bison over beef!!

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Bison is amazing you guys gotta try it. I just cooked up some organic bison bugars freaking great. Try it out some time.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Bison is the greatest. Tastes good too. I sometimes use the chopped up bison meat and make bison meatballs other than burgers.. Give that a try!

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I would love to use bison, but they charge double what they charge for beef here.

Thing2594

Awards
I'm in love with bison meat!!! Damn you op! Got me craving lol!

dpk20x

Awards
Anyone know if there's pink slime in ground bison?

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Id eat it if it werent so expensive. Its almost 8 or 9 bucks for 4oz out here in SoCal

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
The best thing to do is go to a private meat store in hr neighborhood not no commercialized supermarket and talk to the boss. Let him know ur situation and make a deal with him. If u gaurantee that u will buy a certain amount per week plus other things like chicken and such he will cut a deal. That's what I do

SupremeMMA

Awards
I think I might have to try some bison, been hearing a lot about it lately.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
The best thing to do is go to a private meat store in hr neighborhood not no commercialized supermarket and talk to the boss. Let him know ur situation and make a deal with him. If u gaurantee that u will buy a certain amount per week plus other things like chicken and such he will cut a deal. That's what I do
I have been trying to do something like this...

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I get it this small local organic food mart. Those are good place to start. Check Craigslist as well..

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I get it at the supermarket. This is the brand they sell. It is about $8 for a pound.
Thanks! I found one of their retailers in town. I will pay them a visit over the weekend and pick me up few lbs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where in NY are you? There are a couple butchers in my neighborhood (Williamsburg), but I'm always looking around for good deals on quality meats

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Where in NY are you? There are a couple butchers in my neighborhood (Williamsburg), but I'm always looking around for good deals on quality meats
I'm in Bensonhurst... Lou Ferrigno's hood ;) lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ah so you are in NYC. Does your butcher do deliveries?

Just curious as well, what type of place do you train at? There aren't many decent powerlifting gyms in the city, one on the upper east side and one in Queens, so I lift at a large crossfit box/gym here in BKLYN.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Ah so you are in NYC. Does your butcher do deliveries?

Just curious as well, what type of place do you train at? There aren't many decent powerlifting gyms in the city, one on the upper east side and one in Queens, so I lift at a large crossfit box/gym here in BKLYN.
I'm not sure but if he does do deliveries it's probably just within the neighborhood. I train @ a neighborhood gym called Dolphin Fitness. Gay name I know I know but it's a real gym, it's got everything you need and no1 disturbs your workouts. There's no personal trainers, no classes, no juice bar. Just a cardio section, machines and freeweights. It's a nicer version of Metro Flex if you can get a picture of what Metro Flex is about

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wegman's here in Buffalo (home of the Bisons, incidentally) sells ground bison for $7.49 / lb. They also sell steaks. Bison is excellent protein, but having little to no fat, needs to be seasoned well and cooked no more than medium. Good stuff!

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Bison is real good stuff! I don't eat it as often as I'd like to cause of price and usually go with lean ground beef in my diet but treat myself to a nice slab of bison from time to time.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Bison is real good stuff! I don't eat it as often as I'd like to cause of price and usually go with lean ground beef in my diet but treat myself to a nice slab of bison from time to time.
Bison isss lean lol

Nychoopaholic

Awards
Bison taste so good...not easy on the wallet though

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I finally got to try it. I have to say I expected more based on the hype. It was good, but not great to justify the price.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I finally got to try it. I have to say I expected more based on the hype. It was good, but not great to justify the price.
Well there are different qualities out there. And u need to cook it right. Was the bison organic?

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I got beefalo (cross breed bison with cow) from a local farmer for $3 per pound.

Got it all in steaks and hamburger.

It's awesome!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thyrod Recipes 11
WPChickDiesel Nutrition / Health 17
Recipes 0
Weight Loss 5
Nutrition / Health 2