Best Way to Cook Chicken Breast?

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Whats your favorite (least calories while still tasting good) way you cook your chicken breastesses?

1) Method (ie pan, oven, george foreman)

2) Nonstick method (ie oil, water, pam)

3) Seasoning (premixed "chicken seasoning", or your own personal blend consisting of...)

....if you couldnt guess im trying to find a way to cut down olive oil, without having to gag down tasteless chicken breasts or scrape the surface off my pans. Thanks!!

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Im currently in the contest prep phase so I know what you mean about bland chicken (sitting here now eating season less boiled chicken... sigh)
Anyways, my favorite is in a slow cooker. Throw 6-8 large chicken breasts in there with 1 or 2 chopped onions, some garlic, and 1 tiny tub of fat free cream cheese. Cook for 4-6 on high and your done!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I marinate some overnight in some fish sauce, garlic, lime, Sriracha, and Frank's sauce.

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Thanks for your responses.. Im thinking its time I get a new slow cooker... Old one died.

counterspy

counterspy

Awards
I've mostly roasted chicken in the oven. I'd get a baking sheet, throw down some foil, bathe each breast in a little olive oil, then coat liberally with Jamaican Jerk seasoning. I love a little spice, and this seasoning seems to soak in just enough, so that by the time I'm done, my nose is running a little.

Slow cooker is still new to me, but if I can find a good, yet simple mixture that will completely infiltrate and flavor the chicken, I'd do this more often. I can't stand it when I slow cook and the house smells awesome... only to discover that my chicken's flavorless. I want that flavor soaked in!

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I always grill it,burn it alittle at first and stays prett tender with cookin alot of fat out,then use walden farms zero cal bbq sauce,cayenne pepper,dash of cinn,albout my fav.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why cut down on olive oil? even a tablespoon for 3-4 breasts isn't a ton of calories, and its healthy fats which are necessary

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
1) BBQ or Crock Pot
2) Non stick Olive Oil spray for BBQ, C.P. nothing
3) Little salt n pepper with a bit of garlic for both, add a bit of onion with the C.P.

** Just reading this post made me hungry. Mmm chicken.

Last edited:

jared767

Awards
Chicken Ginger Soup
Saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add fish sauce if you have or salt. Add chicken breast. Let it simmer until all juice comes out. Add a little water and and slices of chayote squash or slices of unripe papaya. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Marinate it in coconut milk, lime and sliced jalapenos for a day. Cook in propane (or charcoal) grill.

Marinate in lime juice, olive oil, rosemary. Grill.

Stewed tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms....cook in crock pot over night.

Br

PrimiFit

Awards
I Slice it and put it on a pan, covered with a baking paper and cook it in the oven. It gets done very quickly (maby 30 min) and after it's ready, I season it with black pepper and a bit of salt and olive oil. I could also use garlic and herbs but I'm usually lazy :).

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
I always grill it,burn it alittle at first and stays prett tender with cookin alot of fat out,then use walden farms zero cal bbq sauce,cayenne pepper,dash of cinn,albout my fav.
I had a bottle of that Walden Farms zero calorie BBQ sauce and I actually enjoyed it. First time I had it, I didn't think it was good but the more I ate it, the more I liked it. Definitely going to pick up some more.