Need some advice for fitting in all my protein

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Need some advice for fitting in all my protein

So lately I have been getting very nauseous from my protein shakes...

My day consists of:

7:00 am - get up
    7:30 am - breakfast consisting of 5-6 eggs (mostly whites) and a piece of WH toast or a Meal Replacement Shake (24 g protein, 24 g carbs)
    10:00 am - pre-workout protein shake w/creatine and half of a sweetpotato
    11:15 - workout
    12:30-12:45 pm - post-workout shake and a banana
    1:30 - chicken breast and 1 cup of WH pasta (just hot sauce)
    4:00 - 6 oz greek yogurt
    7:00 - supper (meat and veggies - no carbs)
    10:00 - protein shake (casein)

My current goal is cutting weight so I am eating around 250g protein, 150g carbs, 30g fat

My first question is does anyone see any issues with this current eating plan for cutting

The biggest thing is what changes can I make pre and post workout to avoid the nausea. Before I was eating almonds and a 2% cheese stick but ditched it for the protein and sweetpotato but its killing me. I workout on my lunch break so I cannot change that and I am never hungry it at least 10 am due to the eggs.

I hope someone with a lot more knowledge on nutrition will chime in. I have tried to research for myself but you get so many conflicting ideas

Thanks guys.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

eat your yolks!!!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    eat your yolks!!!
    Trying to avoid the sat fat
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.

but the yolk is full of goody goodness!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    So lately I have been getting very nauseous from my protein shakes...

My day consists of:

7:00 am - get up
    7:30 am - breakfast consisting of 5-6 eggs (mostly whites) and a piece of WH toast or a Meal Replacement Shake (24 g protein, 24 g carbs)
    10:00 am - pre-workout protein shake w/creatine and half of a sweetpotato
    11:15 - workout
    12:30-12:45 pm - post-workout shake and a banana
    1:30 - chicken breast and 1 cup of WH pasta (just hot sauce)
    4:00 - 6 oz greek yogurt
    7:00 - supper (meat and veggies - no carbs)
    10:00 - protein shake (casein)

My current goal is cutting weight so I am eating around 250g protein, 150g carbs, 30g fat

My first question is does anyone see any issues with this current eating plan for cutting

The biggest thing is what changes can I make pre and post workout to avoid the nausea. Before I was eating almonds and a 2% cheese stick but ditched it for the protein and sweetpotato but its killing me. I workout on my lunch break so I cannot change that and I am never hungry it at least 10 am due to the eggs.

I hope someone with a lot more knowledge on nutrition will chime in. I have tried to research for myself but you get so many conflicting ideas

Thanks guys.
    First off, how much do you weigh?
    Secondly, are you 100% sure its the protein shakes that are causing the nausea and not being dehydrated? If it is the protein shakes, are you having a reaction to the type of protein used?

Also, you dont need to shy away from sat fat. Sat fat (in moderation) keeps t-levels up.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

One 15oz can of salmon has 150g of protein,, scrambled with some eggs it goes down fairly east
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Eggs only have @ 7g protein each ... I use www.sparkpeople.com calorie counter,, super easy and they have a phn app
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

**PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE RESPONDS**

Current weight is 213. I forgot a key piece of information. I am using cellucor C4 extreme as my preworkout energy. So the problem is I am unable to drink a protein shake (10:00 am) and use my preworkout shake (taken about 10:45) without getting nauseous. On my cardio days I do not use the C4 and do not have the nausea. Also I can take the C4 on days when I do not drink a protein shake beforehand and I do not have any issues. So its really the combo of the two. I cannot believe I forgot this bit of info. So with that being said is there an alternative preworkout energy drink that is not as harsh on the system. I really love the C4 it help so much with my intensity. What is more important the intensity gained from the C4 or the protein preworkout. I do drink a shake immediately after my workout as well.

Thanks
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

**PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE RESPONDS**

Current weight is 213. I forgot a key piece of information. I am using cellucor C4 extreme as my preworkout energy. So the problem is I am unable to drink a protein shake (10:00 am) and use my preworkout shake (taken about 10:45) without getting nauseous. On my cardio days I do not use the C4 and do not have the nausea. Also I can take the C4 on days when I do not drink a protein shake beforehand and I do not have any issues. So its really the combo of the two. I cannot believe I forgot this bit of info. So with that being said is there an alternative preworkout energy drink that is not as harsh on the system. I really love the C4 it help so much with my intensity. What is more important the intensity gained from the C4 or the protein preworkout. I do drink a shake immediately after my workout as well.

Thanks
    What type of protein are you using
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thestein1016 View Post
    What type of protein are you using
    Dymatize ISO-100 Hydrolyzed Whey - taste like crap btw. I was using MusclePharm Combat Power which is a blended protein and tasted amazing.However, I never took it and the C4 together so I do not know if the effect (nausea) would be the same.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Whatever happened to a quad espresso as a preworkout?
    Throw in a lot of sugar and you'll get a hell of a pump from the insulin.....
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Not really sure about your case. However, a pre-workout shake isnt really necessary. If its the combination of pre-workout and protein that is causing the headache, you might want to ditch the protein shake and just take the pre-workout. Then after, take your post workout if it doesnt bug you.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Not really sure about your case. However, a pre-workout shake isnt really necessary. If its the combination of pre-workout and protein that is causing the headache, you might want to ditch the protein shake and just take the pre-workout. Then after, take your post workout if it doesnt bug you.
    Yeah I may be able to just eat a little something that is high in protein. The whole problem is I am trying to hit 250 grams of protein, still be able to take my pre-workout shake and stay around 1800-2000 calories.

What are some ideas for a small preworkout meal that will provide a decent amt of both carbs and protein. I will continue drinking my post-workout shake as I have not had any issues thus far.

Thanks for all the help men!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by grngoloco View Post
    Whatever happened to a quad espresso as a preworkout?
    Throw in a lot of sugar and you'll get a hell of a pump from the insulin.....
    Dont worry I get my caffeine quota for the day. About 320 grams right now counting the coffee and 2x dose of C4
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mondata

Yeah I may be able to just eat a little something that is high in protein. The whole problem is I am trying to hit 250 grams of protein, still be able to take my pre-workout shake and stay around 1800-2000 calories.

What are some ideas for a small preworkout meal that will provide a decent amt of both carbs and protein. I will continue drinking my post-workout shake as I have not had any issues thus far.

Thanks for all the help men!
    Sardine sandwich... I love them.... mashed sardines with capers, onions and celery .. a little olive oil and.vinegar for flavor
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Chicken or Eggs with rye bread and some jam if you need/want the sugar.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Sardine sandwich... I love them.... mashed sardines with capers, onions and celery .. a little olive oil and.vinegar for flavor
    I just threw up a little (again) lol
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Chicken or Eggs with rye bread and some jam if you need/want the sugar.
    Yeah I am already doing eggs and chicken every day but I like the jam and rye bread idea for some simple and complex carbs. I just need to figure out a tasty protein source not named eggs or chicken.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Yeah I am already doing eggs and chicken every day but I like the jam and rye bread idea for some simple and complex carbs. I just need to figure out a tasty protein source not named eggs or chicken.
    Tilapia
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Almond butter .... and again,, canned fish is easy to take on the go and awesome for ypu
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Tilapia
    Yeah the problem is I am at work so it has to be something I can just grab and down quickly. If it wasn't for all the extra fat calories I would go with some almond butter or natural peanut butter on toast with jelly. Might could get by with it anyways. I eat fish 1-2x weekly usually tilapia or salmon. In general I have always eaten fairly cleanly its just now I am actually trying to get my required protein in while cutting to avoid as much muscle loss as possible.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Almond butter .... and again,, canned fish is easy to take on the go and awesome for ypu
    Crap I just replied but it did not go through. Anyways I was saying it has to be something I can just grab and eat quickly as I am at work and sometimes that is in the office and other times its in the field or on the road. My wife and I have always eaten clean. I eat fish a few times a week. I said in the other (that did not go through) that I would eat a piece of toast with simply fruit jelly and some almond butter or all natural peanut butter but was worried about the extra fat calories but I think I could get by with it pre-workout
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

One 15oz can of salmon has 150g of protein,, scrambled with some eggs it goes down fairly east
    A 15oz of salmon has;
    Calories
    Fat
    26.71g
    Carbs
    0g
    Protein
    87.47g
    Know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything's different. -Bill Watterson
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AForney
    A 15oz of salmon has;
    Calories
    Fat
    26.71g
    Carbs
    0g
    Protein
    87.47g
    Damn!! You're right,, I was going off memory,,, so much for my memory,,, hahaha
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Instead of making a breakfast meal of whole foods (i.e, eggs), why not just make that a time when you drink a shake?

I've been drinking these shakes for over two years solid, just about every day and I've been able to stay in good shape. I mostly like them because they're convenient and nutritious.

1.) Grind up 1/2 cups oats in blender or electronic coffee grinder... The goal is to have powdered oats
    2.) Add milk (I recommend at least 1.25 cups)
    3.) Add banana
    4.) Add scoop of whey protein or protein blend (blend would work great, but whey works just as well with the milk and oats).
    5.) Blend

You could lessen the ingredients if you want less calories. But even when I'm cutting, I prefer more calories early and then taper off during the day.

Something like this could solve your not being hungry problem due to eating eggs early in the morning. I used to wake up and make big breakfasts when I was bulking... Eggs, toast, oats, fruit, milk. It would take me 10 minutes to make it and then at least 10 minutes to eat it. Then I realized I could just blend up some stuff to make a shake and drink that same amount of calories instead of eating it... Make a shake in 2 minutes, takes 30 seconds to drink and you can make them with whatever you want. I usually make mine about 600-700 calories with the only fat coming from the milk.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Type O Hero View Post
    Instead of making a breakfast meal of whole foods (i.e, eggs), why not just make that a time when you drink a shake?

I've been drinking these shakes for over two years solid, just about every day and I've been able to stay in good shape. I mostly like them because they're convenient and nutritious.

1.) Grind up 1/2 cups oats in blender or electronic coffee grinder... The goal is to have powdered oats
    2.) Add milk (I recommend at least 1.25 cups)
    3.) Add banana
    4.) Add scoop of whey protein or protein blend (blend would work great, but whey works just as well with the milk and oats).
    5.) Blend

You could lessen the ingredients if you want less calories. But even when I'm cutting, I prefer more calories early and then taper off during the day.

Something like this could solve your not being hungry problem due to eating eggs early in the morning. I used to wake up and make big breakfasts when I was bulking... Eggs, toast, oats, fruit, milk. It would take me 10 minutes to make it and then at least 10 minutes to eat it. Then I realized I could just blend up some stuff to make a shake and drink that same amount of calories instead of eating it... Make a shake in 2 minutes, takes 30 seconds to drink and you can make them with whatever you want. I usually make mine about 600-700 calories with the only fat coming from the milk.
    I will have to give them a try. I use to do shakes similar to this all the time. I don't mind fixing the eggs and toast but I will probably alternate in some shakes to keep from getting burnt out. The biggest issue for me is still pre-workout nutrition.
  27. Registered User

Eggs only have @ 7g protein each ... I use www.sparkpeople.com calorie counter,, super easy and they have a phn app

i don't want to add insult to injury here but, the yolk contains about 40% of the protein in an egg.

looks like you have another shake to drink! or you can not be a weirdo and eat the whole egg...
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast

i don't want to add insult to injury here but, the yolk contains about 40% of the protein in an egg.

looks like you have another shake to drink! or you can not be a weirdo and eat the whole egg...
    I always eat the whole egg.
    ..lol... let the hippies eat whites only
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast

I've read before that the proteins in the yolk are super fragile,,, I add raw whites to my shakes,, blend it, ,, then add in the yolks I separated earlier,, barely fold them in then drink it
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    There is nothing wrong with eating the entire egg as most of the time I do but while on a cut I need to lower all the saturated fat in my diet and an easy way to do that is to eat only the whites. I buy 100% egg whites and just use those plus I add a whole egg or two into the mix. I would never buy eggs and throw away the yolks. To each his own.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. fitting 4 day split into 3 days..please help
    By luka5 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 04:18 PM
  2. best fitting/quality t-shirt
    By dynomite in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 08:14 PM
  3. Opportunity with clothes fitting
    By John Smeton in forum General Chat