I am addicted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

  1. I am addicted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches


    I eat about 4-5 a day and one time I ate a whole loaf of pb&js in under 30 minutes what should I do and if I just have 2-3 a day will it destroy my results I workout twice a day and really intense workouts


  2. I feel your pain. I was same way. It is a triple threat. Sugar and fat in peanut butter. Sugar in the jelly. Even worse is the bread (even whole wheat) that jacks up your insulin levels. It all leaves you with a satisfied, full feeling but is really nothing more than a physical addiction. Drop all wheat and cut way back on sugar. The craving will be enormous for no more than two weeks. After that hunger will be only hunger and not an addiction. The solution I found is PB2 powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat and tastes great! Mix it up and put on a couple of rice cakes and top off with a low fat fruit, like berries. Stopping wheat changed my life, wife too. Damn hard to give up PBJ but you gotta do it! Read some reviews on a book called Wheat Belly and see what you think.

  3. email TLC so you can have a show about it.
    •   
       


  4. Hmmm how about this SANE approach that might work for you.

    1) Nothing "wrong" with peanut butter if not overdone and so have at it.
    2) Skip the bread OR use Trader Joes Low Carb Sprouted Bread (~3 carbs a slice) and it's healthy bread not processed garbage.
    3) Use Walden Farms SUGAR FREE (calorie free) fruit spread. It takes some time to get used to but liek anything else, you will.

    Regarding #3: Beware! Smuckers and other popular brands make a LOW SUGAR Jam/jelly that is a scam. They list maltodextrin and/or polydextrose as FIBER and NOT sugar. SCAM!

    Maltodextrin - This stuff is in everything!

    Good luck
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  5. Thanks guys will try !

  6. I used to require a PB&J in order to fall asleep. Not eating one just ended up me staying up until like 3am staring at the ceiling. Sometimes id make a pb&j big mac, with 3 slices and pb n j on all the inner surfaces.

    Nowadays, as long as i can get that PB taste i can drop the other 2 carby ingredients. If I just need to fill an empty stomach, ill throw in some plain greek yogurt, w/ a scoop of weigh and/or some walden farms caramel/chocolate or strawberry sauce.

  7. Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW

  8. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1
    Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW
    Oh, hell yeah definitely have done that one

  9. You know I have been addicted to those things lately, too. Every cycle I develop a new and short-lived addiction to certain random foods. PB&J is mine right now. But I don't eat 3-5 a day, lol. I only eat 1-2 EOD.

  10. I used to like Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches. Only eat carbs twice a week now. If I ate carbs all week long I'd be as big as a house. Not a brick house either. One of the bouncy house things more likely!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I used to like Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches. Only eat carbs twice a week now. If I ate carbs all week long I'd be as big as a house. Not a brick house either. One of the bouncy house things more likely!
    What u mostly just stick to meat I guess huh. I'm a sucker for p butter and bananas I et em a lot
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    What u mostly just stick to meat I guess huh. I'm a sucker for p butter and bananas I et em a lot

    Yes meat and cheese. I should be eating cruciferous vegetables too but I hardly ever do. I know by now what I should be eating but I don't always follow my own advice. I follow Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Metabolic Diet. Have been following it for years. The old way of eating is just seems inferior to me now.

  13. I'm addicted to shrimp I eat 2-3 lbs a week sometimes I need a 12 step program before I get gout
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  14. Careful with getting kidney stones bro. It happened to me (I used to run that diet 10+ years ago).

    These days, I live get my greens in every meal alongside my meat/protein and add copious doses of lemon (citrate) to thwart the formation of any more stones. I've been successful to date. The Anabolic Diet puts you in a severe state of chronic acidosis wwhen the food choices are not balanced with alkalien ones (which, that diet by and in large does not do). This acidosis can lead to bone demineralization (osteoporosis) and as mentioned, kidney stones.

    As an aside, whey protein is ONE rare protein source that is actually alkaline although I am in no way recommending a whey-protein only diet. Almonds are another but it's difficult to get your daily protein intake from this only as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yes meat and cheese. I should be eating cruciferous vegetables too but I hardly ever do. I know by now what I should be eating but I don't always follow my own advice. I follow Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Metabolic Diet. Have been following it for years. The old way of eating is just seems inferior to me now.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW
    Screw the honey. Go straight for the maple syrup.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  16. pb with honey and banana for the pre work out meal win!

  17. Throw a scoop of ice cream on that bitch and call it a day
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  18. and cinnimon cant forget that

  19. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Throw a scoop of ice cream on that bitch and call it a day
    pretty sure Ben and Jerrys has that on their menu. if not they would probably make it for you

  20. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Throw a scoop of ice cream on that bitch and call it a day
    Hahaha nice!!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    I'm addicted to shrimp I eat 2-3 lbs a week sometimes I need a 12 step program before I get gout
    You really should do something about that. You know what you do to get rid of gout, right? Pretty much 3 things:

    1) avoid protein
    2) cut the affected limb off
    3) die

    And actually, not too sure if #2 will treat the condition - it might reappear elsewhere. None of those other options look promising.

    On topic, this thread is pretty hilarious.

  22. Man I really like this thread lol good info from everyone (:

  23. Had a bit of a breakdown today...ate a half pound of seasoned shrimp....my sponsor is going to be so upset
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  24. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

    Regarding #3: Beware! Smuckers and other popular brands make a LOW SUGAR Jam/jelly that is a scam. They list maltodextrin and/or polydextrose as FIBER and NOT sugar. SCAM!

    Maltodextrin - This stuff is in everything!

    Good luck
    A majority of products that are sweet (or not) claiming to be sugar free are full of maltodextrin. That is not sugar free. Yes, be aware.
    We live in a time where our planet suffers from two epidemics simultaneously - starvation and obesity.

    Look at all these little kids taking care of the music biz, don't their business take good care of me.

    I have the fire, I have the force, I have the power to make my evil take it's course.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn
    A majority of products that are sweet (or not) claiming to be sugar free are full of maltodextrin. That is not sugar free. Yes, be aware.
    This also applies to those "sugar free " sweeteners.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  26. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    Yeah!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by NFC View Post
    email TLC so you can have a show about it.
    lol
    T2

  28. i used to be addicted to doughnuts........then m&ms. i feel your pain
    For me, the action IS the juice.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Screw the honey. Go straight for the maple syrup.
    Damn someone isn't carb cycling...LOL
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 01:26 AM
  2. How to eat Peanut Butter??
    By FilipeBR in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 01:34 AM
  3. Peanut Butter vs Almond Butter
    By footballfam in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
  4. If you like peanut butter...
    By MrBrightside in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Log in
Log in