Anybody find it hard to eat as soon you wake?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Maybe switch your workout to lifitng in the morning. This will help develop a hunger for a meal, even if it happens to be breakfast.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.94%

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    Maybe switch your workout to lifitng in the morning. This will help develop a hunger for a meal, even if it happens to be breakfast.
    Yeah I'm working on it and by working on it I mean I had my wife wake me at 7am this morning to go hit the gym before she heads off at 930 to work. Unfortunately my sleeping pattern blows as always so I didn't crash until after 1-2am somewhere so come wake up call a couple pillows got tossed at her, she tried saying I'd get fat if I didn't go and some other "motivational" comments. By that time my head was between 2 pillows and wrapped with the comforter and back to la la land. Lol. Better luck tommorow! Haha
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.2%

Happens to me...I usually just have a protein shake or banana for early morning workouts and then after my workout my appetite is there..
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.64%

Try Lean Gains Protocol. I don't eat my first meal until 1:00pm. Took me from 212@12% BF to 205@7% BF. It takes time to get used to the fast but it is effective. I'm sure there will be controversy surrounding this protocol, but we need to remember that everybody functions differently. This protocol works well for me and many others, but may not be for you.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.94%

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen
    Try Lean Gains Protocol. I don't eat my first meal until 1:00pm. Took me from 212@12% BF to 205@7% BF. It takes time to get used to the fast but it is effective. I'm sure there will be controversy surrounding this protocol, but we need to remember that everybody functions differently. This protocol works well for me and many others, but may not be for you.
    But does it come with a black fedora? :-)
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.19%

recently ive been gaining strength being completely fasted for my workouts.

carbs make you hold water ( i believe 4g of water for every 1g carb ), so if you train fasted its even more important to take in alot of water/fluid before your workouts so you don't get fatigued quickly. if i workout and dont have at least 20-30 ozs of water before , i get fatigued super fast.

thats been my experience with fasted training, anyway.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I often find it difficult to eat in the morning.

My favourite breakfast is a home made protien bar. they're easy to eat and about 500 cals.

At the moment im eating two peices of brown bread with natural penut butter + a dbl scoop protein shake with milk. Its a nice fast breakfast too.

However, If I'm low carbing i put two scoops of whey in 300mls of pasteurized egg white with a tbl spoon of pure coco.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Agreed on the fluid intake. Glycerol and creatine assit with this as well for us low carb types

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    recently ive been gaining strength being completely fasted for my workouts.

carbs make you hold water ( i believe 4g of water for every 1g carb ), so if you train fasted its even more important to take in alot of water/fluid before your workouts so you don't get fatigued quickly. if i workout and dont have at least 20-30 ozs of water before , i get fatigued super fast.

thats been my experience with fasted training, anyway.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

I do. And it usually happens when I take a midnight snack.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.5%

I had the same problem, a buddy of mine who's a physical therapist said to drive down 12-16 ounces of water as soon as you wake up. Apparently it'll jump start your metabolism for the day. I have a bottle next to me for when I wake up, after that I ****, shower, shave and then have no problem eating.
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.3%

i HATE it. so i get a protein shake right away, wait an an hour and have a huge meal.
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.76%

Just go with a shake. That's your best bet
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.44%

What time do you wake up? I have no scientific basis for this, but I also experience the same thing when I wake up after 8 AM. But when I wake up as early as 6 AM, I feel hungry as soon as I get out of bed. I'm not sure why, but that's how my body works.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I can only train first thing in the morning due to my schedule. I have tried asking everyone the right thing to do about eating. I find fasted is the only way I get the most out of my supplements.

I have no problem eating I just have bad timing and forget to eat or I am in my truck and eating is hard. Try mixing a weight gainer .... Four scoops doesn't mix well.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.59%

Eating as soon as you wake is trained. Once your body gets used to fueling up at certain times, it's like taking a morning **** - you'll be primed to go.

I can tell you what time it is based on how hungry I am most of the time. Every three hours my stomach rumbles. Right when I wake up it rumbles me to the bathroom and then right into the kitchen.

It took time though... It was wrestling down oats and eggs for about a month before my body felt like it needed it.

I know a ****load of people who were not breakfast eaters... They saw how my body was changing and my fat was leaving and they asked for advice. Now they eat breakfast no matter what - because their body asks for it.

Guilt played a huge factor too. Didn't want my body breaking down and eating what I was trying to build up.

I'm old school - I eat to wake up.

He who angers you, conquers you.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how hard is it to find test e?
    By AK4lyfe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
  2. Why is DHT so hard to find!
    By Parrrish in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
  3. Hard to wake on T-1 Pro