Diet while on vacation?

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
Do you guys eat clean and still keep macros in check on say 3 weeks or a month vacation?

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm always doing a "dirty bulk" on vacation :)

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
I tried that the last time basically eat everything in sight on top of that 20+ bottles of regular beer plus some tequila almost every single day got me fat in no time so this time I'm thingking of packing some oatmeal protein powder and bars this time

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Lol... when on vacation, I typically eat one all out meal a day and am good with steak salads or good sandwich shop sandwich for the other meals,,,the need for protein is always a good excuse to go out for a steak :

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Man i've been on a vaction in years alot has to do with eating.I hate eating out for one i might 2x a month mainly because my trainer wants me to.

I just feel better eating my own meals i make so i know im getting the macros i need,dont get me wrong i do enjoy eating out i dont take it as a cheat meal but get as close as i think the cals,macros are to my regular meal(unless need to make up cals from week)then i just get salad dressing,use some butter(never use it)or extra veggies/fat.

A month vaction would kill me!I'd be broke from eating out(eat alot)and mostly places are all pizza joints,subshops,ice-cream parlors,ect...

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
Its hard .. even for a few days .. I bring stuff with me and buy whey locally if I am gonna be gone for awhile .. always have a blender cup with me .. restaurants will serve sauces on the side, substitute veggies for potatoes, etc .. almost all hotels and resorts have treadmills at least .. I bring BCAA's and do modified fasting when I have issues finding suitable foods .. lots of water

Strygwyr

Strygwyr

Awards
I think this time I'll try to bring essentials its just the place I stay/ family lives is close to a former us military base outside the country so it's all strips clubs and bars 1 after the other and seems like everyone asleep in the morning and awake at night so almost all foods are unhealthy on top of that my cousin owns a strip club so basically I'll go to bed drunk on the morning wake up in the afternoon to start drinking again.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I try to eat as clean as possible but still ingest some quality cheat or binge meals without feeling bad about it when on a vacation, after all it is vacation.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Hell,, unless you're an actual professional body builder and that is how you make your living, try not to take this too seriously,,, enjoying life is #1

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Hell,, unless you're an actual professional body builder and that is how you make your living, try not to take this too seriously,,, enjoying life is #1
I know my man,its so hard for me to give in just like that(im by no means a bodybuilder)im just a country guy that got in amazing shape with the help of a truly gifted trainer,training hard /intense,eating clean,and most important desire(except when overtrained)and determenation

Life is the most important thing to live!To enjoy it is priceless,i need it back!!!!All i do is train and eat.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I know when I go on vacation (only for a week to 10 days this year).....I'm gonna do a shake in the morning after I wake up (~50 grams protein) and a shake before bed (another 50 grams protein)......for lunch I'll do a roast beef sandwich, packed with top loin beef.....dinner I'll do a steak and cheese sub, again packed with real steak....both of those sandwiches are a solid 60 grams protein each....and maybe a little snack here and there. I'll be looking at about 2,000-2,400 cals and 200-230 grams protein. Beautiful :D and it all tastes good as fuq and I'll have no problem eating it every day. Oh and of course at least one day gotta go to the pizza place for cheat day/meal lol

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
if it's a 3 to 4 week vacation i don't think you want to let yourself completely go. i'd try and diet a least a few days a week. get a couple workouts and 3 or more good cardio sessions.. and **** the rest

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Eat one "anything goes" meal every day,,, otherwise eat light ... like I said before,, nothing wrong with eating steak everyday!! :)

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
yeah, nothing wrong with steak..even on a diet.. just don't eat it with cream of spinach, french fries or lots of bread

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
yeah, nothing wrong with steak..even on a diet.. just don't eat it with cream of spinach, french fries or lots of bread
Baked sweet potatoes rock!! Just don't get the cinnamon and sugar with marshmallows

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
if i eat steak, i like the fatty cuts.. so i stay away from any carbs..

but on another note.. you may want to bring a bottle of enzymes with you to break down those big meals

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Eat one "anything goes" meal every day,,, otherwise eat light ... like I said before,, nothing wrong with eating steak everyday!! :)
that is sort of the basis of my "plan"......sliced steak in the steak and cheese, roasted top loin beef in the RB sandwich, of course breads and cheeses....and protein powder....lotsa protein....but I usually eat some sort of beef every day anyways, 90% of the time I'd say....nevermind vacation :D

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
It's called vacation for a reason I think. As long as you don't go apesht you'll be fine. I usually keep protein and fat high to make room for more alcohol. :)

ilovechoclate

ilovechoclate

Awards
I never worry about macros to began with. I just pay more attention to my carb intake depending on my current goals.....

On vacation ? Depends....you still going to continue to train? If so you can slip up and go into 'maintenance' mode for the sake of letting loose on vacation. Not exercising? I'd keep it much more strict....but hey, its YOUR body. Do whatever you wanna do.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be lucky to make it 24 hours on vacation sticking to macros. I do try to eat healthy, and get enough protein in. But that part isn't the issue, its usually the waterfall of carbs. Last year on a week in puerto rico I gained 7-8lbs. Didn't eat terribly bad, but must have had at least a pineapple and a coconut a day, plus rice, beans, plantains, wheeeeew

Spartan32

Awards
it's okay to give yourself a day, 2 max in a given week to spoil yourself but just because your on vacation doesn't mean your diet is. if this vacation was only a week long it would be no big deal but a month? that's some serious time, it will be a hard transition back if you don't stay committed.