I am addicted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - AnabolicMinds.com

I am addicted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

1. New Member

I am addicted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

I eat about 4-5 a day and one time I ate a whole loaf of pb&js in under 30 minutes what should I do and if I just have 2-3 a day will it destroy my results I workout twice a day and really intense workouts

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.

I feel your pain. I was same way. It is a triple threat. Sugar and fat in peanut butter. Sugar in the jelly. Even worse is the bread (even whole wheat) that jacks up your insulin levels. It all leaves you with a satisfied, full feeling but is really nothing more than a physical addiction. Drop all wheat and cut way back on sugar. The craving will be enormous for no more than two weeks. After that hunger will be only hunger and not an addiction. The solution I found is PB2 powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat and tastes great! Mix it up and put on a couple of rice cakes and top off with a low fat fruit, like berries. Stopping wheat changed my life, wife too. Damn hard to give up PBJ but you gotta do it! Read some reviews on a book called Wheat Belly and see what you think.
  3. NFC
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.

email TLC so you can have a show about it.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hmmm how about this SANE approach that might work for you.

1) Nothing "wrong" with peanut butter if not overdone and so have at it.
    2) Skip the bread OR use Trader Joes Low Carb Sprouted Bread (~3 carbs a slice) and it's healthy bread not processed garbage.
    3) Use Walden Farms SUGAR FREE (calorie free) fruit spread. It takes some time to get used to but liek anything else, you will.

Regarding #3: Beware! Smuckers and other popular brands make a LOW SUGAR Jam/jelly that is a scam. They list maltodextrin and/or polydextrose as FIBER and NOT sugar. SCAM!

Maltodextrin - This stuff is in everything!

Good luck
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  5. New Member

Thanks guys will try !
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

I used to require a PB&J in order to fall asleep. Not eating one just ended up me staying up until like 3am staring at the ceiling. Sometimes id make a pb&j big mac, with 3 slices and pb n j on all the inner surfaces.

Nowadays, as long as i can get that PB taste i can drop the other 2 carby ingredients. If I just need to fill an empty stomach, ill throw in some plain greek yogurt, w/ a scoop of weigh and/or some walden farms caramel/chocolate or strawberry sauce.
  7. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW
    Oh, hell yeah definitely have done that one
  9. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You know I have been addicted to those things lately, too. Every cycle I develop a new and short-lived addiction to certain random foods. PB&J is mine right now. But I don't eat 3-5 a day, lol. I only eat 1-2 EOD.
  10. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I used to like Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches. Only eat carbs twice a week now. If I ate carbs all week long I'd be as big as a house. Not a brick house either. One of the bouncy house things more likely!
  11. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I used to like Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches. Only eat carbs twice a week now. If I ate carbs all week long I'd be as big as a house. Not a brick house either. One of the bouncy house things more likely!
    What u mostly just stick to meat I guess huh. I'm a sucker for p butter and bananas I et em a lot
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  12. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    What u mostly just stick to meat I guess huh. I'm a sucker for p butter and bananas I et em a lot

Yes meat and cheese. I should be eating cruciferous vegetables too but I hardly ever do. I know by now what I should be eating but I don't always follow my own advice. I follow Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Metabolic Diet. Have been following it for years. The old way of eating is just seems inferior to me now.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm addicted to shrimp I eat 2-3 lbs a week sometimes I need a 12 step program before I get gout
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Careful with getting kidney stones bro. It happened to me (I used to run that diet 10+ years ago).

These days, I live get my greens in every meal alongside my meat/protein and add copious doses of lemon (citrate) to thwart the formation of any more stones. I've been successful to date. The Anabolic Diet puts you in a severe state of chronic acidosis wwhen the food choices are not balanced with alkalien ones (which, that diet by and in large does not do). This acidosis can lead to bone demineralization (osteoporosis) and as mentioned, kidney stones.

As an aside, whey protein is ONE rare protein source that is actually alkaline although I am in no way recommending a whey-protein only diet. Almonds are another but it's difficult to get your daily protein intake from this only as well.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yes meat and cheese. I should be eating cruciferous vegetables too but I hardly ever do. I know by now what I should be eating but I don't always follow my own advice. I follow Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Metabolic Diet. Have been following it for years. The old way of eating is just seems inferior to me now.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  15. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Screw the honey. Go straight for the maple syrup.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

pb with honey and banana for the pre work out meal win!
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Throw a scoop of ice cream on that bitch and call it a day
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

and cinnimon cant forget that
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    pretty sure Ben and Jerrys has that on their menu. if not they would probably make it for you
  20. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Hahaha nice!!
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    I'm addicted to shrimp I eat 2-3 lbs a week sometimes I need a 12 step program before I get gout
    You really should do something about that. You know what you do to get rid of gout, right? Pretty much 3 things:

1) avoid protein
    2) cut the affected limb off
    3) die

And actually, not too sure if #2 will treat the condition - it might reappear elsewhere. None of those other options look promising.

On topic, this thread is pretty hilarious.
  22. Diamond Member

23. New Member

Man I really like this thread lol good info from everyone (:
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Had a bit of a breakdown today...ate a half pound of seasoned shrimp....my sponsor is going to be so upset
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  25. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

Regarding #3: Beware! Smuckers and other popular brands make a LOW SUGAR Jam/jelly that is a scam. They list maltodextrin and/or polydextrose as FIBER and NOT sugar. SCAM!

Maltodextrin - This stuff is in everything!

Good luck
    A majority of products that are sweet (or not) claiming to be sugar free are full of maltodextrin. That is not sugar free. Yes, be aware.
  26. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    A majority of products that are sweet (or not) claiming to be sugar free are full of maltodextrin. That is not sugar free. Yes, be aware.
    This also applies to those "sugar free " sweeteners.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

27. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

Yeah!
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NFC View Post
    email TLC so you can have a show about it.
    lol
    T2
  29. Senior Member

i used to be addicted to doughnuts........then m&ms. i feel your pain
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  30. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Screw the honey. Go straight for the maple syrup.
    Damn someone isn't carb cycling...LOL
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 12:26 AM
  2. How to eat Peanut Butter??
    By FilipeBR in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 12:34 AM
  3. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16