Should you eat protein every 2-3 hours for muscle growth?
- 03-24-2012, 06:55 PM
- 03-24-2012, 07:06 PM
hahaa atta boyA-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction" Proverbs 1:7
03-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Once I stopped stressing about the need to eat every 2-3 hours, I progressed at a much faster rate and with less fat gain during gain cycles. Not scientific, but a real world experience.
03-28-2012, 03:00 PM
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
03-28-2012, 06:10 PM
03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
04-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I love these discussions! Why? because they reveal two things that have always surprised me about health and fitness:
1. It is shocking how little we know about our own bodies, particularly metabolism and the endocrine system. There have been so many studies, but so few with concrete, absolute findings. This is a subject I enjoy researching and reading scientific articles on, and the only conclusion I have come to is we really dont know jack about the way our body works...
2. It is amazing how diverse people are. For years we have heard the preaching about eating every 2-3 hours, and obviously this works well for many. What is more amazing is the people who lead rough lifestyles, eating "dirty" meals once or twice a day, and are yoked as hell from the work they do. Really makes you wonder if we place too much emphasis on the what/when of nutrition and not enough on working out so intensely that our bodies have no choice but to do everything they can with the food they have.
To throw in some opinions which some might not like, I think lean gains / IF is not a miracle diet that was a genius invention, but rather telling people to eat the way their bodies wanted them to eat all along. Obviously this is only true for a certain number of people whose bodies happen to work this way, and these are the people who have had such great luck on LG. Personally I have never attempted to follow it, but my body definitely prefers to eat this way. I have no appetite whatsoever from the time I wake up to about 4 hours later. If I eat when I'm hungry, I end up eating nearly constantly from about noon till 8 pm, then fasting till noon the next day. When i did try a bulk eating every 2-3 hours, I did make some great gains, but I didn't feel very good for the entire cycle
anywho, just my $0.02
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
04-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 16Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:07 PM
- By MAxximal in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2010, 07:39 AM
- By noctorum in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 08-24-2005, 10:03 AM
- By Dwight Schrute in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 12Last Post: 11-24-2004, 02:46 AM