Heart attack grill

1. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Heart attack grill

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...-attack-grill/

Apparent heart attack at Heart Attack Grill

(CBS News) The Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas is proud of its name.

It warns customers, "This establishment is bad for your health."

Man stricken eating heart attack grill burger - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501363_1...-grill-burger/

Video: A meal to die for - http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4632991n

So this story may sound too good to be true: A customer at the restaurant, while eating a 6,000-calorie burger called the Triple Bypass Burger, was stricken with an apparent heart attack. And it was all caught on the cell phone video (seen below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2JVfAoyG4o">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2JVfAoyG4o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="375" height="300">

But some patrons thought it was all an act.

The video of the incident went viral online. The video shows paramedics wheeling a man having a heart attack out of a restaurant that advertises its food can kill. It's the kind of publicity other restaurants would run from -- but not this one.

Jon Basso, owner of the Heart Attack Grill, told CBS News, "We throw slogans at you like, 'Taste worth dying for.'"

Basso calls himself Dr. Jon and his waitresses "nurses." Diners wear hospital gowns.

"I am here to tell you straight out I am here to make a buck," Basso said.

Basso says plenty of restaurants serve unhealthy food -- he's just honest about it.

Basso told CBS News, "Anything that is legal that you want to eat or drink that's fun, that enriches your life at the moment, I will sell it to you."

Sharon Myers, a Heart Attack Grill customer, said at a visit to the restaurant, "Every once in a while you have to indulge, so we thought we would indulge today."

Basso said, "Who doesn't want to risk a little danger every once in a while. If I can put danger back into hamburgers, all the better."

But on Saturday night, the reality of what that can lead to hit hard when a man eating a burger called a Triple Bypass suddenly seemed like he needed one. Waitress Tracy Chamberlin called 911.

"I am nowhere near a nurse," Chamberlin said. "I just play one when I come to work"

The ambulance got there fast.

"People were taking pictures," Chamberlin recalled. "I had people ask me, 'Is this a stunt, do you do this on a regular basis? (I said,) 'No, it's not a stunt, this is for real, this man is sick.'"

CBS News asked a cardiologist if one hamburger -- even a huge one -- could actually cause a heart attack.

Dr. Sohail Anjum, of Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas, replied, "I don't think hamburger bite or eating a whole hamburger can give you a heart attack."

Paramedics said he would probably be OK but for medical privacy reasons won't release his name or condition.

For those who suspect a publicity stunt, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue confirms that a man with heart attack symptoms was taken from the Heart Attack Grill to the hospital.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

From another site

If you weigh over 350 pounds, you can eat at the Heart Attack Grill for free (according to the Las Vegas eatery's slogan). But if you should keel over, gripping your chest in agony, while scarfing down a triple bypass burger (that's what the monstrosity pictured up top is called), don't expect any of the scantily clad waitresses "nurses" to come running — chances are, they'll just think you're kidding.

According to NPR, that's exactly what happened a few nights ago when one of the patrons (called "patients" by restaurant staff) had a heart attack while eating at the bastion of morbidly excessive gluttony; the restaurant's owner, "Doctor" Jon Basso (not a real doctor — though he has, in the past, owned a chain of Jenny Craig weight-loss centers), initially thought the incident was a joke.

"One of the nurses came back to me and said, 'Dr. Jon, we've got a patient who's in trouble,'" said Basso in an interview with a local news station.

I don't know what's more ridiculous — the fact that somebody actually had a heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill less than five months after it opened its doors; that Basso still thought to refer to the waitress as a "nurse," even when he was being interviewed about one of his patrons suffering from a heart attack; or the idea that one of the staff would still have the composure necessary to stick to the restaurant's whole doctor/nurse/patient schtick in the midst of an actual medical emergency. Say what you will about the restaurant's... unique business model — to be that obtuse requires some serious dedication.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

One singular meal didnt cause a heart attack.

and anyone who partakes in such an establishment definitely knows the risks...

I think that dudes idea is ingenious.. I wish I came up with the idea! Makes it all the more better that the owner is a trained nutritionist.

And come on... the nurses!
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

4. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    One singular meal didnt cause a heart attack.

and anyone who partakes in such an establishment definitely knows the risks...

I think that dudes idea is ingenious.. I wish I came up with the idea! Makes it all the more better that the owner is a trained nutritionist.

And come on... the nurses!
    You live in Vegas?

If not why not look into opening one in your city? It looks like a good business model.. Ita gimicky and will attract people just out of curiosity and im sure the nurse waitresses and bacon burner will keep them coming back. Get a liquor license (either sell or BYOB) and throw up some flat screens for sport games and BOOM instant saturday hangout spot. Near a big college would probably do best

DO IT!!!
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    You live in Vegas?

If not why not look into opening one in your city? It looks like a good business model.. Ita gimicky and will attract people just out of curiosity and im sure the nurse waitresses and bacon burner will keep them coming back. Get a liquor license (either sell or BYOB) and throw up some flat screens for sport games and BOOM instant saturday hangout spot. Near a big college would probably do best

DO IT!!!
    If I had monies like that... I would do it in a heart beat (or lack there of)... BAZINGA!
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 01:16 PM
  2. Silent Heart Attack Steroids?
    By luclyluciano in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM
  3. Naughty Nurses At The Heart Attack Grill
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6