Marijuana and Working Out

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. ripping a b-load before my cottage cheese and milk before bed snack

2. to be fair, there are episodes of episodes or experiences that are what someone would call 'different than normal'

my brother smoked a joint and suddenly found himself in a whirldwind with faces laughing at him.

ive never had that happen to me, in several years of smoking every day with different batches from different people.

recently me and my bud bought a sack of a chick who ( after we had smoked it saw it was different than normal) told us she thought it was laced.

i experienced a serious uplifting mood like cocaine. not typical of weed . you could argue that it was the difference of possibly sativa vs other types of weed, but i dont think thats the case. since a bunch of seasonal smokers saw a huge difference. and ive smoked the absolute finest, as well as some of the worst.

theres just some sacks that don't seem normal. i dont know if they're laced; it's impossible to say.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by apoxtle View Post
    it's not really a valid concern. not any more of a valid concern than people taking grey area steroids or worse. it's just weed. i'm sure at some point someone bought some weed with a suprise in it. seriously dude? you are on a website that will give you advice on how to use prohormones and aas. some potentially dangerous. all in the name of research of course
    I do not personally smoke marijuana but I have many friends that do. They have told me on two occasions where they have gotten weed that has "****ed them up" in a way that weed really can't. They have been smoking for many years so I trust their judgement that something else was in their product (this is what they claimed not me). Also, at parties, many people find it funny to spike their own weed and offer it to newbs who have never smoked before. Am I saying that this is common? Of course not. If you look at the post that I quoted I said that smoking weed with some light contamination MAY account for the random side effects that some infrequent smokers report. I never said that it was common, only stated that it could account for the random/rare side effects that some people claim weed can cause. You act as if my statement was meant to justify the idea that "no one should be buying for the rare occurrence it may be contaminated". Like I said I do not care who smokes. Put whatever you want in your body.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I do not personally smoke marijuana but I have many friends that do. They have told me on two occasions where they have gotten weed that has "****ed them up" in a way that weed really can't. They have been smoking for many years so I trust their judgement that something else was in their product (this is what they claimed not me). Also, at parties, many people find it funny to spike their own weed and offer it to newbs who have never smoked before. Am I saying that this is common? Of course not. If you look at the post that I quoted I said that smoking weed with some light contamination MAY account for the random side effects that some infrequent smokers report. I never said that it was common, only stated that it could account for the random/rare side effects that some people claim weed can cause. You act as if my statement was meant to justify the idea that "no one should be buying for the rare occurrence it may be contaminated". Like I said I do not care who smokes. Put whatever you want in your body.
    and with that i start my ultradrol. lmg, d-plex, gw-501516 monday dude. no hate at all dude, i just doubt the contamination. what would it be in your opinion?

5. Quote Originally Posted by apoxtle View Post
    and with that i start my ultradrol. lmg, d-plex, gw-501516 monday dude. no hate at all dude, i just doubt the contamination. what would it be in your opinion?
    lol im currently running epistane, EC, alpha-t2, and lean xtreme super cut cycle haha. I have no idea what the contamination would be I have never used hard drugs or cared to research all of their effects. Could be anything I suppose.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by apoxtle View Post
    i have smoked weed that was laced before. One time it had crushed up lortab in it and the other time was crushed up aderall. I got retarded off this stuff, i was made aware of what it was laced with after i smoked. This was at a time when i did not buy my own pot and i was still very young. never have i actually bought pot and ever thought it was laced. I would think if it was laced with something one would be able to tell. i will lick my finger after breaking up my bud, if it tastes abnormal, which it never has, then maybe its laced, maybe

7. Quote Originally Posted by darsh89 View Post
    i have smoked weed that was laced before. One time it had crushed up lortab in it and the other time was crushed up aderall. I got retarded off this stuff, i was made aware of what it was laced with after i smoked. This was at a time when i did not buy my own pot and i was still very young. never have i actually bought pot and ever thought it was laced. I would think if it was laced with something one would be able to tell. i will lick my finger after breaking up my bud, if it tastes abnormal, which it never has, then maybe its laced, maybe
    you'd still smoke it though even if it tasted funny.
    lol
    For me, the action IS the juice.

8. Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    you'd still smoke it though even if it tasted funny.
    lol

maybe lol, depends, if it was was like a fertilizer taste then yeah, if it tasted like blow then no

9. Know who you buy from , plain and simple. You buy off some dirt bag in the park then you take your chances knowingly so don't be suprised

10. I'm pretty sure this thread is about if weed is good or not for body building not if weed is good or evil

11. Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin1 View Post
    Hello all,

I was curious to know if an occasional joint of pot would disrupt my body's ability to stay defined and build muscle while doing everything else right (Eating, Workouts, Sleep, Hydration, etc.)

If anyone here smokes and would not be shy to answer how it works for you, I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you,
    B
    I know tons of guys that puff before and after gym Seshs. Relaxs the muscles, increases blood flow, and lets you concentrate better and those 'problem areas'. Negatively it may make you more lethargic, increases heart rate, and smoke and anabolism don't mix IMHO. So... I guess if it doesn't wreck your metality (like me, I have schizophrenia so I steer clear of grass) moderation couldn't hurt. Increases appetite to some too so if you wanna get big roll a fatty! Lol just my 2 cents

12. I smoke weed regularly. Never effected my gains. I will say that weed makes me lazy and hungry. While cutting I smoke very far and few in between, because I'll end up too lazy to workout and too damn hungry to stick to a clean eating caloric deficit.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin1 View Post
    Hello all,

I was curious to know if an occasional joint of pot would disrupt my body's ability to stay defined and build muscle while doing everything else right (Eating, Workouts, Sleep, Hydration, etc.)

If anyone here smokes and would not be shy to answer how it works for you, I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you,
    B
    lowers test by 40% for ~4 hours after your last puff.

lowers protein synthesis.

lowers motivation.

drugs and lifting DO NOT go together.

maybe you can get away with smoking every now and then like arnold, but me personally i'm 100% lifting, i don't even drink or smoke cigs anymore.

however maybe you can do both, but for me it just kills my motivation and drive... not to mention it kills that anger in me, which i've grown quite fond of.

14. Quote Originally Posted by epstaneman View Post
    I smoke weed regularly. Never effected my gains. I will say that weed makes me lazy and hungry. While cutting I smoke very far and few in between, because I'll end up too lazy to workout and too damn hungry to stick to a clean eating caloric deficit.
    haha, never had a friend from san antonio who DOESN'T smoke XD

15. Quote Originally Posted by mylo

lowers motivation.

maybe you can get away with smoking every now and then like arnold, but me personally i'm 100% lifting, i don't even drink or smoke cigs anymore.

however maybe you can do both, but for me it just kills my motivation and drive... not to mention it kills that anger in me, which i've grown quite fond of.
    Just curious where you got this information.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Kinggrommet View Post
    Just curious where you got this information.
    personal experience, mostly. (speaking on motivation and protein synthesis— took FOREVER to recover after a work out)

and i dug this up for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6316036

apparently it lowers them for 24 hours, which i thought was only 4, don't remember where i got that from.

also, being a gaba antagonist it must also lower natural HGH production.

17. Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post

lowers motivation.

well said. If your serious about bodybuilding it is foolish to consider doing this on a regular basis.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

18. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    well said. If your serious about bodybuilding it is foolish to consider doing this on a regular basis.

Don't be such a square! One puff never killed no body.

19. I smoke probably once a week, kick back and throw on some Netflix lol great way to spend an off day. Not to mention I sleep like a rock that night so it helps when I occasionally have problems sleeping

20. Fun Fact for you. Marijuana reduces stress. Stress reduces cortisol.

There-go marijuana = Gainzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Name:  cheechNchong.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  6.5 KB

21. Quote Originally Posted by mylo

personal experience, mostly. (speaking on motivation and protein synthesis-- took FOREVER to recover after a work out)

and i dug this up for you: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6316036

apparently it lowers them for 24 hours, which i thought was only 4, don't remember where i got that from.

also, being a gaba antagonist it must also lower natural HGH production.
    Thanks for the link homey!

22. In the off-season I partake regularly, but I don't smoke. Having access to dispensaries with a medical card in Colorado really cuts down on a lot of concern about what additional compounds may or may not be found in your product. That said, I don't think Mary Jane and the weight room mix. If you're going to be lifting you need to be focused and intense - I doubt anyone who tells me that they can go to the gym high and squat as heavy as when they are sober. I know no one who has PR'd while stoned.

I think the benefits are the increased appetite while bulking, increased awareness of muscle activation/the mind muscle connection, and conceptual thinking about programming. It's a great time, just save it for after the gym and not right before bed.
    Go hard. Go heavy. Never stop.

23. Quote Originally Posted by epstaneman View Post
    Fun Fact for you. Marijuana reduces stress. Stress reduces cortisol.

There-go marijuana = Gainzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Name:  cheechNchong.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  6.5 KB

i think it actually raises norepinephrine levels, which = more cortisol. want a link? x)

sorry i'm kind of busy right now but i can dig one up later on...

24. Quote Originally Posted by Kinggrommet View Post
    Thanks for the link homey!
    any time!

25. Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    i think it actually raises norepinephrine levels, which = more cortisol. want a link? x)

sorry i'm kind of busy right now but i can dig one up later on...

I was just being stupid. I'm sure ALL drugs and alcohol aren't good for body building.

Still not going to stop me from smoking though.

26. Good thread, I personally smoke like everyday, cut or bulk, all I know is it helps to bulk but I hve smoked for a while so I can control munchies. Also I get really good focus at the gym if I choose toke before. but I also think I'd get better gains if I didn't just because of its other effects. But for the original question I think a joint here and there will have no effect on your training or gains.

27. I'll be honest, I stopped reading after the first few posts and just felt like posting my side.

First I will start with I smoke and eat, and i am not posting this to be impressive or gloat, i take this very seriously. My edibles can cripple an average toker due to my extremely high tolerance. I have a personal, professional grower and is top quality. I smoke anywhere from 20 to 50 joints a day and eat between 3 - 5 gluten and sugar free canna cookies daily. This mornin was my first day back to cardio in a long time. It was a medium pace and I lasted 2k. I was out of breath but not struggling.

A study In early 2012. Marijuana vs. cigarette vs. non smoker. Lung function test came back MJ best, non second best, smoker worst. It probably has a minor effect, but that is all, IMO and in my case.

Take it for what you will. I hit one before and after my workout

As for brain function, i do my job this way, with no notice of co workers, no flaws, just quick productive days.

Cheers
    M420

28. It ruined a marriage.....dont ask me my opinion.....most wont like it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

29. Just pointing out the fact that the link provided to pubmed is not an actual study, it's a summary of prior studies (which, are likely from the days of reefer madness) and the guy on page one posting about mj having more tar / carcinogens than tobacco, give me a break dude. I call COMPLETE bull**** there. Let's see your sources, or that **** isnt legit.

Here's my take. I've been lifting since freshman year of highschool (roughly 8-9 years). When I started, I was roughly 110 lbs. Now, 8 yrs later (natural bb no aas or ph) i am sitting at 180 lbs lean. (can see quad seperation, abs / obliques.).. Throughout this time period (the first few years) i smoked occasionally, then through the middle - recently I was smoking quite heavily / regurarly. I can agree with the above posters with a few key points- mj is good for bulking, you can eat and eat and eat, all the time, all day long. It helps you relax (relaxing is key to recovery, right?).. I recently quit smoking pot for my new job and i have to say i have much more mental clarity / focus / drive throughout the day. Not as hungry, but mentally i am better off.
    I love smoking a bowl but i get SO ****ING LAZY. IT IS REDICULOUS.\\

Anyways- you can still smoke and gain, i would just suggest never smoking before the gym, the perfect time would be to take a one hitter or two on the way home from the gym (reduce your nausea and increase your appetite)..

At the end of the day- it's your body, you can do what you want to do. I do believe that smoking will help you gain weight. But I also believe I perform better / have better focus in the gym and in the classroom now that i have quit smoking.. If you can smoke, and control your habit- to the point that you're only smoking a few times a week, after tough workouts and what not- you'll be fine. Just dont be getting high all day every day- you will become lazy, I'm sure.
    Hope this helps

edit: @mylo- why the hell would you want to be angry? one of the things i love most about pot is that after a bowl or two i am so much less uptight about everything, I can just relax, let the small **** go, and not get bothered by insignificant ****. I honestly become a more relaxed, better person when i am high. I just cant be high all the time because i am far too unproductive.

30. Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    edit: @mylo- why the hell would you want to be angry? one of the things i love most about pot is that after a bowl or two i am so much less uptight about everything, I can just relax, let the small **** go, and not get bothered by insignificant ****. I honestly become a more relaxed, better person when i am high. I just cant be high all the time because i am far too unproductive.
    This is a funny addendum due to my personal experience with weed. Prior to it, I was always a highly uptight, "wound-up" kind of guy up through high school. All getting laid did was make me comfortable around girls, otherwise I still was almost constantly stressed out. For about 4 years, after high school, I would smoke pot probably once every 3 weeks or even less frequent. I've been off of it now for a year, but it's surprising to me how much my character has changed. I am no longer phased by small things, and even under pressing circumstances I keep my cool. I know some of this just comes with the territory when you mature, but I suspect weed played a role here. The one thing between weed and me is that I have a strange neuronal wiring such that whenever I smoked I would have very crazy hallucinations, even with mids.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Marijuana use... a sin?
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
  2. Marijuana???
    By bishop17 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
  3. M1T and marijuana
    By Rhelm60 in forum Anabolics