how much whey in a day??

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

how much whey in a day??

How much do u guys think. I really cut back a lot on the amount of shakes I take in. I find a feel much healthier and my skin has like a new clearness to it. Been eating mire cottage cheese, chick peas n such. I always have 50 grams post is there any benefits to whey prior to workout over say 7oz of chicken?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

i dont feed into meal timing anymore so i dont use a pre meal, my answer would be that whole food is always better in my opinion but chicken takes longer to digest..
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    i dont feed into meal timing anymore so i dont use a pre meal, my answer would be that whole food is always better in my opinion but chicken takes longer to digest..
    Yea I'm not exactly to meal timing believer. When you puke n you kno exactly what came out and really how long ago you ate it kinda puts things into perspective..

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

ive trained fasted for a while now and feel an over all improvement in my workouts, i do use purple wraath intra though
    www.lgsciences.com

5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Answers

I cannot stand cottage cheese Nothing wrong with chicken instead of whey, just not right before workout for digestion reasons of course.

6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadi
    I cannot stand cottage cheese Nothing wrong with chicken instead of whey, just not right before workout for digestion reasons of course.
    I never liked it till I added honey n fruit. Its good to add to shakes too. 12 grams of protein in half cup! That's insane

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

i eat cottage cheese right out the tub....large curd..
    www.lgsciences.com

8. New Member
    Answers

I have cut shakes out unless I am low on protein for the day from whole food sources and there is no difference in how I feel or am gaining. My strength if anything has increased more since I have switched to only worrying about getting my protein from foods.

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I use 3 scoops on workout days 1 scoops pre workout with a cup of Greek yogurt and 2 scoops post workout. I off days I might use 1 scoop with pre fast.

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Answers

There is really no benefit to diff protein types when they have similar absorption values but for me I need the shakes I have very little time to eat during the day and my appetite sucks lol. I never have whey before a workout tho for some reason having a carb source with whey before a workout makes me feel pretty tired during the workout I prefer some rice and chicken preworkout..

11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid
    There is really no benefit to diff protein types when they have similar absorption values but for me I need the shakes I have very little time to eat during the day and my appetite sucks lol. I never have whey before a workout tho for some reason having a carb source with whey before a workout makes me feel pretty tired during the workout I prefer some rice and chicken preworkout..
    Yea um with u on the chicken n rice pwo.

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.
    Answers

I usally only have 1 scoop with fruit blended together post training,then a whole food meal 2hrs later,sometimes i make a whole food meal post(today)but use foods easier to digest(greek yogurt,pumpkin,ect)find i recover from mu training better with faster acting souces,training is high intensity(deloading this week)with complexes,swimmming,running so on,so i depleat more then a typical bodtbuilding routine,guess it depends on the stlye of your training for best choice.

13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

As much as YOU need to get in your protein.

14. New Member
    Answers

Just make sure your getting enough protein each day.

15. New Member
    Answers

They say since whey is absorbed faster it pulls the body out of that "catabolic" state your in post workout. I honestly don't buy into that bollsheet. I think it wouldn't alter your results at all. In the end it all boils down to busting your butt and having your diet tight. There are coaches like Scott abel who don't have many of their clients on whey unless getting in enough food is a problem.

16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thing2594
    They say since whey is absorbed faster it pulls the body out of that "catabolic" state your in post workout. I honestly don't buy into that bollsheet. I think it wouldn't alter your results at all. In the end it all boils down to busting your butt and having your diet tight. There are coaches like Scott abel who don't have many of their clients on whey unless getting in enough food is a problem.
    Yea lots of pros eat steak post workout .. good point

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whey or Whey/Caisen blend Post Workout??
    By BxGymRat in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 03:06 AM
  3. Scivation Whey or allthewhey whey protein blend
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 07:43 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
  5. Designer Protein Whey VS Optimum Nutrition Whey