Stretch marks :worried:

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%

Stretch marks :worried:

I've been doing some searching on the forum but all the threads seem to be older and I was wondering if anyone knows about any products that help with stretch marks. I've been using Bio oil but it doesn't seem to be helping. I know they wont be going away but I was just wondering what you guys have found to work the best. Thanks!

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ISU152 View Post
    I've been doing some searching on the forum but all the threads seem to be older and I was wondering if anyone knows about any products that help with stretch marks. I've been using Bio oil but it doesn't seem to be helping. I know they wont be going away but I was just wondering what you guys have found to work the best. Thanks!
    This is something that ALMOST everyone has to deal with at some point in their lives. Whether you're an avid lifter or a pregnant woman, you're going to get stretchmarks. Some individuals are more prone to them than others, but just about everyone has one somewhere. To date, there is little that you can do for them as far as topical applications go. In my opinion, all of the products out there for stretchmarks are junk or chocked full of gimmicks. I have tried a few of the topical "solutions" and have found that some of the products display immediate results, but nothing as far as long term healing goes. It's even worse if you are fair skinned like myself.

I've been lifting for 6 years off and on. My stretchmarks started to appear between my front delt and pectoral muscles around the 1 year mark probably. As much as I hated them , I knew I was doing something right in the gym. My body fat had not increased by much and I had added an exceptional amount of lean mass. This would mean they formed due to rapid muscle growth and not rapid fat gain. Basically, my skin did not have time to grow properly to accommodate the amount of muscle I had added to this area. Today, those stretch marks are visible, but not purple like they once were. They take time to heal, just like other types of scars.

You have to take them for what they are. Scars. More importantly, they are scars in the middle layer of the 3 dermis layers. It is difficult for topical applications to assist with the healing of these scars. In the last couple of years I have made sure that I am eating foods and supplementing with foods that are good for my skin. Vitamin E for example.

It may do you some good to conduct some research outside of this forum. I have, and I know many others here have as well. There are many members here who have been here for a very long period of time. Those of us who have been around know that these bastards are something we have to live with. Hell, some of us even like them I am sure all of us have gotten over their annoyance and abandoned any articles about stretchmarks. This is probably why there are no new articles.

Good luck!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%

Thanks man, I appreciate it
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.13%

Great piece of advice posted above. I've got stretch marks on my arms, lats, and pecs. Luckily, mine are thin but numerous. The huge wide ones are the hardest to cover up. Recently, I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed me retin a. They put it under acne so insurance covered it. The tube is a month supply. I've been on it for a couple weeks and my once red stretch marks, are almost completely invisible on my arms and the more severe stretch marks on my back and chest are improving greatly. I highly recommend you go get some man..it's the worst feeling when you try so hard to achieve the body you want and in doing so, you get things you can't get rid of. As aggravated said above, look at them as scars and a sign that your improving. Retin a has boosted my confidence like no other brutha...definitely worth it.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.13%

Oh and btw, my dermatologist told me only to use cocoa butter and vitamin e oil with no other **** in it like fragrances to keep your skin moisturized. She explained to me that nothing will get rid of stretch marks, but retin a speeds up the process dramatically of them fading. A good tan also helps ; )
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.05%

Quote Originally Posted by STFUANDTRAIN View Post
    Oh and btw, my dermatologist told me only to use cocoa butter and vitamin e oil with no other **** in it like fragrances to keep your skin moisturized. She explained to me that nothing will get rid of stretch marks, but retin a speeds up the process dramatically of them fading. A good tan also helps ; )
    thanks man, I'll prolly be going to the dermatologist soon

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stretch marks...
    By Bunting in forum Bulking
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM
  2. Stretch Marks!! Help!!
    By knockout189 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:53 PM
  3. Stretch Marks, Please Help!!
    By Lou22 in forum General Chat