I am addicted to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

TheB3asT

TheB3asT

Awards
I eat about 4-5 a day and one time I ate a whole loaf of pb&js in under 30 minutes what should I do and if I just have 2-3 a day will it destroy my results I workout twice a day and really intense workouts

ThickabodVein

Awards
I feel your pain. I was same way. It is a triple threat. Sugar and fat in peanut butter. Sugar in the jelly. Even worse is the bread (even whole wheat) that jacks up your insulin levels. It all leaves you with a satisfied, full feeling but is really nothing more than a physical addiction. Drop all wheat and cut way back on sugar. The craving will be enormous for no more than two weeks. After that hunger will be only hunger and not an addiction. The solution I found is PB2 powdered peanut butter with 85% less fat and tastes great! Mix it up and put on a couple of rice cakes and top off with a low fat fruit, like berries. Stopping wheat changed my life, wife too. Damn hard to give up PBJ but you gotta do it! Read some reviews on a book called Wheat Belly and see what you think.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm how about this SANE approach that might work for you.

1) Nothing "wrong" with peanut butter if not overdone and so have at it.
2) Skip the bread OR use Trader Joes Low Carb Sprouted Bread (~3 carbs a slice) and it's healthy bread not processed garbage.
3) Use Walden Farms SUGAR FREE (calorie free) fruit spread. It takes some time to get used to but liek anything else, you will.

Regarding #3: Beware! Smuckers and other popular brands make a LOW SUGAR Jam/jelly that is a scam. They list maltodextrin and/or polydextrose as FIBER and NOT sugar. SCAM!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/172036-maltodextrin-stuff-everything.html

Good luck

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
I used to require a PB&J in order to fall asleep. Not eating one just ended up me staying up until like 3am staring at the ceiling. Sometimes id make a pb&j big mac, with 3 slices and pb n j on all the inner surfaces.

Nowadays, as long as i can get that PB taste i can drop the other 2 carby ingredients. If I just need to fill an empty stomach, ill throw in some plain greek yogurt, w/ a scoop of weigh and/or some walden farms caramel/chocolate or strawberry sauce.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I have been addicted to those things lately, too. Every cycle I develop a new and short-lived addiction to certain random foods. PB&J is mine right now. But I don't eat 3-5 a day, lol. I only eat 1-2 EOD.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to like Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches. Only eat carbs twice a week now. If I ate carbs all week long I'd be as big as a house. Not a brick house either. One of the bouncy house things more likely!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I used to like Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches. Only eat carbs twice a week now. If I ate carbs all week long I'd be as big as a house. Not a brick house either. One of the bouncy house things more likely!
What u mostly just stick to meat I guess huh. I'm a sucker for p butter and bananas I et em a lot

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What u mostly just stick to meat I guess huh. I'm a sucker for p butter and bananas I et em a lot

Yes meat and cheese. I should be eating cruciferous vegetables too but I hardly ever do. I know by now what I should be eating but I don't always follow my own advice. I follow Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Metabolic Diet. Have been following it for years. The old way of eating is just seems inferior to me now.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm addicted to shrimp I eat 2-3 lbs a week sometimes :( I need a 12 step program before I get gout

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Careful with getting kidney stones bro. It happened to me (I used to run that diet 10+ years ago).

These days, I live get my greens in every meal alongside my meat/protein and add copious doses of lemon (citrate) to thwart the formation of any more stones. I've been successful to date. The Anabolic Diet puts you in a severe state of chronic acidosis wwhen the food choices are not balanced with alkalien ones (which, that diet by and in large does not do). This acidosis can lead to bone demineralization (osteoporosis) and as mentioned, kidney stones.

As an aside, whey protein is ONE rare protein source that is actually alkaline although I am in no way recommending a whey-protein only diet. Almonds are another but it's difficult to get your daily protein intake from this only as well.

Yes meat and cheese. I should be eating cruciferous vegetables too but I hardly ever do. I know by now what I should be eating but I don't always follow my own advice. I follow Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale's Metabolic Diet. Have been following it for years. The old way of eating is just seems inferior to me now.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you complaining? I mean nothing wrong with PBJ. I tell you what will blow your mind. Try PBJ and add a drizzle of honey on the PB. WOWWWW
Screw the honey. Go straight for the maple syrup.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
pb with honey and banana for the pre work out meal win!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Throw a scoop of ice cream on that bitch and call it a day

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm addicted to shrimp I eat 2-3 lbs a week sometimes :( I need a 12 step program before I get gout
You really should do something about that. You know what you do to get rid of gout, right? Pretty much 3 things:

1) avoid protein
2) cut the affected limb off
3) die

And actually, not too sure if #2 will treat the condition - it might reappear elsewhere. None of those other options look promising.

On topic, this thread is pretty hilarious.

TheB3asT

TheB3asT

Awards
Man I really like this thread lol good info from everyone :)

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a bit of a breakdown today...ate a half pound of seasoned shrimp....my sponsor is going to be so upset

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A majority of products that are sweet (or not) claiming to be sugar free are full of maltodextrin. That is not sugar free. Yes, be aware.
This also applies to those "sugar free " sweeteners.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i used to be addicted to doughnuts........then m&ms. i feel your pain