes all the time. They also know 90% of the other people that do, are near worthless....

Fact is people who smoke constantly are more likely to be less productive as people who don't. If you argue this fact, I feel sorry for your intelligence and your ability think constructively. I know top level bodybuilders, none of them smoke, period. Why, bc it's counter productive. Give all your science hippie crap studies you want, real world functions is the majority of the time it hurts more than it helps.

You know what else sounds good on paper, communism. How'd that work out for the USSR?

Child please....
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chil

You're retarted. That last statement is so not true
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Lol yeah if you're a heavy smoker you're going to defend it to the death. Everyone knows someone who is "successful" and smokes all the time. They also know 90% of the other people that do, are near worthless....

Fact is people who smoke constantly are more likely to be less productive as people who don't. If you argue this fact, I feel sorry for your intelligence and your ability think constructively. I know top level bodybuilders, none of them smoke, period. Why, bc it's counter productive. Give all your science hippie crap studies you want, real world functions is the majority of the time it hurts more than it helps.

You know what else sounds good on paper, communism. How'd that work out for the USSR?

Child please....
    I work 60+ hours a week for years now, 10+ hours in the gym a week, 1-2 hours a day preparing food, spend all my extra time with my family. I'd say I'm pretty productive... I do agree some people are worthless when they use though.
    PES Representative
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    I work 60+ hours a week for years now, 10+ hours in the gym a week, 1-2 hours a day preparing food, spend all my extra time with my family. I'd say I'm pretty productive... I do agree some people are worthless when they use though.
    Agreed.

I myself work avg 60+, own and operate my own construction company, workout before work, smoking and eating edibles pre and post. Play hockey and live a medium paced social life for what I do for a living(all while medicated). I read daily, mainly regarding my own condition and health to better improve it. I was crippled only a few years ago

What do you do for a living distiled water? Just curious as I am always doing something labour intensive and physical, for a living and recreation, and use my math and reading skills daily. Please Enlighten me

I am the furthest thing from a hippie and or unintelligent.
  32. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Child please....

You need a hug.
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

You guys missed my point. There are responsible people out there, you guys are an example of it. You guys ARE the minority! The vast majority of users are worthless, my brother is a prime example along with roughly 15 of his friends.

I am the in charge of the companies tools/tool department at a precision machine shop. :-)
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Answers

You guys missed my point. There are responsible people out there, you guys are an example of it. You guys ARE the minority! The vast majority of users are worthless, my brother is a prime example along with roughly 15 of his friends.

I am the in charge of the companies tools/tool department at a precision machine shop. :-)

Someone didn't love you enough.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Everybody is successful on-line ..
    MYOKEM REP & ATHLETE
    PSALMS 62:1- 62:2
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

You guys missed my point. There are responsible people out there, you guys are an example of it. You guys ARE the minority!
    My bad, When your right your right

The vast majority of users are worthless, my brother is a prime example along with roughly 15 of his friends.
    Again, your right (I know some of the same)

Nice, really didn't have a point with this. Lol. Not as active in comparison, but being in charge is a mental and physical game none the less.

Cheers
  37. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift

U smoke reefer?

10+ hours a week in the gym?

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga
    Everybody is successful on-line ..

I make a lotta dough, big azz phuck, & I gets a lotta puss c.

(notsrs)
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  38. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Medical420

Agreed.

I myself work avg 60+, own and operate my own construction company, workout before work, smoking and eating edibles pre and post. Play hockey and live a medium paced social life for what I do for a living(all while medicated). I read daily, mainly regarding my own condition and health to better improve it. I was crippled only a few years ago

What do you do for a living distiled water? Just curious as I am always doing something labour intensive and physical, for a living and recreation, and use my math and reading skills daily. Please Enlighten me

I am the furthest thing from a hippie and or unintelligent.
    Crippled?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    U smoke reefer?

10+ hours a week in the gym?
    LMAO, no not I brotato! ;-)

Yessir! you follow my logs bro wtf!
    PES Representative
  40. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift

LMAO, no not I brotato! ;-)

Yessir! you follow my logs bro wtf!
    Maybe I'm on something haha...
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Marijuana use... a sin?
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
  2. Marijuana???
    By bishop17 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
  3. M1T and marijuana