Cinnamon

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
I really enjoy adding ground cinnamon to my post workout shake. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this? The reason I ask is because I believe it affects blood sugar....

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
After training, insulin sensitivity is already good, cinnamon drops the insulin load of the food, but you want the insulin effect to kick start repair/growth/anabolism.
Try it (if you want) and give it a good 1month, if not working, take it out and Assess

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Well said, thanks bro. I'm probably best just using it in my post cardio shake.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
After training, insulin sensitivity is already good, cinnamon drops the insulin load of the food, but you want the insulin effect to kick start repair/growth/anabolism.
Try it (if you want) and give it a good 1month, if not working, take it out and Assess
Wow. This aussie knows what he's talking about. Great info on the cinnamon. Repped

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've found that cinnamon makes me run to the toilet within 30 minutes of ingestion. Cinnamon extract in glycobol, no-explode, or even cinnamon added to my coffee at Starbucks has this effect.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
S

staple

Awards
cinnamon has some positive health benefits that probably outweigh the probably very minor impact it could have in hindering muscle growth

D

djdarklyceum

Awards
like for those who are insulin resistant, this helps break down the process. like runner_79 said it works wonders for your intake.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
like for those who are insulin resistant, this helps break down the process. like runner_79 said it works wonders for your intake.
Mike Mahler did a report on SHR. 1 metric teaspoon (actual measured) is the right dosage. Name is Chris. And no probs...

-Chris