Avocados

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
Kale, cherry tomato, avocado, red onion all chopped and thrown in a bowl. Ground meat, simmered slowly with a lid on (I don't want to lose any juice or fat). Dressing: Apple cider vinegar, black pepper, Dijon mustard, olive oil whisked together.

That's how I ate my avocado yesterday.

Another way I eat it:

Brown some ground beef, lid it halfway through cooking and steam 3-4 corn tortillas. Dice up the avocado. Make some salsa (tomato, onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro) or buy some if you're lazy and/or don't have a food processor. Simple little tacos that take about 5 minutes and taste amazing IMO.

gospher

gospher

Awards
Kale, cherry tomato, avocado, red onion all chopped and thrown in a bowl. Ground meat, simmered slowly with a lid on (I don't want to lose any juice or fat). Dressing: Apple cider vinegar, black pepper, Dijon mustard, olive oil whisked together.

Another way I eat it:

Brown some ground beef, lid it halfway through cooking and steam 3-4 corn tortillas. Dice up the avocado. Make some salsa (tomato, onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro) or buy some if you're lazy and/or don't have a food processor. Simple little tacos that take about 5 minutes and taste amazing IMO.
Just made me hungery

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Cut in half, sprinkle alil sea salt and scoop out with a spoon. Avacado = best fruit ever!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sea salt, pepper, lime. Done. I like to spread mine over fried potatoes along with some Frank's sauce.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
You can use them like butter,mix with tuna,rice the ideas are endless.

It all depends on your taste.I myself have found that cutting it up in chucks and putting on brown rice is pretty good.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Some very strange variations of preperation here indeed. Mine are a bit more appetizing IMO.

Turkey burger-with sliced avacado, turkey bacon and whole grain bun. Dressed with olive oil light mayo, spicy brown mustard, spicy catchup and lettuce.

Guacamole- avacado , cilantro , lime, onion and flavored variations include adding habenero/pineapple, or cucumber chunks, or tomato. Play with all ingredients to decipher level of taste. Suggest going light with onion and cilantro then build up to taste. And be careful with the habenero/pineapple not to over power.

Cobb salad- shredded romaine, avacado , diced turkey or chicken, crumbled turkey or pork bacon, diced tomato, diced chive or green onion, diced boiled eggs, crumbled fresh blue cheese, light raspberry vinegarrete dressing.

Veg salad- all cut chunked~avacado , cucumber, tomato, vinegarrete dressing of choice- can add cubed cheese and/or poultry of choice to kick up the flavor

Avacado melt- sqaw bread , avacado , sprouts, Munster or pepper jack cheese and grill like you would grill cheese all together.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
You need:
1 large avocado
1 cucumber
1-2 jalepenos
lemon juice to taste
sea salt

Mash up the avocado, and cut up the pepper and cucumber as small as you can reasonably manage. Throw all that ish in a bowl, and add however much lemon juice and sea salt you want.

It's ultra tasty, and ultra healthy. I have it on pretty much everything.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Another way I eat it:

This is amazing. Do you have a source for this recipe or are you the creator in the flesh?

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
This is amazing. Do you have a source for this recipe or are you the creator in the flesh?
The dressing and salsa are recipes I've picked up along the way. The methods of cooking and ingredients I choose are based on my taste preferences. I gravitate toward healthy, colorful ingredients and I prefer recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. I cook 95%+ of my own meals so they have to be quick :p. Ya I like that those recipes have a lot of raw ingredients in them.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i mash mine with olive oil and put it on my turkey burgers

jared767

Awards
I love avocado. I usually make a shake out of it when I want a fresh avocado. Otherwise, I get an avocado ice cream. I can't get enough of it.

Litho

Awards
I love avocado. I usually make a shake out of it when I want a fresh avocado. Otherwise, I get an avocado ice cream. I can't get enough of it.
Avocado ice cream sounds interesting....

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
What dose avocado taste like? As in similar to.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
yeahright Nutrition / Health 26