Detox

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    I'm open to hearing why u feel this way. I'm no vegan LOL trust me. But I do believe that's the healthiest way to live.
    Being a vegan isnt intrinsticly healthier for you.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex View Post
    Hmmmmm I may try this... Need a juicer tho... My blender is horrible! I should just get rid of it (but it's my roomies)

What fruits/veggies/herbs do u recommend? Also how many "shakes" a day? Lastly what about protein intake for the day? (I do have some elite vanilla protein powder)

I'm hypoglycemic so I really have I b careful with any type of diet/fasting or my blood sugar may abruptly crash n I black out.

Thanks!
    I heard this is the best juicer around. It's a little pricey but the reviews on this thing top any juicer I've seen
    http://www.myhealthmaster.com/
    •   

3. How do u explain the labs then , showing cancer growth going up and down in direct correlation with animal based vs plant based diets. And with out getting into all the science data I mean its it obvious. Ingenious people with veggie based diets not sick. Everyone else sick LOL. Im not one to personally believe all animal products are directly bad for u. But that the portion should be much much smaller. And if what ur saying is that the study is bogus how do explain the gerson theroy... it works!! I never heard someone cure cancer with an animal based diet LOL.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

Being a vegan isnt intrinsticly healthier for you.
    I dated a vegan once. She didn't eat meat but she sho liked the bone.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    How do explain the labs then , showing cancer growth going up and down in direct correlation with animal based vs plant based diet.
    did you read my post? The correlation between animal protein and cancer does not exist

Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    And with out getting into all the science data I mean its it obvious.
    so let me guess this straight, you want to cite a study to try and prove your point but dont want to get into a discussion about the science of said study? lol..

Ingenious people with veggie based diet not sick. Everyone else sick LOL.
    Indigenous people ate meat.
    PESCIENCE.COM

•   

6. Did I open a can of worms? Lol

I do have one brief thing to say... Humans are omnivores but if u look at studies showing the breakdown of our digestive track. i.e. our long g.i. Track is designed for being an herbivore. Yet we do have incisors like carnivores and out flat molars like herbivores. We can eat meat but our bodies run more smoothly if we have more of a vegetarian style diet.

As for vegans. I kno plenty that are anything but skin n bone. Vegans do have to be more meticulous with what they eat and what they add to their food to ensure that they get the nutrients their bodies need.

As for the correlational study... Was this proteins simply from plants and animal? Or having protein thru consumption of meat vs vegetables... If its this then is it thru consumption of organic meat vs organic veggies protein in correlation to cancer. Bc correlational studies are not cause n effect n don't take in other factors associated with those variables. (i.e. vegetables with pesticides... Pesticides increasing chance of having gene mutations and causing cancer later in life)

7. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

did you read my post? The correlation between animal protein and cancer does not exist

so let me guess this straight, you want to cite a study to try and prove your point but dont want to get into a discussion about the science of said study? lol..

Indigenous people ate meat.
    What I was trying to say is I don't trust your explanation of the scientific data. There are labs done that show correlation between cancer n meat n dairy. Illcpost it when I find it. You make it seem like u have a point but u really don't. You can't come up with why the gersons theroy works. Do u understand exactly what organic fruits n veggies do when they are consumed?

Like I said I'm not a vegan advocate or saying meat is bad for you. Just saying there are some things we can learn. Don't get urself all worked up bro were all on the same team hear LOL..

8. Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex
    Did I open a can of worms? Lol

I do have one brief thing to say... Humans are omnivores but if u look at studies showing the breakdown of our digestive track. i.e. our long g.i. Track is designed for being an herbivore. Yet we do have incisors like carnivores and out flat molars like herbivores. We can eat meat but our bodies run more smoothly if we have more of a vegetarian style diet.

As for vegans. I kno plenty that are anything but skin n bone. Vegans do have to be more meticulous with what they eat and what they add to their food to ensure that they get the nutrients their bodies need.

As for the correlational study... Was this proteins simply from plants and animal? Or having protein thru consumption of meat vs vegetables... If its this then is it thru consumption of organic meat vs organic veggies protein in correlation to cancer. Bc correlational studies are not cause n effect n don't take in other factors associated with those variables. (i.e. vegetables with pesticides... Pesticides increasing chance of having gene mutations and causing cancer later in life)
    Ill have to look into that. I agree with you. I believe the study shows cancer mortality rates and diet. As far as is it organic Idk. And that is a factor. It may be safe to say yes because the where the studies were conducted these people were really farming for themselves to eat for to sell in huge amounts.

9. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    What I was trying to say is I don't trust your explanation of the scientific data.
    what dont you trust?

There are labs done that show correlation between cancer n meat n dairy. Illcpost it when I find it.
    Please cite them then because this is not what the china study proves.

You make it seem like u have a point but u really don't.
    My point is, being vegan/vegetarian does not offer any intrinsic health benefits over an omnivores diet. My second point, animal protein is not directly linked to cancer.

You can't come up with why the gersons theroy works.
    the gersons theory is nothing more then quackery and pseudoscience. There are no evidence that support his claims.

Do u understand exactly what organic fruits n veggies do when they are consumed?
    I eat locally and mostly organic but dont know what this has to do with anything. What I was responding to was the claim animal protein leads to cancer, which is false.

Like I said I'm not a vegan advocate or saying meat is bad for you. Just saying there are some things we can learn. Don't get urself all worked up bro were all on the same team hear LOL..
    Not worked up the least bit, I am just trying to stop the spread of misinformation
    PESCIENCE.COM

10. On the subject of health benefits. Basing your diet on eating fruits might have quite opposite effect. At least according to this study:

Long-term fructose consumption accelerates glycation and several age-related variables in male rats.

Levi B, et al. Show all

J Nutr. 1998 Sep;128(9):1442-9.

Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.

Abstract Fructose intake has increased steadily during the past two decades. Fructose, like other reducing sugars, can react with proteins through the Maillard reaction (glycation), which may account for several complications of diabetes mellitus and accelerating aging. In this study, we evaluated the effect of fructose intake on some age-related variables. Rats were fed for 1 y a commercial nonpurified diet, and had free access to water or 250 g/L solutions of fructose, glucose or sucrose. Early glycation products were evaluated by blood glycated hemoglobin and fructosamine concentrations. Lipid peroxidation was estimated by urine thiobarbituric reactive substances. Skin collagen crosslinking was evaluated by solubilization in natural salt or diluted acetic acid solutions, and by the ratio between beta- and alpha-collagen chains. Advanced glycation end products were evaluated by collagen-linked fluorescence in bones. The ratio between type-III and type-I collagens served as an aging variable and was measured in denatured skin collagen. The tested sugars had no effect on plasma glucose concentrations. Blood fructose, cholesterol, fructosamine and glycated hemoglobin levels, and urine lipid peroxidation products were significantly higher in fructose-fed rats compared with the other sugar-fed and control rats. Acid-soluble collagen and the type-III to type-I ratio were significantly lower, whereas insoluble collagen, the beta to alpha ratio and collagen-bound fluorescence at 335/385 nm (excitation/emission) were significantly higher in fructose-fed rats than in the other groups. The data suggest that long-term fructose consumption induces adverse effects on aging; further studies are required to clarify the precise role of fructose in the aging process.
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html

11. I'm a little confused here, I want to do this fruit/veggie detox but no protein source? Wouldn't that mean one would lose considerable size and strength?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Fast90
    I'm a little confused here, I want to do this fruit/veggie detox but no protein source? Wouldn't that mean one would lose considerable size and strength?
    It depends on your genetics. And you will be fasting..so u will lose some size. How ever numerous studies show fasting to be good for you. Its like lance Armstrong said. When he got cancer he lost all his muscles. He wasn't really like the best biker before .. but then as he trained and got strong he said my muscles came back but they came back different. As in a good way he went on to win 7 times. So the theory is when u kinda drain ur muscles of glycogen, and starve them per say, then u start training again n dieting they will come back stronger more dense.. different in a good way.

13. Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex View Post
    This is when I wish I had a kitchen n fridge stocked like on a food network show... "now let me just go to the fridge and grab some kale and cucumbers... Mixed berries... Ah n here they are!" : P
    I played out your food network show in my mind with Martha Stewart voice. Thanks for the laughs. Juices are great though, my friend's mom has always been a health nut so when I'd go over to his house i'd always be trying crazy, well what I thought was crazy concoctions of things
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx

I played out your food network show in my mind with Martha Stewart voice.
    We have Nigella on that side of pond ;-)

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  31.3 KB

Name:  15.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  32.5 KB
    Check out my current log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/195262-iforce-tropinol-testabolan.html

15. Quote Originally Posted by UKNoko View Post
    We have Nigella on that side of pond ;-)

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  31.3 KB

Name:  15.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  32.5 KB
    MUCH PREFERRED OVER MARTHA
    I don't go lift, I don't go workout, I don't go train....I go get sexy....sexy as fwuark!!!!!!!!!

16. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    Its like lance Armstrong said. When he got cancer he lost all his muscles. He wasn't really like the best biker before .. but then as he trained and got strong he said my muscles came back but they came back different. As in a good way he went on to win 7 times. So the theroy is when u kinda drain ur muscles of glycogen and starve them per say when u start training again n dieting they will come back stronger more dense different in a good way.
    It is often said he lost around 20lbs from his upper body which helped him tremendously. Upper body is dead weight in cycling. There are others things that could have helped, like his mental state and his determination.

The theory of "muscle coming back more stronger and dense" is just a bogus theory without any merit.

17. interesting

18. Quote Originally Posted by anoopbal

It is often said he lost around 20lbs from his upper body which helped him tremendously. Upper body is dead weight in cycling. There are others things that could have helped, like his mental state and his determination.

The theory of "muscle coming back more stronger and dense" is just a bogus theory without any merit.
    Im proof your wrong bud. Fasted for two weeks lost round 15lbs. Been hitting gym back on diet have only gained back 5 but I'm just as strong when I had an extra 10lbs on me.. lifting the same exact weights more in some case...

19. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    It depends on your genetics. And you will be fasting..so u will lose some size. How ever numerous studies show fasting to be good for you. Its like lance Armstrong said. When he got cancer he lost all his muscles. He wasn't really like the best biker before .. but then as he trained and got strong he said my muscles came back but they came back different. As in a good way he went on to win 7 times. So the theroy is when u kinda drain ur muscles of glycogen and starve them per say when u start training again n dieting they will come back stronger more dense different in a good way.
    PESCIENCE.COM

20. ^^ haters going hate. Hey man that's fine. I not saying this is proof I'm just saying this is some the new information out there. And I tried it once and it worked for me. Call it placebo call it junk whatever you want to each there own. I just became aware of juicing and such not too long ago and I was open to it unlike other people who just blow it off as junk. I have had noticeable results from eating less meats more beans, less bread more fruit... so shoot me LOL. These are opinions based on the results I seem myself achieve and others... and that's all it really comes down to... results. I've done the typical bb diet, lots of whey lots of brown rice, lots of oats, chicken breasts.. my new diet involves juicing, lots salads beans moderation in meats. And my body changed for the better. I even think clearer. Im still getting the same macros just different sources.
    So I apologize for being an advocate for something that worked for me LOL..don't get all bent out shape bro..to each there own

21. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    ^^ haters going hate. Hey man that's fine. I not saying this is proof I'm just saying this is some the new information out there. So I apologize for being an advocate for something that worked for me LOL..don't get all bent out shape bro..to each there own
    As long as you say the line above you are fine. From your last post, you sounded as if you had a lot to teach and we all had to do a detox. Here is your last post. When you make some of these bold (sounds really stupid too) statements, you better be ready to defend yourself.

Detoxification is real, and its not pointless. To understand why we need to detox u need to first understand a couple things. Ill try to make this as short as I can. Detoxification is real, and its not pointless. To understand why we need to detox u need to first understand a couple things. Ill try to make this as short as I can.

First humans aren't design to be carnivores. When u rid ur body of excess waste that's been built up from years and years if the western diet.. high fat, high sodium, high diary, high simple refined carbs with natural methods u restart ur body persay. Allowing it to opporate as its designed. The pancreas is then not over worked and stressed and can do what is does when its not processing meats and diary through ur intestinal tract. It can fight disease! Or bodies are really an amazing thing. And food is also amazing. When u eat the right foods ur body will function properly.

22. Dude you totally confused me ha. I thought I posted it as you wrote it..

23. Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx

She's 52 now and has all that looks being on a meat based diet

24. Juice detox... Mmmmmm

Now time for cleanup.... Grrrrrr
    Attached Images Attached Images  

25. Quote Originally Posted by xigotmailx

If Penelope Cruz had a cooking show... I'd b an avid watcher lol

Much prefer her Spanish accent over Paula dean's southern twang. No offense to southern accents of course

26. Quote Originally Posted by JesstheIbex
    Juice detox... Mmmmmm

Now time for cleanup.... Grrrrrr
    Very nice looks tastey!

27. Not to jack your thread but has anyone tried a "full body detox" where you sit your feet in water and a machine runs for like an hour? I saw it on a show about a track runner on ESPN. The water turned like dark brown after an hour lol

28. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    It depends on your genetics. And you will be fasting..so u will lose some size. How ever numerous studies show fasting to be good for you. Its like lance Armstrong said. When he got cancer he lost all his muscles. He wasn't really like the best biker before .. but then as he trained and got strong he said my muscles came back but they came back different. As in a good way he went on to win 7 times. So the theory is when u kinda drain ur muscles of glycogen, and starve them per say, then u start training again n dieting they will come back stronger more dense.. different in a good way.
    Not meaning to dig up an old thread but I must have missed this.. If your going to say "numerous studies prove this" then at least show us the studies so we can judge for ourselves.

Also, lance armstrong, bad example. Although it was not known then but the fact he just got stripped of his titles for blood doping means your argument holds no weighting.

Since when did meat give you cancer? Have you had your iron levels checked? whats your b12 levels like? do you have adequete saturated fat in your diet?

29. Quote Originally Posted by hugry4more View Post
    First humans aren't design to be carnivores.
    Are you absolutely sure on this? Have a look and compare the G.I. tract for a Cow as opposed to a Human. We have enzymes in our body capable of digesting fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Also, why would you assume (on a previous post) that fiber should be avoided? This is complete rubbish.

30. Name:  detox.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  10.4 KB

THis is one of my favorites to use when looking for a complete detoxifying herbal profile. It's better than Liv52 in my opinion, and it will help you with flushing out any other free radicals that can cause slumps in energy and performance.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Detox
    By jlineberry27 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 01:10 PM
  2. Detox.
    By Davidlee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2009, 02:03 PM
  3. Detox Cleanse Your Body with a Detox Kit
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements