Post workout?

  1. Post workout?


    Is fat really bad post workout?? I love pb in my shakes.....


  2. it can depend on your goals. but no. unless its alot

  3. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    it can depend on your goals. but no. unless its alot
    Like 15 grams
    •   
       


  4. how many saturated?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    how many saturated?
    It's from natty pb so it can't be more than 2 grams...

  6. you should be fine. nattys pb has a good amount of healthy fats which also help with bodily function.

    its ok to eat fats you just have to eat them at the right time. (food timing)


    *

  7. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    your fine. nattys pb has a good amount of healthy fats which also help with bodily function.

    its ok to eat fats you just have to eat them at the right time. (food timing)
    I'm def into healthy fats throughout the day...... I just always read that fats immediately post workout are not ideal....

  8. As long as your not intaking to much fat throughout the entire day go for it

  9. Quote Originally Posted by 0071982WC View Post
    I'm def into healthy fats throughout the day...... I just always read that fats immediately post workout are not ideal....

    I understood the question wrong. Fats aren't necessarily bad but eating fat can actually decrease the effectiveness of your post workout. Since fat slows down transit through the stomach eating fat during the post workout period may slow the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates and proteins.

  10. if your going to have your pb shake i would do this and hour to 2 hours after workout. you want rapid delivery of carbs and protein to muscle right after. sorry bout that

  11. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    if your going to have your pb shake i would do this and hour to 2 hours after workout. you want rapid delivery of carbs and protein to muscle right after. sorry bout that
    Cool, no worries bro. I appreciate the feedback!

  12. Nope....lots of debate on how your body consumes its nutrients but fat, at ANY time of the day, is never a bad idea. Assuming its healthy fats of course.


    Either the case, the best time to eat something and have it hardly count against you (work against you) would be around your workout. Rather its before or after.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 12:12 PM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Log in
Log in