acne scar removal need your opinions

gfreak

Awards
what up guys new to the forum.

been working on my body and starting to meet my goals, thing is my acne scaring is bad looking for a product that can help me face and back.

i saw this at deelfinders

skincare.deelfinders.com/baby-quasar-photorejuvenation-light-therapy-red

I want everyone's opinion that has experience in this... does this stuff work? no need to review the site bought stuff from them before and was quick and painless... just want to know about the product they suggested.

thanx in advance

STFUANDTRAIN

Awards
Retin a is the best thing you could use. Go to your dermatologist and get it. I got mine for 20 bucks with insurance.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
you can get retin-a from overseas pharmacies for about the same cost.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure retin would help with scars. It can help with existing acne, but not tissue scars as far as I know. Laser is the best option, but it is expensive. $2k-$4k. I did it few years ago, it reduced the scars by a good 50+% but it doesn't eliminate them.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Retin -A will absolutely help with scars.... .1% is about as strong as you want to go.... I use it regularly,,, removed most of my wrinkles and scarring,,, it really is awesome!!!

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
The trick is to use it correctly ....thoroughly clean the area.... wait 15-20 minutes after washing to apply retin .... the moisture from washing will inhibit the absorption into the deeper layers where it needs to go to be truly affective

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I use it eod.... and use deep moisturizing on the opposite days

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm not sure retin would help with scars. It can help with existing acne, but not tissue scars as far as I know. Laser is the best option, but it is expensive. $2k-$4k. I did it few years ago, it reduced the scars by a good 50+% but it doesn't eliminate them.
Had some bad scars lol...

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
You should see my list of actual daily supps that I actually take year round,,, LMAO!!! But I don't drink and have never smoked :p
Daily supps:
competitive edge labs cycle assist 6-8 pills daily
Twin lab daily one
Twinlab b-100 2 pills two times a day .... 4 pills total
Pantothenic acid 500mg a day
Twin lab liquid cod liver oil. 1 tablespoon a day
Dessicated argentenian beef liver
Mixed tocopherol vitamin e 500iu a day
Vitamin d 5,000 iu eod
Lecithin 1/4 cup a day
Ground flax 1/4 cup a day
Grape seed extract 400 mg a day
Hawthorn liquid extract .5 ml a day
Milk thistle liquid extract .5ml a day
CoQ10 liquid .5ml a day
Arginine 20g a day
Ornithine 10g a day
Creatine 5g a day
Glutamine 5g a day
ALCAR 5g a day
GABA 500mg a day
Lysine 500mg a day
Psyllium husks 2 tablespoons a day
DMAE liquid 1ml a day
Primatene tablets 2 a day
Asprin 1 a day
Pedialyte powder. 1 single packet a day
Korean red ginseng
Glucosamine and chondroiton
2 gallons of distilled water

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Daily supps:
Twin lab daily one
Vitamin d 5,000 iu eod
Lecithin 1/4 cup a day
CoQ10 liquid .5ml a day
Arginine 20g a day
Ornithine 10g a day
Creatine 5g a day
Glutamine 5g a day
ALCAR 5g a day
GABA 500mg a day
Lysine 500mg a day
DMAE liquid 1ml a day
Asprin 1 a day
Korean red ginseng
Sheesh lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Daily supps:
Twin lab daily one
Vitamin d 5,000 iu eod
Lecithin 1/4 cup a day
CoQ10 liquid .5ml a day
Arginine 20g a day
Ornithine 10g a day
Creatine 5g a day
Glutamine 5g a day
ALCAR 5g a day
GABA 500mg a day
Lysine 500mg a day
DMAE liquid 1ml a day
Asprin 1 a day
Korean red ginseng

I have you beat lol.. but then again I'm on HRT on top of my supp useage

When I started TRT, my back got real bad. I was given some bleaching cream that bleaches melanin, works well in the winter to remove the spots. Retin-A may help the exfoliation process though. Lasers are unfortunately the only real serious choice if they are not raised or sunken scars.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I have you beat lol.. but then again I'm on HRT on top of my supp useage

When I started TRT, my back got real bad. I was given some bleaching cream that bleaches melanin, works well in the winter to remove the spots. Retin-A may help the exfoliation process though. Lasers are unfortunately the only real serious choice if they are not raised or sunken scars.
I'm on test cyp as well :)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm on t-cyp, TD DHEA, hydrocortisone, cozaar for BP, low dose of T3 (10mcg), aromasin, and low dose accutane as well as occasional retin-A use. If I were you I'd drop the milk thistle if you're using it for long term liver support. Better options out there .

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
There's cysteine in my cycle support plus lecithin is awesome for the liver,, also take dessicated liver

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Had some bad scars lol...
Not really bad, but annoying for me and figured what the heck. I walked into a clinic, scheduled the laser session, and was done with it.

The bad part though is post laser. Your skin is burned and you have to keep the skin covered with cream for more than a week and cannot wash it off. Few days into recovery your skin start to itch like crazy and you cannot scratch it. Also, redness and bruises stays for few weeks. Also first couple of days you have to keep icing your face every couple of hours and reapplying the cream to let the swelling go down.

You do notice improvements though, over 50% improvement but it does not eliminate it. If I had known what I know now, I would not have done it. I have low tolerance for recovery periods.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not really bad, but annoying for me and figured what the heck. I walked into a clinic, scheduled the laser session, and was done with it.

The bad part though is post laser. Your skin is burned and you have to keep the skin covered with cream for more than a week and cannot wash it off. Few days into recovery your skin start to itch like crazy and you cannot scratch it. Also, redness and bruises stays for few weeks. Also first couple of days you have to keep icing your face every couple of hours and reapplying the cream to let the swelling go down.

You do notice improvements though, over 50% improvement but it does not eliminate it. If I had known what I know now, I would not have done it. I have low tolerance for recovery periods.

How were you able to work / keep a shirt on during the recovery period? Did they treat your back?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's cysteine in my cycle support plus lecithin is awesome for the liver,, also take dessicated liver
Cool, I had thought it was for long term use, but I see you're on a cycle. I don't like milk thistle for long term use because it can downregulate the androgen receptors from what I've heard. For everyday usage, I use Liv.52, but I have enteric coated caps that I bought from India. They are almost pharma grade in comparison to the gel caps they sell here. The enteric caps are MUCH more effective than Liv.52 gel caps, proven by lab scores. TUDCA and ursodiol are also great choices for the short term.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Cool, I had thought it was for long term use, but I see you're on a cycle. I don't like milk thistle for long term use because it can downregulate the androgen receptors from what I've heard. For everyday usage, I use Liv.52, but I have enteric coated caps that I bought from India. They are almost pharma grade in comparison to the gel caps they sell here. The enteric caps are MUCH more effective than Liv.52 gel caps, proven by lab scores. TUDCA and ursodiol are also great choices for the short term.
Thanks.... never looked into Liv.52, I'll check it out

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established

How were you able to work / keep a shirt on during the recovery period? Did they treat your back?
I only did my face, not my back. I cannot imaging doing it on my back, that would be extremely difficult. As far as work, I work from home so I just stayed home for a week and worked from home.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think if I did it, I'd need to take a few days off work then. I work from home half the week. I have bacne scars from when it was bad 3 years ago after starting TRT, but it's faded with normal washing with a back brush. It still bothers me though. With the amount of fading now, maybe the laser treatment will completely remove the rest. I'm going to try the retin-a method though for a while and see how that works. I've kind of just been ignoring the back since my acne stopped a while back, and been letting it fade gradually.

miaxx

Awards
try INVICIBLE SCARS. It really works … After doing tremendous researches , I finally looked forward in buying this product. I had theses acne scars on my face . they became permanent and never disappeared. Believe me I tried tonnes of products to make them vanish but was always disappointed. I’m using this cream inviCible scars for 4 weeks and have seen a difference in the texture as it has lightened that portion. I may use it further more to complete the course because I’m really very much satisfied by it as it has really shown drastic effects in such sort span of time. Consult the website if you want any more details.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 0
Nutrition / Health 3
Anabolics 16
Nutrition / Health 4
General Chat 6