Carb question.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh jeezus...I have been doing carb cycling and my low carb days are killing me as of lately soooo....I'm re introducing carbs need advice.I just hit 8% body fat from 11.is 1 to 2 g's per pound of body weight a good ratio for minimal fat gain?(info needed for when I say good bye to this cutt)Note:I prefer the grams per body weight instead of the % of calories or the "fist full of carbs"thing.The math works easier for my stupid head this way.

Thanks.

Edited for clarification

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
It's more important what kind of carb you eat. I do one day no carbs except veggies in three of my six meals, then only sixty % of body weight in three meals of six, and third day high carb w only requirement is I eat a piece of fruit prior to my main carbs four meals of six...repeat.
It's worked great for me.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's more important what kind of carb you eat. I do one day no carbs except veggies in three of my six meals, then only sixty % of body weight in three meals of six, and third day high carb w only requirement is I eat a piece of fruit prior to my main carbs four meals of six...repeat.
It's worked great for me.
You are brave my friend.1 day NO carbs.I can't do that.No carb would be expensive as hell given my height also I don't do well on low carbs in the energy department.I'm at my goal BF]My low carb days were still around 50 to 80 carbs.My high days were from 250 to 350.I'm not carb sensitive.I think I should clarify that I'm planing on re introducing carbs and 350 carbs mite be a bit much but I was wondering a good gram per pound ratio is.

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Myfitnesspal app is good too. Check it out. Been using it for last couple days. It'll get you pretty close to where you want to be...everyone is different though. You'll get in the ballpark.

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
Also, I would gradually move up in my carbs--slowly increasing week by week.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You are brave my friend.1 day NO carbs.I can't do that.No carb would be expensive as hell given my height also I don't do well on low carbs in the energy department.I'm at my goal BF]My low carb days were still around 50 to 80 carbs.My high days were from 250 to 350.I'm not carb sensitive.I think I should clarify that I'm planing on re introducing carbs and 350 carbs mite be a bit much but I was wondering a good gram per pound ratio is.
It's a mental battle my friend. Just have to train yourself. The benefit is much greater than the struggle

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
It's a mental battle my friend. Just have to train yourself. The benefit is much greater than the struggle
Yeah. The body is very resilient--it'll do what it has to. The will is what fails us...

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just have a hard time cutting.Not because it's hard but because I lost 70 lbs (scale weight and probably 10-20% body fat) when I was in highschool.It's hard to get down to 7% then go back to higher bodyfat(about 12%) and now I'm at 8.Been training for coming up on 5 years haha.3 and a half to 4 of those were serious serious training.

ilovechoclate

ilovechoclate

Awards
You'd be surprised just how much fat you can loose with a high carb diet. For the most part it's just calories in v.s. calories out.

In your case your body fat is already REALLY low. It's a personal decision. If you want to get even MORE shredded you will have to continue to take out starchy carbs and replace them with green leafy vegetables. Having lower body fat then you have now is NOT sustainable. Even body builders don't look like that year round.

Best thing to focus on is to enjoy and maintain the body fat you have till now, then focus on going through some hell to look extra diced for certain occasions rather it be spring break, summer, or personal event.