What's some of your favorite low/no carb meals?

Nate007

Awards
I'm going to start cycling my carbs a little bit. Maybe like 2 or 3 days a week doing no/very low carb days. So curious as to what are some good meals u guys are eating?

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Steak, eggs, and peanut butter...not all together though. :)

I get my carbs from veggies on my "no carb" day. Used to never eat them, but now I've grown to love spinach, asparagus, and broccoli.

Nate007

Awards

I get my carbs from veggies on my "no carb" day. Used to never eat them, but now I've grown to love spinach, asparagus, and broccoli.
Yeah I plan on still doing veggies on these days too.

Siren

Awards
* What's some of your favorite low/no carb meals?

Thanks guys for your tips.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Cheesy omelets or Greek yogurt, stevia, and protein powder.

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
I like 6 eggs (3 whites) scrambled with turkey sausage crumbles and Swiss cheese ... Or a 9oz steak wrapped with bacon (maple) and a big pile of brocolli sauteed in EVOO and garlic ..

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ditto along with fish, chicken.

My carbs all come from nuts and veggies so all very LOW glycemic index.

Typical meals is lean meat with greens until Im stuffed.

SANE carb-ups are usually with "dry" baked Yams or Sweet Potatoes and Trader Joes "ezekial style" breead. All are complex/slow-carbs but much higher in carb content.

INSANE carb binges every 7-10 days: The wheels usually come off LOL

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really easy quick 0 carb meal: 1 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1tbsp melted butter and 3 whole eggs mashed up. Usually season it with a spinach/garlic seasoning mix I have. It's good, quick, and has literally 0 carbs and as much protein and fat as you want.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
broccoli with chicken, fish, turkey and evoo

Spartan32

Awards
My favorites include: grilled chicken salad with fat free dressing, egg whites with low calorie wheat bread sandwhich, beef jerkey (if you have money), or just go for the deli market (i.e. turkey, chicken, lean beef, tuna)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5-6 whole eggs
4-6 oz beef
2-3 oz cheese
Franks sauce

These all make a hell of an omelette.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6 whole eggs, angus beef sirloin tips and some Vermont white cheddar on the top. Half and half or light cream added to the eggs.

Turkey legs, Turkey thighs.

Duck is really good when I can find it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sometimes I have cheeseburgers with 80% Angus ground beef. I use a low carb wrap for a bun. Of course that uses up a lot of my calories for the day so its not often.

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Best late nite snack for cravings when carbs are low or off-season: 2 scoops of Chocolate ON's Casein, 2 tblsp of almond butter in a bowl with water and stir it up with a spoon until you get a BANGING PUDDING!!!!! Hands down top 5 meathead snacks

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
I can't find Greek Yogurt with zero carbs. Where are you finding this?
Kroger has carb master yogurt,

Calories 80
Cal. from Fat 14
Total Fat 1.5g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 80mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 0g
Protein 12g

I get vanilla carb master, couple scoops of whey, little water and a little ice, some frozen fruit .. one ninja blender and 60 sec later .. a nice smoothy with 60 or so grams of protien .. lose the fruit and you have less than 15g of carbs ..

Chefbolic

Chefbolic

Awards
Marinaded chicken breast sandwiches. (separated breasts)
Marinade chicken 24 hours in a bath of evoo, red wine vinegar, chopped garlic, chopped onion, oregano, kosher salt, and a splash of sherry.
Pan sear on both sides, and place in a cake pan with some of the marinade. Cover with foil and bake 15-20 minutes at 325. Comes out so tender it can be cut with a plastic spoon.
I make this a sandwich, but since you're looking for low carb this chicken is wonderful over nearly anything, preferably spinach salads. If you don't feel like shopping around for that marinade, any italian dressing low in sugar will suffice. Don't forget most dressings use sugar to cut the acid of vinegar, and lots are sneaky with serving sizes.
Enjoy it, this chicken really is delicious and very easy to make.

goodfella

Awards
Lean ground beef mixed with steamed broccoli all covered with some Frank's Extra Hot. Starkist Tuna Creations chased with some mac nut oil for some healthy fats.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Broiled Shrimp!

Get some of the pre-cooked shrimp, defrost it, put it on a cookie sheet with some aluminum foil, make a little 'bowl' out of the foi, load it with olive oil, garlic, parsley and some capers, toss it in the over in broil and let it in for about 5 - 10 mins.

Enjoy yourself. Eat it with whatever dip floats your boat, I particularly enjoy with tartar sauce.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Best late nite snack for cravings when carbs are low or off-season: 2 scoops of Chocolate ON's Casein, 2 tblsp of almond butter in a bowl with water and stir it up with a spoon until you get a BANGING PUDDING!!!!! Hands down top 5 meathead snacks
will be trying this this weekend sounds awesome. Also love making protein pancakes with stevia syrup. Two scoops vanilla/banana myofusion 1/2cup egg whites, tsp cinnamon and maybe some walnuts or pecans about 3-4 min. per side + jennie-o turkey sausage.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
bacon + eggs, or maybe bacon + sausage + eggs :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cheese........... + ...........................anything!

Oooo the days of pounding cheese like it ewas nobody's business

I used to take a BLOCK and semi-melt it in the microwave and go to town

Love me some Cheese.

Traditional Keto diets are not "healthy" IMO but they sure are fun.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THIS - but the REAL, FRIED version as it has NO carbs too (as long as there is no breading)/.

Wings and ranch dressing = SCORE

Used to eat this stuff like it was going out of style and "TELL PEOPLE I WAS ON A DIET!" :D

The look on people's faces :p

Homemade baked Hot Wings. Zero Carbs!!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eggs, prepared any way.

Chicken & spinach salad with some almonds.

Chicken & Avocado

Been watching my sat. fats lately, they seem to mess up my HDL a bit.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Lolol I have to admit. I used to give people crap for eating eggs with ketchup. I tried it and loved it. Peanut butter and eggs does sound gross though lol
Try this out. It tastes pretty good.
In a coffe mug put:
1 raw egg
1 scoop of protien powder
1 tablespoon of penut putter
1 sachet of stevia
2 teaspoons of water

Mix it then put it in the microwave (in the cup) for one minute. It turns into a protien brownie/omlet.

ReneeIngram

Awards
I am eating natural meal which made with natural ingredients.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need to try this! I have some egg beaters in the fridge but no REAL eggs. Thanks

Sounds delish!

Try this out. It tastes pretty good.
In a coffe mug put:
1 raw egg
1 scoop of protien powder
1 tablespoon of penut putter
1 sachet of stevia
2 teaspoons of water

Mix it then put it in the microwave (in the cup) for one minute. It turns into a protien brownie/omlet.

BigDSB

BigDSB

Awards
One pound ground chicken breast. One half onion, chopped. 2 jalapenos, chopped. I package taco seasoning. Cook the breast and get it chopped up like a taco filling. Add the rest and simmer with a cup of water. You can add that to a low carb wrap, with cheese and greeak yogurt and hot sauce for lunch or dinner. You can add it to eggs in the morning as an omlet or like a scramble. Or you can eat it out of the bowl like a nice thick chilliiiiii. It ois one of my regular meals. You can use turkey breast too, or ground sirloin if you want to up your fat.. Damn, im hungry now.:yikes:

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Not to be a downer as that is a delicious sounding recipe but I wouldnt say literally 0 carbs, 11g carbs from 1 cup cottage cheese which are non fibrous carbs.