cals per gram macro's ???

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
does the 4 cal per gram of protein work across the board, is there any circumstances where the cals are increased for any reason. rephrase: would there ever be a time where ir would b 3 cals per or 5 cals per?

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
no protein is always 4cal. fat is always 9cal. carb are 4, but apparently you don't have to count unsolvable fiber, because it is not used as energy

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
no protein is always 4cal. fat is always 9cal. carb are 4, but apparently you don't have to count unsolvable fiber, because it is not used as energy
Saturated fat is 7.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
thanks...i was having a debate on another site...

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saturated fat is 7.....
Where did you get that? I've never read anything about there being only 7kcals per gram of saturated fats. Alcohol, though, does have 7kcals per gram.

are saturated fats the ones you dont want?
Trans fats are the only ones you don't want. Saturated fats do have an important role, but they were unfairly demonized for a long time.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Where did you get that? I've never read anything about there being only 7kcals per gram of saturated fats. Alcohol, though, does have 7kcals per gram.

Trans fats are the only ones you don't want. Saturated fats do have an important role, but they were unfairly demonized for a long time.
I'll have it find it...or am I thinking MCTs

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
8.3 for MCT versus 9 for other fats. Not really worth noting, but still a difference, esp if you drank an assload of it LOL :D
Drink coconut!!!!!!!

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
Yes, a "New Scientist" article basically laid it out that the de-naturing of cooking makes proteins more easily digestible, so raw takes more energy from your body to digest than protein cooked well-done, which would be a lower-calorie food by the principle of [energy in] - [energy needed to digest]. It has also been shown (same article) that protein should now be calculated as 3.5 calories per gram. Trust the medical industry and gubmint to take about a decade to catch up to the news...

Chances are if you're that concerned with micro-managing your caloric intake you've got much bigger problems to deal with (dysmorphia, Adonis-complex, bulimia, etc.).